Roster advice for a formerly mismanaged roster

Comments

• ssbledsoe
    ssbledsoe Posts: 52 Match Maker
    There is no need to bother with Bag-Man. I didn't roster him until I was well into 4* land, and even then, it was basically just because I'm a completionist.

The 3* ISO drought doesn't last too long. It's definitely a struggle for a while, but they champ fast enough, and the tier is limited enough that you get past it.
    My ISO drought isn't all that bad.  I just don't have a surplus where everything is caught up.  With the season ending and clearing into SHIELD Rank 70, I was able to champ my Thanos 3* this morning.  I'll dump another 100k into Mystique in the next couple days.  Then it'll be back to my 2* farm.  Once those 4 are champed, I'll hopefully be able to keep up with whatever comes my way.

Quebbster said:
    Yeah, Bag-man is basically a Trophy character. Since he is Limited he will never be required in PvE. The big reason to champ him is that his level 144 champion reward is a Legendary token, but collecting 63 covers for him takes forever. Ignore him until you are at a Point where you feel you can afford a roster spot for him.
    I kind of felt like Bagman (as well as the other limited characters) were kind of a "look how many Bags to Riches rounds I've played."  Maybe I'll roster him one of these days, but my HP stock is at a point where pulling 2-3 new 4*s would push me to a decision point of burning a cover or buying HPs to roster them. 

While I have spent money on this game, it's something I'd like to minimize moving forward.  Or, at a minimum, leave it to the VIP package and the occasional bundle.  

Of the 3* characters I have yet to champ/get fully covered (list below), which one is going to be the most useful for me moving into 4* land?  My gut says Kamala Khan or Captain Marvel for their champ rewards (Medusa & C4rol respectively) would be the best to make as my bonus cover.  I have a Medusa with a red and yellow cover.  KK would give me the purple I would need to get all 3 covers and I could use my CP to get 3-4 covers a month, and champed by late summer depending on how quickly I pull etc.  I get my butt handed to me in the PvP meta and would like to add either of those characters to my arsenal, but not sure what would be best.  I don't have 4R&G rostered at this time either, so maybe champing 3* R&G would be best as well???  Any thoughts appreciated.

3*s rostered, but not fully covered:
    Daredevil
    Quicksilver
    Punisher
    Star-Lord
    Bullseye
    She-Hulk
    Hawkeye
    Captain Marvel
    Rocket & Groot
    Kamala Khan
    Colossus
    Psylocke
    Doctor Octopus
    Sam Wilson
    Elektra
    Storm
    Vision
    Squirrel Girl
    Spider-Man
    Sentry
    Gamora
    Human Torch
    Angel
    Ragnarok
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, Kamala Khan and Rocket and Groot are probably the best ones on that list, so prioritze them. In the long run you will want to champ all threestar characters, but starting with the best ones is a good idea.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep in mind that your ISO drought will now never end, and managing this will become a juggling act. But it sounds as though you know what to do. Minimize the opportunities of getting 4-star covers (for now) until you have all the 3-stars champed and you won't be wasting any 2 or 3-star covers you gain. That means hoarding all your CP and Legendary Tokens (which you are doing) until you're ready to fully make the jump into 4-star territory.

Once there, only open tokens if you have enough ISO to champ a 4-star. Open until you get a 14th cover for one, then stop. Champ that character. Hoard until you have enough ISO again. Repeat.

This will keep wasted covers to an absolute minimum, though you'll still be selling an unusable cover from time to time from progression rewards, champ rewards, and lucky Heroic Token pulls.

Champing all the 3-stars may sound like a daunting task, but you only have 24 left. You should be able to champ about 3 of them every two weeks thru dedicated play - so you're about 2 months away if you get them all fully covered. Don't be afraid to dip into your CP hoard and spend 20CP for a cover or two if you need to buy that last annoying 13th cover for a 3-star.
  • ssbledsoe
    Quebbster said:
    Yeah, Kamala Khan and Rocket and Groot are probably the best ones on that list, so prioritze them. In the long run you will want to champ all threestar characters, but starting with the best ones is a good idea.
    I'll start with KK since she's one I could get champed the fastest, and then I'll switch to R&G.  I'm definitely working towards champing all of the 3*s.  It'll just take some time as I previously completely undervalued the champion progression awards for those.

