4* Moon Rider vs. X-23

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed Moon Rider, slow board, deny green and black. Took one Holding Back, retorted with a Moonsilver Blades. Two matches later she's down. Near full health left. LT got me fourth JJ. Nice!

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got it after about 5 tries with my 1/4/4 level 152 Moon Knight.  For the winning attempt, I managed to collect enough black and green to cast Fist of Khonshu and Moonsilver Blades twice each to finish the match.  I fired all the abilities in one turn to counter X-23's healing.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought we had got a new character from the title until I realised you meant Moon Knight, lol!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
     Got it first try, no boosts, with my 5/3/5 Level 273 Moon Knight.

She was able to match one of her colors on just about every move, which essentially negated the matches I'd been making. She hit a cascade with purple and fired Tracking Prey, and wouldn't you know it, she matched the trap as soon as she'd set it.

That was my only sticking point. Shortly after, I hit 12 green and her health was just below the threshold I needed to take her out in one shot, though I had gotten enough black AP I could have finished her had green not quite been enough. 

Finished in the low to mid 4000s HP left, token to the hoard I'll be opening Sunday. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    2/5/5, level 180. It took me two tries, because on my first attempt the board would just not give me any green. On my second, despite red dropping every time she needed a heal, I managed to hit her with a 1-2 green-black punch to take her down, after a few attack tiles whittled her down.

Token to my hoard, since I just wiped out my ISO stash promoting Kate to champion today. 
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    5/2/5 lvl 200. Got it in one. Fast favorable board for me with plenty of crits and cascades. Hit Laura once with a fist then the baterang... er I mean moonsilvers and X-23 goes down.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    2/2/5 level 155. No boosts, first go. Lost the race to green and ate one holding back. Thought it would be over once she put a trap out, but I landed a very lucky and colorful cascade enabling a Fist/Blades double feature to end the match.

Blade champ level.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I felt a bit gypped on this one, I bought the H4H cover to bring my MK up to 4/3/5 lvl229, I decided to use green AP boosts because I don't have a lot of experience using him, and...

...the opening screen had 2 green match-5s that totaled 13AP BEFORE the AP I came in with. I fired off Moonsilver Blades after my second match and finished her before she ever got a turn.

Token got me a 5* GR (yay!) black cover (boo!) to make him a 0/2/3.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Got lucky with my 1/2/5 lvl 120 Moon Knight and completed this in one try. Used AP boosts and collected enough AP to double fired his green to take her out. Token to the hoard. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    First go, no boosts and had 13k health left for my 5/3/5 lvl 271 Moon Knight. I love that guy.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    2/2/4 Lvl168. Ironically, I would have managed it first try if I had used boosts, but I pretty much never do on the first go, because I'm getting a feel for the fight more than anything. I was one green short of a match-ending Moonsilver Blades when she fired her purple and immediately matched it, downing me.

A couple of bad boards where she whittled me down while her healing kept her going, and then on the 5th try, I managed to pull together enough AP for a Moonsilver Blades followed by three Fists of Khonshu for the win.

For others with an under-covered MK, the big takeaway I got from this is that you can't nickle and dime her, even if you do get a bunch of Attack tiles or something. Her healing is too strong for that approach. Save up your AP until you can drop her in one turn.

Token waiting for Cap on Monday.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    First go with 4/3/5 lvl 229 Moon Knight - as per others, saved up green and black until I could fire both in the one turn.

Token was an archangel blue to be 1/3/1

Not long after the fight, I also got a black moon knight cover so now he is fully covered 5/3/5
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    3/0/5 because the game hates me. Or loves me. Depends on how you look at it.
    Level 152

Could have done it the first but every green fall was her's to take. Boosted the AP, stacked black and green until I had enough to one shot her. Just a slow fight, really. Could be painful without Moonsilver Blade levels.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Easy win for a lv 278 5/3/5 MK.  Just make matches until I can fire off a green and black.  Smacked her with a blade then knocked her lights out.  Even with that level MK, you don't want to fire off special attacks until they down here all in 1 turn

LT hoarded for CA
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Level 127 2/2/2 on about my 15th try. Boosted ap in green/black.  Needed to hoard ap until I could fire black 3 times (27 ap), and green 2x (24 ap)on same turn while avoiding her purple trap.  I kept trying because I kept getting close. I was 1 ap short three different times.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Moon Knight. Deny green. Use green. 130th LT to the hoard.