Who to champ? New Player here

InfinityTh4nos
InfinityTh4nos Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
Just got my Vulture, one of my favorites in this game, to 13 covers and have a 14th on the vine with over 13d left, but I also have many 3* & some 2* covers with at least 9 days left. Currently I have 0x 4*,13x 3*, and just started re-champing my 2* farm. Full roster info: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/InfinityTh4nos/

Here is what I'm working with:
4* vulture - 13 covers lvl 70 w/ 1 on vine
3* human torch - 13 covers lvl 40 w/ 6 on vine
3* punisher - 13 covers lvl 40 w/ 1 on vine
3* doc oc - 12 covers lvl 40 w/ 1 on vine
3* iron fist - 12 covers lvl 40 w/ 1 on vine
3* star lord - 12 covers lvl 40 w/ 1 on vine
2* cap - 13 covers lvl 15 w/ 3 on vine

Currenlty sitting on 25 CP and 79K iso with only only 260 points left to shield rank 61 (27.5k iso reward). Always in top 50 of Level 7 PVE so I get a decent amount of resources per event. Also play pvp, especially lighting rounds for easy iso rewards.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vulture is a no brainer. Not only will he play well with your 3* rosters green and blue AP users but he can win PvP fights on his own with a bit of in fight management. However, that is a hell of a lot of iso needed to take him to 270 from 74. So it depends on whether you feel you can generate it.

Iron Fist is the next best character and would ironically go perfectly with your Vulture!

Otherwise depending on how you feel about resource management, Human Torch with 6 covers will feed you back 2500 ISO, 50HP and an LT, so nothing to sniff at. Torch is OK, his red is pretty cheap and does OK damage.

The rest are a bit meh.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards

9 days? It'll be close. You may be able to do both.
  • InfinityTh4nos
    Dormammu said:

9 days? It'll be close. You may be able to do both.
    luckily the 1st torch cover that is expiring isn't till over 11 days from now, should be able to do it I guess.
  • InfinityTh4nos
    DAZ0273 said:
    Vulture is a no brainer. Not only will he play well with your 3* rosters green and blue AP users but he can win PvP fights on his own with a bit of in fight management. However, that is a hell of a lot of iso needed to take him to 270 from 74. So it depends on whether you feel you can generate it.

Iron Fist is the next best character and would ironically go perfectly with your Vulture!

Otherwise depending on how you feel about resource management, Human Torch with 6 covers will feed you back 2500 ISO, 50HP and an LT, so nothing to sniff at. Torch is OK, his red is pretty cheap and does OK damage.

The rest are a bit meh.

I'll definitely do Vulture and Torch then. Feel bad about the iron fist cover, but may have to sell it before it expires.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who is your bonus hero? It would probably be possible to get another Iron Fist cover in order to champ him if he is your only bonus hero... But it's probably more sensible to save the Human Torch covers at the moment.
    For the record, champing a fourstar costs aroun 375 000 ISO, so about the cost of three three-star champions. You will need to collect half a million ISO to champ Vulture and one three-star... but if you fall short you could always champ more three-stars instead.
    Also, are you getting intercepts? IT's quite worth buying a Bugle Pittance every month just to get them, it really speeds up everything.
  • Dormammu
    Quebbster said:
    Also, are you getting intercepts? IT's quite worth buying a Bugle Pittance every month just to get them, it really speeds up everything.
    This right here is good advice. I would guess intercepts double my ISO income from PvE.
  • InfinityTh4nos
    Quebbster said:
    Who is your bonus hero? It would probably be possible to get another Iron Fist cover in order to champ him if he is your only bonus hero... But it's probably more sensible to save the Human Torch covers at the moment.
    For the record, champing a fourstar costs aroun 375 000 ISO, so about the cost of three three-star champions. You will need to collect half a million ISO to champ Vulture and one three-star... but if you fall short you could always champ more three-stars instead.
    I had Iron fist as my BH and got unlucky with the cover that made him 4/6/3. Yes i do get intercepts as I've been renewing my VIP status.
  • DavidAmaquelin
    DavidAmaquelin Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    In this forum I have read many times that having a 4* champed without a good bunch of 3* stars champed is a mistake for your game experience. I saw your roster.I know is not a good deal to lose a 4* cover but sometimes is better to do it.You should focus on improve your 3* tier or you will see how PvP becomes a hell.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    In this forum I have read many times that having a 4* champed without a good bunch of 3* stars champed is a mistake for your game experience. I saw your roster.I know is not a good deal to lose a 4* cover but sometimes is better to do it.You should focus on improve your 3* tier or you will see how PvP becomes a hell.
    He already has several 5* on his roster at 255, so one champ 4 isn't going to make much difference and as it is Vulture might even be an advantage.
  • Dormammu
    Yeah, it might be a bad idea if the 4-star was say... Electra. Vulture can only help.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, Vulture is probably one of the best fourstars to start the transition with. Who cares if he tanks a lot when he will spend most of his time Airborne generating AP?
  • InfinityTh4nos
    Update- currently sitting on 229k iso having already champed my 2* cap, and now sitting on 8 covers of 3* torch. Don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to get vulture, 3* torch, and even 3* iron fist done before the time is up from the covers on the vine. 

Thanks for all your input!