Dormammu said:
    Keep in mind that your ISO drought will now never end, and managing this will become a juggling act. But it sounds as though you know what to do. Minimize the opportunities of getting 4-star covers (for now) until you have all the 3-stars champed and you won't be wasting any 2 or 3-star covers you gain. That means hoarding all your CP and Legendary Tokens (which you are doing) until you're ready to fully make the jump into 4-star territory.

Once there, only open tokens if you have enough ISO to champ a 4-star. Open until you get a 14th cover for one, then stop. Champ that character. Hoard until you have enough ISO again. Repeat.

This will keep wasted covers to an absolute minimum, though you'll still be selling an unusable cover from time to time from progression rewards, champ rewards, and lucky Heroic Token pulls.

Champing all the 3-stars may sound like a daunting task, but you only have 24 left. You should be able to champ about 3 of them every two weeks thru dedicated play - so you're about 2 months away if you get them all fully covered. Don't be afraid to dip into your CP hoard and spend 20CP for a cover or two if you need to buy that last annoying 13th cover for a 3-star.
    This is all good info.  I had planned on hoarding all of my CP, but I think that's probably not a bad idea to use some of it to get my 3*s fully covered.  Obviously that would be contingent upon having the ISO to champ the 3* and then use a cover on the vine to get the LT.

Again, lots of great stuff here and look forward to getting more out of the game!
  • ssbledsoe
    5/7/18 Update

2* Land:
    The farm is fully operational at this point and should be self sustaining moving forward.  All Characters are champed (minus Baggy) and now results in no cover loss/conversion to ISO there.  I figure I should be seeing turn over in the next month, which will come in handy.

3* Land:
    Thanos and Mystique were both champed; awesome.  With last weeks PvE I was able to get DD to 13 covers.  I don't have any on the vine of him, and he's at LVL 91 (need 118K ISO or so to champ); he'll wait to have ISO invested in him. 

I have a She-Hulk cover on the vine that expires in a little over 6 days.  She's currently at 5-1-3.  I've set her as my BH, but I don't have any grand illusions that I will be able to save that one.  It would be nice, but the ISO and covers needed will be too onerous with what is going on with my 4*s.  I'd have to spend 80 CP to get to 13 covers (or get usable BH's), and then an additional 120k ISO to save the cover.  There's a chance...but about as good of a chance as Lloyd had with Mary Swanson.

4* Land:
    From last week, I was able to champ Nightcrawler.  IMHB is still at LVL 250 w/ 13 covers.  I'm in no rush to champ him w/ him spec'd 5-4-4.  Unfortunately, I had to sell the Yondu cover.  It is what it is.

Heroic tokens were raining 4*s last week; including 2 BH.  Unfortunately, this has created a real heck of a time crunch for me to get 2 more 4*s champed.  Teen Jean was my BH and gave me a Green and Blue cover.  Prior to those pulls, I was at 3-5-3, so the blue is on the vine w/ just under 11 days left.  Of course, I got presented w/ a HfH for a Teen Jean Green and jumped at the opportunity to get the 13th cover I need for her.  As of right now, I am about 60k ISO away from getting her champed and saving that cover.  It'll happen, so that's righteous.

Here's where I could use some help.  My 4BP was at 3-5-2 last week.  This week the RNG gave me 2 more Blue 4BP covers.  I have just over 9 days to save the first, and 11 days to save the second. 

My intuition has me here:
    Set my 4* BH to BP (done).  Pray I get 1 usable 4BP.  Save my CP to 120 for another usable BP (will not use this UNTIL I get a usable 4BP BH).  ASSUME the game offers me a 4BP HfH.  IF that happens, I'll be one lucky SOB and need every shard of ISO I can save between now and then, but the covers are going to be the real rate limiter here.

