MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2018 Edition *Updated (5/30/18)

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    The PVP schedule appears to no longer be following the rule “run the longest-ago run PVP”.  Spidey ran 1/18, 3CM ran 2/8, and Doom is Spidey’s reward even though we had his PVP just a few weeks ago.

I guess we shouldn’t have figured out the pattern. I sold my 3CM, but the dupe is 215 already and I should be fine.

THIS!

This is INFURATING to me! When D3 folks were on Puzzle Warriors 3 a few weeks ago, the boyz were nice enough to ask my questions about this and the answer was not satisfactory. There seems to be a loose schedule for PVP, but when folks like Daredevil come up three times in a twelve month cycle and She-Hulk once, it makes no sense.

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't understand why the new characters don't just come pre-loaded with the 5* rewards (where applicable).  It seems like a bit of a ripoff for P4nther to take up a release spot when he was just released.  Very few people are going to even have him at the first cover anyway, so most players aren't losing out those "bonus" LTs or getting into a dupe situation.  But it delays the release of rewards from classics.  It's just slowing the process down to do it this way.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

They'd been pretty predictable recently.  Shulk aside who got skipped a few seasons ago, it's been following a nice pattern.  Makes for easy planning on the 3 star farm (one of the least exciting features of this game!)

Spidey is approx. 15 PVPs too early, or about a season and a half.  Cap Marvel looks to be next after Widow based on the placement rewards, she's 22 PVPs early or 2 seasons.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin said:
    I don't understand why the new characters don't just come pre-loaded with the 5* rewards (where applicable).  It seems like a bit of a ripoff for P4nther to take up a release spot when he was just released.  Very few people are going to even have him at the first cover anyway, so most players aren't losing out those "bonus" LTs or getting into a dupe situation.  But it delays the release of rewards from classics.  It's just slowing the process down to do it this way.
    This doesn’t specifically apply to the event previews, but:  4BP was announced as a feeder just two weeks after the prior feeder. So it didn’t delay a reward from a Classic 4 unless they wait for 4 weeks from him to the next one. But:  it looks suspiciously like Peggy will be a feeder soon.  Hopefully they are accelerating to a 2 week feeder schedule so that all 5’s have feeders in about 1 1/2 years instead of 3 years.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin said:

I don't understand why they don't realign the 3-star reward pool to better tie them to there 4-star counterparts.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Calnexin said:
    This seems like such a no-brainer.  And shouldn’t  stop adding of new feeders since there should be multiple 4’s feeding each 5 in the long run.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Something of interest in the 4* PVP rewards:  it has folllowed an alphabetical progression.  The last few were Lockjaw, Luke Cage, Medusa. 4BW breaks that for obvious reasons.  Then it jumps to Peggy???  Is she our next feeder?  Will they go back and finish the M’s and N’s later?
    Maybe they will run a Peggy themed PvP? Isn't she joining the Exiles soon?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    bluewolf said:
    Something of interest in the 4* PVP rewards:  it has folllowed an alphabetical progression.  The last few were Lockjaw, Luke Cage, Medusa. 4BW breaks that for obvious reasons.  Then it jumps to Peggy???  Is she our next feeder?  Will they go back and finish the M’s and N’s later?
    We may have a winner. The issue releases 5/9/18 in local comic book shops.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Quebbster said:
    bluewolf said:
    We may have a winner. The issue releases 5/9/18 in local comic book shops.
    If they are pushing Peggy we may see Unstable ISO as the next PvP after Thick As Thieves. The storyline heavily featured red ISO... Not sure if that means anything.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Bowgentle said:
    You seriously do NOTHING about IW?
    NOTHING?
    Excuse me, but under 20 people will be winning infinity stone supports.
    In a season filled with completely regular PVP, indeed.
    Cause who needs special events for the biggest Marvel movie in years, right.
    Let's see what they've done:
    1. run a Thanos themed alliance boss event (granted it is a rerun, but it is thematically appropriate)
    2. released a tie-in 5* Captain America, and are about to release a tie-in 4* Black Widow.  If the news articles are correct, there will be two more tie-in characters after that.
    3. added 10 new supports (although 6 are effectively unobtainable).
    4. are giving 6 free support tokens to everyone who plays daily.  Each of these tokens has a ~ 50% chance of one of the new Children of Thanos supports, so most active players will get at least one without spending anything.

