Support transformation counts as "casting?" [Fixed in 2.7]

Options
Gunmix25
Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
When I was playing the EC event in the black/white node I noticed I failed to cast two or less supports. The problem is that I did only cast two supports and checked the battleog to verify it. What I didn't realize is that when a support transforms it acts as a casting. Why is that? Because the support was destroyed?

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Older transformed cards count as the _same_ card as it moves through zones but the Ixalan/Rivals lands are destroyed and the other side recast instead.
    It messes up the interactions with a lot of things including Nyx and Angraths 3rd.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, I hate that they programmed these supports in this manner.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I took a look in the database, and it would appear that this bug is fixed in the upcoming 2.7 build. Supports transforming will no longer increase the objective tracker.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby maybe it is also a good idea for event with "cast x or less of somethig" objectives to give player the opportunity to prohibit casting things at choice, like some spells (days undoing) but other spell not (behold from beyond). It's not amusing to cascade into an objective loss.

But don't change it only for such events, or this game would be way more time consuming.