So, that's where I'm at for the next 7-12 days.  If anyone has any better ideas as to how to avoid wasting the 4BP covers, I'm all ears.  As good as my luck was last week, I'm not as optimistic that will continue this week...
  • Dormammu
    Don't worry about the She-Hulk cover. Let it go. Sounds like Teen Jean is next and I agree. Your plan for Black Panther is sound, but I wouldn't bank on the BH to come through and I'm not sure I'd spend the CP either. You may want to consider letting those covers go, continue hoarding your CP for a (more) rainy day, and champing Hulkbuster instead. He's a really good 4-star. But... if you really like Panther and you think he'll be of more use - go for it. The upside to Panther is that he'll be in the Latest batch for a while and you'd probably end up with more champ levels than HB.
  • ssbledsoe
    Dormammu said:
    Don't worry about the She-Hulk cover. Let it go. Sounds like Teen Jean is next and I agree. Your plan for Black Panther is sound, but I wouldn't bank on the BH to come through and I'm not sure I'd spend the CP either. You may want to consider letting those covers go, continue hoarding your CP for a (more) rainy day, and champing Hulkbuster instead. He's a really good 4-star. But... if you really like Panther and you think he'll be of more use - go for it. The upside to Panther is that he'll be in the Latest batch for a while and you'd probably end up with more champ levels than HB.
    I think there’s a chance (less than 50/50) that I can save the BP covers.  If I can make it happen, I will, but I’m not going to stress too much if it doesn’t.  I’m certainly not dumping any resources (ISO, CP, HP) into 4BP until a usable cover appears.  And certainly not before Teen Jean gets champed which will be tomorrow or the next day (I made another 15k ISO since this morning).

As for IMHB, I will certainly champ him, but have just been holding off with all my other needs.  He’s kind of a 1 trick pony. He’s really good at that trick, but he doesn’t really shnergize well with the other 4*s I use (Vulture, DP, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler). I’m open to suggestions for how to use him though.
  • Dormammu
    edited May 2018
    The thing about Hulkbuster is that he's a self-synergizer and really doesn't need anybody else to get him going, so whether you use all his colors or just his red nuke - it's all good. For example, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to put him with Vulture: put Vulture in attack mode (3/5/5) and let him use all the black, green, and blue. HB can just be there to clean up once you have enough red. Throw Nighcrawler in there as another AP battery with his purple and you have the makings of a good team. No active yellow, but rainbow teams are overrated.

EDIT: HB also works great with several 3-stars. For example, put him with Iron Fist and Cyclops. Iron Fist is making black (with his purple) and Cyke is making red (with his yellow) and HB converts it all into DEATH.
  • ssbledsoe
    edited May 2018
    5/17/18 Update:

2* Land:
    The farm continues operation.  Wolverine is at LVL 138. Moonstone (137), Bullseye (136), an Hawkeye (136) aren't far behind.  I plan to immediately sell and reroster once they hit 144.  At some point I'll worry about getting them spread out, but the ISO will be more handy immediately than it will be sitting there waiting for me to get 13 more covers and more ISO to sell and immediately reroster as a champ.

3* Land:
    She-Hulk was champed and the cover saved.  With BH and all told, she's at LVL 169.  DD is still sitting at 13 covers.  He has a cover on the vine that expires in 4 days or so.  He'll be my next ISO investment purely for the LT the 14th cover will generate. 

I also have covers of the following:
    KK - 6 covers (first drops off in 8 days) - KK is still at 12 covers (5-2-5) - she may take some CP to get the pesky 13th cover, but I've got a week plus for that to sort out - hoping I can get DD and CM first.
    CM - 1 cover expiring just under 8 days - she's at 13 covers, just need the ISO (which will be next priority after DD)
    SL3 - 1 cover expiring in 7 days - he's at 12 covers (5-5-2) - It'll all depend on the ISO and CP situation in 7 days.  Maybe I'll have the resources to save all of them, but this one is the one I'm willing to sacrifice if need be.

I'm currently at about 62k ISO.  I "should" be able to generate the ISO to save them all (assuming 2* turnover), and I should have enough CP to spend if needed to get KK & SL to 13 covers to champ.  My plan is to prioritize them in this order: DD, CM, KK, SL.  This is based on when covers expire and whether or not they would need any investment above and beyond ISO to champ them (since I'm really spending this to get LVL 166 LTs).  I'm open to discussion as to whether or not I've prioritized them correctly.  None of these are really going to be used by me other than required nodes.  