You might wish they'd done more, but it certainly isn't nothing.  It's not that different to what they released to coincide with Avengers 2.

Ok. Let’s talk about this. 

1. Biggest movie of all time for MCU and maybe the biggest movie of all time.  Let’s re run a boss event with nothing new that is in the movie.  Didn’t add in The Black Order or anything new.  Just a re run. Yawn. 

2. Adding 2-3-4-5 new characters is NOT a tie in that a lot of us are looking for.  This is a given, almost a mandate for this to happen from Marvel.  So this is not surprising at all. 

3. Supports. I don’t even want to go down this rabbit hole but I will say it was cool to bring The Black Order to the game.  Bad thing is they will never be playable characters now.  

4.  Yes. Free tokens in a 300 item vault with 171 2*.  Maybe we should complain about the free tokens but that vault was terrible. 

Yoor last point is off.  We had a BRAND NEW boss event, Ultron.  In fact, I remember when their was a 2nd page for this event that had many different Ultron Bosses you had to beat too.  
    Civil War had a new boss event. 
    Spiderman had a new boss event.  
    Guardians of the Galaxy had a new boss event. 
    Doctor Strange had a new PVE event. 
    Black Panther had a new PVE event. 
    Guardians of the Galaxy has a new PVE event.  
    Ant-Man has Growth Industries. 
    I know I am missing some, but it still comes to the same point. 

Biggest movie EVER in MCU had.........Nothing new.  

This is just sad and lazy. 

I'll add that Number 2 is something they do every two weeks anyway. Yes, they are tie-ins to the movie, but we would still be getting new content in the form of new character releases either way.

The rockett: jamesh was was specifically referring to 6 Support tokens being given out this week by Number 4, not the tokens to the vault we were getting earlier.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    The PVP schedule appears to no longer be following the rule “run the longest-ago run PVP”.  Spidey ran 1/18, 3CM ran 2/8, and Doom is Spidey’s reward even though we had his PVP just a few weeks ago.

I guess we shouldn’t have figured out the pattern. I sold my 3CM, but the dupe is 215 already and I should be fine.

THIS!

This is INFURATING to me! When D3 folks were on Puzzle Warriors 3 a few weeks ago, the boyz were nice enough to ask my questions about this and the answer was not satisfactory. There seems to be a loose schedule for PVP, but when folks like Daredevil come up three times in a twelve month cycle and She-Hulk once, it makes no sense.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69136/featured-3-character-pvp-event-dates#latest

Since we’ve been keeping track, hardly any big surprises came up actually... besides She-Hulk, but she had her rewards (double even if i recollect correct a couple off season ago) and its for sure not a pvp I look forward either...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Bowgentle said:
    NOTHING?
    1. run a Thanos themed alliance boss event (granted it is a rerun, but it is thematically appropriate)
    2. released a tie-in 5* Captain America, and are about to release a tie-in 4* Black Widow.  If the news articles are correct, there will be two more tie-in characters after that.
    4. are giving 6 free support tokens to everyone who plays daily.  Each of these tokens has a ~ 50% chance of one of the new Children of Thanos supports, so most active players will get at least one without spending anything.

You might wish they'd done more, but it certainly isn't nothing.  It's not that different to what they released to coincide with Avengers 2.

1. Biggest movie of all time for MCU and maybe the biggest movie of all time.  Let’s re run a boss event with nothing new that is in the movie.  Didn’t add in The Black Order or anything new.  Just a re run. Yawn. 

2. Adding 2-3-4-5 new characters is NOT a tie in that a lot of us are looking for.  This is a given, almost a mandate for this to happen from Marvel.  So this is not surprising at all. 

3. Supports. I don’t even want to go down this rabbit hole but I will say it was cool to bring The Black Order to the game.  Bad thing is they will never be playable characters now.  

4.  Yes. Free tokens in a 300 item vault with 171 2*.  Maybe we should complain about the free tokens but that vault was terrible. 

