Black Widow (Infinity War) (5/1/18)

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    I believe we've seen instances in the past where AP destruction abilities targeted pools with no AP in it, and in those cases they were considered bugs and/or unintended design. Based on that history, I would presume that Black Widow's ability will instead only randomly select one of the enemy pools that contains AP, and ignore any that don't.
    Thanks Brigby I actually didn't realize that was unintended design in the past! Also, RE: her yellow, do you know if "ally powers cost 3 less AP to fire" include her powers, or only her teammate's powers?
    Keep in mind though, I'm not a developer, so it might be better to get final confirmation of that from them. Having said that though, I did a bit of testing with her, and so far it seems like she does in fact only target AP pools that has some amount of AP in it.

I can also confirm that her Brush Pass ability does reduce her own powers, as well.
    Wonderful, this is good news as it makes her a more viable character. I appreciate the extra attention in testing her for us!
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I learned the hard way in the loaner node in the Shield Training that by herself she is horrible, but as a support character she's not bad. Got stuck on a stalemate with Daken with only Widow alive and had to retreat and try it again since I spent half and hour trying to get his health down only for him to heal again. I had full health the whole time because of the Yellow power and Invisibility, but her powers were too weak to win. Her powers don't cause too much damage. Her invisibility is good, but against healers you can't just stay invisible.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    I learned the hard way in the loaner node in the Shield Training that by herself she is horrible, but as a support character she's not bad.
    Yeah, she didn't impress me either, but I'll wait to label her as rubbish until I play more than one match with her. I was lucky and had a blue-filled board so I just had Yondu whistle everyone to death.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Does her yellow stack with starlord @Brigby
    to reduce AP costs?  Or only one works at a time?

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    Shintok17 said:
    I learned the hard way in the loaner node in the Shield Training that by herself she is horrible, but as a support character she's not bad.
    Yeah, she didn't impress me either, but I'll wait to label her as rubbish until I play more than one match with her. I was lucky and had a blue-filled board so I just had Yondu whistle everyone to death.
    My second try I did the same with Yondu. Just like any other 4* you don't see the potential or value until you have 13 covers and champ them.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Does her yellow stack with starlord Brigby
    Star-Lord's Everyone with Me does in fact stack with Black Widow's Brush Pass!

With both Countdown tiles out, I was able to get her Black/Purple/Yellow down to 6/3/6 AP cost, and Star-Lord's Purple/Red down to 6/4 AP cost, respectively.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Thanks, that’s a nice use
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    Shintok17 said:
    I learned the hard way in the loaner node in the Shield Training that by herself she is horrible, but as a support character she's not bad. Got stuck on a stalemate with Daken with only Widow alive and had to retreat and try it again since I spent half and hour trying to get his health down only for him to heal again. I had full health the whole time because of the Yellow power and Invisibility, but her powers were too weak to win. Her powers don't cause too much damage. Her invisibility is good, but against healers you can't just stay invisible.
    @ Shintok17 - No retreat no surrender...If you find yourself in a similar situation with Daken in the future, choke him out by matching all blue.

Regarding 4Widow, She could truly become annoying with her purple "Howard" invisibility. Comparisons to Invisible Woman have been made, but she seems more like 4Prof in utility albeit less squishy and more prone to removing enemy assets. We would likely cover 5-4-4 taking and extended Brush Pass with two less invisibility tiles (removal remains the same) because of cost and minimal damage with Enfilade. This allows her to keep to more of the support role and keeping her annoying in PVP with characters tanking her colors.

The Shield loner team-up was ideal in that it uncovered an ability limitation. During combat, we attempted to take full strategic advantage of Brush Pass to cheapen the cost of Centaurian. It was then that we realized ole 4Brock had covered all existing yellow tiles with enemy protects, thus unintentionally preventing 4Widow from placing the Brush Pass countdown. We received the burst heal with no added benefit of AP cost reduction.

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Does her yellow stack with starlord Brigby
    Star-Lord's Everyone with Me does in fact stack with Black Widow's Brush Pass!

With both Countdown tiles out, I was able to get her Black/Purple/Yellow down to 6/3/6 AP cost, and Star-Lord's Purple/Red down to 6/4 AP cost, respectively.
    The more important question is with the stack are the powers still caped at 3, for example Draken's blue with Starlord and 4BW should cost 0 which mean you can cast it forever.  We are debating this on a different thread.  I am fairly certain powers do not go below 3 even with a stack you can see how this would be an issue on any power that costs 5 ap.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    rocks52 said:
    So is Romanoff the first person to have an iteration at all 5 tiers?
    I guess that depends on if you count kate Bishop as "4* hawkeye" or not. 
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    edited May 2018
    rocks52 said:
    No one wants to say Spiderman.... Ah Bagman... Suppose thats if you are just talking about Peter Parker...then again there is an Iron Spider about
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited May 2018
    rocks52 said:
    No one wants to say Spiderman.... Ah Bagman...
    there is no 4* peter Parker, just like 3 other non-parker spider-persons at the 4* tier. I guess having two 5* peter parkers may count for something there though?
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    Perhaps rectified with the shiny Iron Spider in the new game version intro ;)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Isn't that aligned with the next 5*?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    Vhailorx said:

... but up stuns are meh. Would much rather have a nap stun like ice, gamora, or (sort of) nova.  ...  
    Sorry, but what are you talking about? What is an "up stun" [8ap stun] and what is a "nap stun [6ap stun]?"
    Typos fixed.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's very underwhelming, even as a support character.  Unless she's required, I am not sure when I would use her over any of the "newer" support characters: Jubilee, Valkyrie, Shuri, Rogue, Mockingbird all make better support characters. Just not sure what the intent was of her other then Marvel wanted her so they quickly came up with something without much thought.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Defilade - 7 purpletilepng AP
    When things start to look dicey, Black Widow hacks the enemy's surveillance system to keep herself out of sight and the line of fire. Black Widow creates 4 Invisibility tile(s). While Black Widow's Invisibility tile(s) are on the board, this power becomes Enfilade.
    @Brigby: Are the invisibility tiles for this random colours, or limited to the purple tiles on the board?
    Answering myself, the SHIELD training loaner node seems to show that the invisibility tiles only fall on purple tiles.  I guess it is an unspoken restriction.
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    jamesh said:
    Defilade - 7 purpletilepng AP
    When things start to look dicey, Black Widow hacks the enemy's surveillance system to keep herself out of sight and the line of fire. Black Widow creates 4 Invisibility tile(s). While Black Widow's Invisibility tile(s) are on the board, this power becomes Enfilade.
    @Brigby: Are the invisibility tiles for this random colours, or limited to the purple tiles on the board?
    Only purple I believe.
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    So this new Widow can
    Stun like *
    Steal AP like * & **
    Heal like **
    Invisible (New)

i’m Unfamiliar with *****
    is there any similar skills?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* stuns, destroys or steals AP, and destroys enemy specials (but it’s a list, not just all of them).  Note that the 4* destroys AP only.