4* Land:
    As noted, I was quickly able to Champ Teen Jean.  She's been a fun addition to the roster.  I've spec'd her at 5-3-5 and her AOE damage is nice; especially when she tosses out 6 enemy special tiles.  

Even better news is that as of yesterday I was able to get in just under the wire with my 4BP.  I saved both covers, and am rather happy about it.  I did spend the CP for the 13th cover, but I think it was worth it.  I've been having fun with him in some of the FFW events and DDQ.

My ISO for the next week is tied up in the 3* champs as I have no 4* covers on the vine/ISO needs for 4*s.  Once I get my 3* covers straightened out, I'll champ IMHB and respec him to 5-5-3.  He should be a fun add.

Current BH are set:
    3* Grocket - currently 2-3-3 He'll take a minute to be ready to champ
    4* Rogue - currently 2-3-2 - I did this at the behest of my alliance.  I know she's gigantic PITA to deal with so she'll be good to get champed.  I'll probably go for Vulture after her, but that'll be awhile.  While I'm much closer with him (5-1-4), I'd very likely get into another cover time crunch with him.
    5* Gambit - obvious choice, but doesn't really matter as I'm barely transitioning to the 4* tier...

So there you have it.  Now that I'm free of 4* covers on the vine, I plan to completely finish champing the 3* tier before revisiting champing 4*s again (save the ISO for IMHB).  At this point it's just a waiting game for the ISO.  I feel way less stress trying to champ the 3*s than the 4*s.  While it eats at me that I sometimes don't have the required 4*s to clear the Behemoth Burrito and I've been very rarely able to beat the Crash of the Titans, I'll be in a much better position to take those tasks down in the coming months.
  • Dormammu
    ssbledsoe said:
    I'm currently at about 62k ISO.  I "should" be able to generate the ISO to save them all (assuming 2* turnover), and I should have enough CP to spend if needed to get KK & SL to 13 covers to champ.  My plan is to prioritize them in this order: DD, CM, KK, SL.  This is based on when covers expire and whether or not they would need any investment above and beyond ISO to champ them (since I'm really spending this to get LVL 166 LTs).  I'm open to discussion as to whether or not I've prioritized them correctly.  None of these are really going to be used by me other than required nodes.
    Kamala is the key, here. She'll be of immediate use and instantly make your roster better. You WILL use her and she remains viable into 4-star land. Captain Marvel and Starlord are benchwarmers and losing their covers shouldn't bother you. Daredevil's more of a niche guy but solid.
  • ssbledsoe
    Dormammu said:
    ssbledsoe said:
    Kamala is the key, here. She'll be of immediate use and instantly make your roster better. You WILL use her and she remains viable into 4-star land. Captain Marvel and Starlord are benchwarmers and losing their covers shouldn't bother you. Daredevil's more of a niche guy but solid.
    Will I use her before I use Teen Jean though???  They pretty much overlap (both actives green and purple; nonoverlap is passive - blue stun + damage vs yellow burst heal). 

I'm just thinking from a resource perspective that if I have to sacrifice 1 cover and a couple days to champ the others it'll be worth it.  I'm also not all that convinced I'll really even have to sacrifice anything.  If I turn over 1 or 2 2* characters it'll be a simple task to champ them all.  I have half a mind to open the entire Okoye vault to get the 2* covers (3 BE, 3 HE, 1 Wolvie).  Add in the tokens and ISO and it almost feels like a no brainer...
  • Dormammu
    If you can champ all of them go for it, that's the avenue to take. Four more down and earning champ rewards.  B)

As for Jean vs. Kamala.... yeah, you'll be apt to go with Jean more often. Until Kamala is boosted and Jean isn't. And don't sleep on Kamala's burst healing. It may not save you any health packs, but you'd be surprised how well it'll soften a really hard fight. You can't lose if you don't run out of health.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kamala's ability to self-accelerate or feed green to someone else is also pretty handy, and there will be times when that's what you really want, which Jean can't provide.
  • ssbledsoe
    Thanks for the feedback guys.  I've used KK sparingly, but your points are noted and well taken.  