Yoor last point is off.  We had a BRAND NEW boss event, Ultron.  In fact, I remember when their was a 2nd page for this event that had many different Ultron Bosses you had to beat too.  

I agree  that the 300 item vault was unappealing, but I was referring to the free tokens  they've been giving out after the vault closed: so far, four beginner support tokens, and two advanced support tokens.  I've got two of the Black Order so far, and am interested to see what I get from the remaining two tokens.

As far as adding new features to the game, can we consider the whole supports system as being tied into the movie release?  It came out a few weeks early, but seems to have been a trial for what they were planning for IW.

I know it turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, but that doesn't cancel it out as effort by the developers.  I do wonder how the feature went in play testing before the accountants clamped down on the supply.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    jamesh said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Bowgentle said:
    NOTHING?

I agree  that the 300 item vault was unappealing, but I was referring to the free tokens  they've been giving out after the vault closed: so far, four beginner support tokens, and two advanced support tokens.  I've got two of the Black Order so far, and am interested to see what I get from the remaining two tokens.

As far as adding new features to the game, can we consider the whole supports system as being tied into the movie release?  It came out a few weeks early, but seems to have been a trial for what they were planning for IW.

I know it turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, but that doesn't cancel it out as effort by the developers.  I do wonder how the feature went in play testing before the accountants clamped down on the supply.
    Yes I now get the tokens you were talking about.  As for supports tied into IW, in my mind, they might think this is the case but the players I play with and people on the forums and LINE sure don’t think so. There was so much they could have done and didn’t do. That is what is depressing. Such a great opportunity and they missed, not in a small way either.  While I have said many times I think the idea of supports are cool and like the idea, it is the execution of said idea is the fault for me. I do not discount the time, money, energy and resource that the team put into this feature at all. It just fell flat.  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    They could have done some things that didn't require brand new PvE's.

Given every player a loaner Infinity Stone Support for one boost list during Infinity War to try out in PvE.

Had a twist on Crash of the Mad Titan and the Days of Christmas where each day Thanos is boss but has a different support attached to boost him whether it is Black Order or IS. Win fabulous (or even average) prizes.

Double Red ISO.

Free Hot Dogs!
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    jamesh said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Bowgentle said:
    NOTHING?

To go back just a smidge, running of a boss event as a tie in means even less these days, since they are running them once a month now.  They get zero credit for that, because they would have run a boss event, movie or not. Same as with the characters, they barely get any credit for that, since they release characters all the time, regardless.

As to your point about supports being tied to the movie: i have to disagree again. Same as with running the boss event and releasing new characters, supports were going ro happen anyways.

Pretty much every spring they revamp or adjust the game.  Ddq, champing, ddq additional nodes, etc.  As has been pointed out in this thread and numerous others, the difference is that these do not impact the game very much, and are terribly difficult to acquire.  All at the cost of no other significant update to the game or characters.

Had they rolled out supports as an add on while rebalancing characters and still putting out some new additions (revamp ddq again?  Hoping for something around dp2 to tie it in, but the lack of IW tie in has crushed that hope), i would have still been upset at the availability, but accepted in the context of everything else.  As it is, there is no "everything else."
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I forget -- who are we fighting against in Thick as Thieves?
  • jamesh
    edited May 2018
    I guess that explains why we've got Peggy Carter coming up as placement awards and then progression for both story and versus: there's an in-game news post advertising the Exiles issue featuring her.

I wonder if it is going to be a 4* versus tournament after Black Widow, or if she'll just be a progression award in Captain Marvel's tournament?
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    I guess that explains why we've got Peggy Carter coming up as placement awards and then progression for both story and versus: there's an in-game news post advertising the Exiles issue featuring her.

I wonder if it is going to be a 4* versus tournament after Black Widow, or if she'll just be a progression award in Captain Marvel's tournament?
    And probably becoming feeder for CWCap on thursday...
  • jamesh
    And on the same note, what's are the chances that Thick as Thieves will be followed by Unstable Iso-8? (I think that's the one they updated the story for to add Peggy?)