***** Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) *****

2»

Comments

• Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    5/3/5
    I made a video featuring Bone Head if you'd like to check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGR0dGO2aCQ&feature=youtu.be
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess I was reading too much into the chain whip power description. It says “remove all chain whips on the field”. So I thought I could get more than 1 chain whip on the field. 

Nope. Can’t be done. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess I was reading too much into the chain whip power description. It says “remove all chain whips on the field”. So I thought I could get more than 1 chain whip on the field. 

Nope. Can’t be done. 

If one is Locked, then you can create a new one. Kinda like Medusa's CD.. which is why Locking is a lousy ability
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Those of you in the 5* game: My gho5t Rider is at 4/0/2 right now, and I'm wondering if pulling strictly out of latest to try and get him up to 13 covers would be a good idea if he were my first/only champion. Right now I have several 5*s in the 6 cover range, but Robbie is my only "latest" who I could actively meaningfully chase. Is this a good idea or a bad idea at this stage? I have 18 4* champs, and maybe 3 more waiting on Iso, with a bunch in the 10-12 cover spread. JJ/Lumbercap/Gho5t Rider seems like a decent (if not stellar) group of 5s to do this on, and I have a raft of 3* characters that are on the verge of giving out LTs in the near future, so I'm as poised as I've ever been to try it.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Those of you in the 5* game: My gho5t Rider is at 4/0/2 right now, and I'm wondering if pulling strictly out of latest to try and get him up to 13 covers would be a good idea if he were my first/only champion. Right now I have several 5*s in the 6 cover range, but Robbie is my only "latest" who I could actively meaningfully chase. Is this a good idea or a bad idea at this stage? I have 18 4* champs, and maybe 3 more waiting on Iso, with a bunch in the 10-12 cover spread. JJ/Lumbercap/Gho5t Rider seems like a decent (if not stellar) group of 5s to do this on, and I have a raft of 3* characters that are on the verge of giving out LTs in the near future, so I'm as poised as I've ever been to try it.

First thing, GRRR will remain in tokens for another 6 weeks MAX, the odds you generate enough LT's/CP to pull 7 covers by then are pretty low unless you have a big stash already.

Depends what you play mainly. He's great in PVE, not built for PVP (he's quite slow, especially the green which is his best power).

I would NOT make him my only 5* champ.

That said, I find him really enjoyable, his powers all hit pretty hard, his match damage surpasses even 5* Thor and he's a lot of fun to play.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I appreciate that feedback; I like his art and animations quite a bit. I do spend most of my time in PVE, but I will play PVP to 575 or try and push to 900 if i need the 4*/have a boosted team. I guess what I'll do is chase latest only this season and stop spending in classics, and then if I get there, I'll have to decide what to do about dumping iso into him or not. I agree that it's unlikely I'll get another 7 covers on him in that time, but half the fun in this game is chasing unobtainable stuff lol.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Another thing to consider, he's really hard to judge until he's fully covered/champed. A lot of the forum members seems not very enthusiatic about him and are not chasing him for that very reason.

Just my opinion, he belongs in the top10 easily, you won't regret champing GRRR in any case that's for sure.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I appreciate that feedback; I like his art and animations quite a bit. I do spend most of my time in PVE, but I will play PVP to 575 or try and push to 900 if i need the 4*/have a boosted team. I guess what I'll do is chase latest only this season and stop spending in classics, and then if I get there, I'll have to decide what to do about dumping iso into him or not. I agree that it's unlikely I'll get another 7 covers on him in that time, but half the fun in this game is chasing unobtainable stuff lol.

On average, you'll need the equivalent of 3500CP to get those 7 GR covers (excluding Bonus Heroes). Divide that by 42 days; you'd need an average of 83.333...CP a day. Can you achieve that?

Definitely not pulling down anything like 84cp/day, and I'm also not really sure I even want to be in the 5* meta, so I don't know that hoarding is really the right choice for me either. I appreciate the reality check on actually getting him fully covered. I'm probably still going to just spend in latest as i get it, see how that works out for me. I set him as my BH since it's wildly unlikely I'll get my 1/1/1 gambit anywhere meaningful that way. For me, 5* tier is just like a thing that's happening in the background as I build my 4* roster out, but now that one of them is sort of approaching something like a usable level, it kind of just had me thinking about trying to go for one.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    No worries; it's not like we're trying to put a dampener on your enthusiasm. But yup, all these need to be factored in. Just continue playing at your own pace; eventually you'll definitely be in a position where getting 13-cover 5* is very much a possibility
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Oh totally, and I don't take it in that way at all. I think it's very apparent that hoarding is the way to get to 5* town. I just don't really enjoy it at those times i"ve saved up for stuff. Since i'm still working on my resource engine (still have about 15 3*s to champ), getting a champion 5* would probably stick my neck out too far anyhow. I feel like the day will come when i'm more comfortably pulling in lts/cp from champion rewards, and that will probably be the time to consider it.