5/26/18 Update:
    2* Land:
    I'm finally turning over my 2*s.  I've sold and rerosterd BE, Moonstone, HE, CM, and Wolverine.  I didn't mean to sell BE until after Meet R&G, but luckily I had covers on the vine to replace the champ I sold.  I also sold Human Torch, but have yet to get a cover to reroster him; w/ him being essential in the last PVE, I'm in no rush to get him back.  I'll be selling a few more champs in the coming days/weeks.  The ISO will come in quite handy as you'll see below.

3* Land:
    I've champed quite a few since the last update: DD, KK, CM, SL, Spidey, BE, and Squirrel Girl.  Recycling the 2*s and getting their ISO really helped accelerate this.  Obviously, champing 1 3* and a 4* every day or so isn't a realistic pace, but will be returning to a more manageable pace soon.

I have 2 more 3*s at 13 covers: Storm and R&G.  I have 3 covers of each on the vine.  Storm has 2 expiring in a little over 5 days and 1 at 13+; R&G expires 3 covers in 9-13 days.  I'm not sure what order I'll invest my ISO.  It'll all depend on what happens w/ my 4*.  If I have to sell all but the last cover of each, I'm OK w/ that as long as I can generate the LT.  

4* Land:
    Another 4* champed since the last update; I'm officially at 6 - I had 2 when I started this little adventure.  I ended up getting a 14th IMHB and champed him with the ISO from a 2* max champ sale.

The biggest issue coming up will be what to do with Rogue.  I had her as my BH and between BHs, PVE placement & progression rewards, I've got her to 5-4-2...w/ 2 green on the vine (expiring 12-13 days out).  A red cover is in the Meet R&G vault, so I could possibly get her there and then HfH and/or buy a cover w/ 120CP.  Right now I'm just waiting it out before dumping HP or CP into her.  Obviously she'll be the priority to not waste 4* covers.  It's more of a waiting game to see how the 12th & 13th usable covers arrive.  I'm also holding on spending any ISO on anything else until this fleshes itself out.

Current BH are set:
    3* Colossus - currently 2-0-3 - A strategic pick hoping to build in some time just accumulating 3* covers of characters my low covered 3*s.  I plan to pick a BH and get up to 5 covers in a single color, and then move on to another.  Hopefully it'll allow me enough time to champ the covers I have on my vine and then rechamp my 2*s before restarting the 3* champ locomotive...
    4* Rogue - currently 5-4-2 - Hopefully a Red or Yellow pops up in the next 10 days or so.
    5* Thor - I made a switch here.  Not that I have gotten or expect to get a 5* BH, but I do use Thor quite a bit for match damage and then as an AP aggregate when he's 50% health.  My Gambit has 1 cover and I won't be transitioning to 5* land anytime soon.  I'd rather have a usable Thor cover than a Gambit cover that will really do nothing for me in the grand scheme of things.

I'm down 16 3*s left to champ (2 will be done by next update).  I've rostered all but 12 4*s and 8 5*s.  Overall, not a bad 10 days and a pretty decent turnaround since I started this not quite 2 months ago.
  • Dormammu
    What is your roster slot / HP situation? Now that you are closing in on the 3-star tier, with 20 chars left to roster, you want to prioritize your HP to do so and minimize cover loss for characters you can't roster. 3-star champ rewards are going to start netting you 4-star covers and LTs, and as your 4-star roster develops you will win more 4-star rewards/LTs through play.

I would say devote all your HP to getting those last roster slots open and hoard any CP/LTs you get until that happens. When situations like your current one with Rogue occur, you have to weigh the value of that HP you'd use in the HfH store. 3600 HP to get one cover? Or use  it to open nearly 4 roster slots and potentially save 4 covers? Of course, you have to factor in vine loss too. This is why a hoard of CP comes in handy, as sometimes 120 CP to buy the cover is more strategic than 3600 HP.
  • ssbledsoe
    Roster slots haven't been a problem.  I tend to hang between 5-8k HP depending on what I've purchased (roster slot/vault/HfH/HP from offers) etc.  

I don't hoard in the same manner that guys hoarding to fully cover new releases hoard because my thought process has been "it's not like immediately champing a new 4* is going to bring me into the realm of the meta".  That said, your point about HP vs CP buys for covers is well taken.  I need to do some better tracking of my HP income.  I'm pretty solid on the amount of ISO and CP I generate, but I don't know how much HP I generate roughly each day/week.  Back of the napkin math makes me think it might be easier for me to generate CP than HP for those slots, but I'm not certain.
  • ssbledsoe
    6/5/18 Update:
    2* Land:
    Most 2*s have turned over and that ISO went towards the things below.  OBW & Storm have lagged behind and are at LVL 135 & 133 respectively.  It'll be a minute before they're sold and rerosterd. Their utility at this point is for DDQ, and OBW will be a PvE essential coming up.  I've rechamped and reinvested ISO into Moonstone and Wolverine (both LVL 107).  I have 3 others at 13 covers (HE, CM, HT), but they're relegated to waiting for ISO.  The rest are between 3-12 covers.  Farming is farming.  I have yet to waste a 2* cover, but that may change with the 3* crunch incoming.  There's about a week for this to flesh itself out.

3* Land:
    Since the last update, I've champed Storm and R&G, and no cover waste since last update either.   This next week or so might change that as I have 4 ready to champ, and I could use the LT to try and pull Okoye with her being essential in the next PvE.  Gamora & Rags are at 13 w/ covers on the vine.  As soon as the ISO appears, they'll get champed and I'll pull the LT's in the meager hope of getting Okoye (or JJ who has also eluded me) for the 5E PvE node.  Psylocke & Colossus are at 12 w/ covers on the vine.  I have Colossus as my BH in hopes of not needing to drop 20 CP to save any covers; which is TBD.  Psylocke will get last priority.  If I burn a cover or 2 of hers, I won't lose any sleep.  Pretty much all of my ISO gains in the next week or so will be dumped into these 4. 

My next 3*s to champ will be QS & HE (both at 12 coveres), but luckily I don't have any of them on the vine.  I hope to keep it that way with the ISO crunch I'm in currently.  

4* Land:
    All worked out from last update and I was able to champ Rogue.  Per previous advice, I passed on the 3600 HP HfH and bought the 13th cover w/ 120 CP.  This leaves my HP right around 4k even after 2 roster slots.  That was some sound advice, and my CP stores will recover much faster than my HP would have.  This'll likely be my strategy moving forward.

Covers on the vine: Howard Purple...  I have half a mind to waste a second roster spot on him just so I don't get so irritated when I lose covers because my Howard is 2-0-5.  But, I realize what kind of space waste that is, and with his event/covers so infrequent it'd be a complete waste.

Hoping to sit back and chill on 4* champs for the time being w/ the 3*s needing the ISO.  Hopefully I'll get back to champing 4*s in the next couple of weeks.

Current BH are set:
    3* Colossus - currently 5-2-5 - Hoping for a Red cover to pop up so I don't have to spend any CP on him to champ.  He is the first 3* cover that will expire (8 days & change).  
    4* America Chavez - currently 2-3-2 - I'm nowhere near getting the meta Grock-dora-dusa championed (GRocket 0-1-0; Gamora 2-4-3; Medusa 3-3-2), so I'm hoping that I can make her my next 4* champion.  I use her w/ my 50% health Gladiathor and 3Strange to get through the "hard" PvE nodes.  Most of the time, AC is tossing out criticals on the 4th turn or so.  Gladiathor's Green & Red actives can do some decent damage, and Strange's Yellow combats thug spam w/ his blue stunning anyone that might become a PITA.  Probably not as fast as the meta (wouldn't know since I'm not there), but certainly allows me to compete for placement in CL7.
    5* Thor - currently 2-2-0 - No change here.

Overall, I've been able to make good use of the covers on my vine so far, and I have moved forward quite a bit (or so I feel).  The earliest cover to expire on my vine is a 2* BE in about 7 days.  I think I've been juggling covers down to the last day for what feels like weeks.  It's nice to sit back for a week and gather resources and see what happens.
  • Dormammu
    Don't sell the farm or bend over backwards for Gamora, Ragnarok, Psylocke, or Colossus. They're all bottom-tier 3-stars. If you can champ them in time, great. If not, you won't use any of them outside of essential nodes so losing a cover or two really makes no difference. Those covers will come back around. Quicksilver and Hawkeye will be far more useful. Quicksilver in particular seems to be a go-to for a lot of bosses, as board control/manipulation becomes important in those fights. I like Hawkeye as well, though oddly enough my favorite teammates for him are in 4-star land (which means he holds his utility well).

Everyone has a bad spread on Howard. ;) Mine is 5/3/1. I wouldn't even keep him on my roster if I wasn't such a collection fanatic. I have no intention of ever champing him so I don't think twice about selling his dupe covers.

I think Chavez is a good choice as a 4-star Bonus Hero. They come few and far between but at 2/3/2 you have an even spread and no BH cover would go to waste. My own personal 'meta' (at least in PvE) has shifted away from G/G/M and more towards Chavez.

How has it been going with your recent 4-star champs? Have you been able to work in Rogue, Teen Jean, and Hulkbuster into your rotation of use?
  • ssbledsoe
    Dormammu said:
    Don't sell the farm or bend over backwards for Gamora, Ragnarok, Psylocke, or Colossus. They're all bottom-tier 3-stars. If you can champ them in time, great. If not, you won't use any of them outside of essential nodes so losing a cover or two really makes no difference. Those covers will come back around. Quicksilver and Hawkeye will be far more useful. Quicksilver in particular seems to be a go-to for a lot of bosses, as board control/manipulation becomes important in those fights. I like Hawkeye as well, though oddly enough my favorite teammates for him are in 4-star land (which means he holds his utility well).

Everyone has a bad spread on Howard. ;) Mine is 5/3/1. I wouldn't even keep him on my roster if I wasn't such a collection fanatic. I have no intention of ever champing him so I don't think twice about selling his dupe covers.

I think Chavez is a good choice as a 4-star Bonus Hero. They come few and far between but at 2/3/2 you have an even spread and no BH cover would go to waste. My own personal 'meta' (at least in PvE) has shifted away from G/G/M and more towards Chavez.

How has it been going with your recent 4-star champs? Have you been able to work in Rogue, Teen Jean, and Hulkbuster into your rotation of use?
    I'm a complete idiot, but having Colossus as my BH is a moron move.  I'll get the red Colossus cover I need to champ him at the end of DPvMPQ...  I just switched it over to Psylocke.  Luckily I haven't pulled any BH since the start of DPvMPQ, so I guess there's that.

I'm not really putting anything off by champing the 3*s as it stands.  I do have a handful of 4*s at 11 covers (Kingpin 4-4-3; RH 3-3-5; MEHulk 3-3-5; Yondu 5-4-2; Nico 4-5-2; Valkyrie 4-4-3; Jubilee 4-4-3); so in theory they'd be a BH, 120 CP, and ISO away from champing, but I'm not sure if any of them are worth delaying finishing off the 3*s or rechamping my 2* farm.  

Champing 3HE will be pretty easy once I get the covers on my vine squared away.  He's at 4-4-4, so all I need is 2 BH (and ISO) for him to generate an LT for me.  Quicksilver is in a much tighter spot at 5-5-2.  I'm certain that when I set him as BH, I'll get a number of covers before he gets his 3rd green cover.  

I really like Chavez.  She's one I just outright skip in PvP if she's matched up with a boosted 4* and a decently covered 5.  If you don't get her knocked out first, it's pretty much game over by the time she's throwing out criticals and doing passive damage.  I hope I can get her champed pretty quickly.

The recent 4 star champs are all great, but I'm just not a huge Hulkbuster fan.  One trick ponies just don't do it for me.  His damage is good, but not head and shoulders better than some of my other 4*s.  4BP can really just go Winfinite if you can get yellow off and then red.  If you can keep the yellow repeater out, it's pretty much autopilot.  He actually pairs really well with Teen Jean, and she is the GOAT at taking out SWitch teams.  Let that SWitch CD go off and then AOE damage and stuns for everyone.  I think Rogue is getting me less retals in PvP.  It feels like she is a deterrent in my few days using her.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hulkbuster belongs to a meta that was passed by some time ago but he can be very useful as he is quite often boosted for Boss events and can one-shot them through several rounds, so he will probably get use.