Blonde Widow + St4r-Lord + 3* Iron Fist = True Winfinite

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
edited May 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Collect at least 7 8 yellow AP, then wait for AI to fire a power and activate Star-Lord's Everyone With Me.
Blonde Widow's Brush Pass now costs 7 8 yellow AP, while Iron Fist's Iron Fist of K'un-Lun now costs just 3 AP.*
Cast Blonde Widow's Brush Pass targeting Iron Fist.**
Iron Fist's Iron Fist of K'un-Lun is reduced by 3 AP to 0 AP.
Spam Iron Fist of K'un-Lun until all opponents are dead.

* Everyone With Me must be at 5 covers to reduce cost of Purple powers by 2.
** From the power description I'm not sure if only the ally target of Brush Pass has their power costs reduced by 3 AP, or if all ally powers are reduced by 3.

Tagged:

Comments

• JSP869
    Correct. This is pure speculation at the moment because we cannot see Blonde Widow's covers, so my theorycrafting is based entirely on the information in the News post and not from anything in-game. 

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards

They will never allow a 0AP ability.. I think at one point there was a 1 or 2AP in the very early days but nonetheless the minimum will likely be 3AP

I am assuming everyone will run her with Shuri

• JSP869

They will never allow a 0AP ability.. I think at one point there was a 1 or 2AP in the very early days but nonetheless the minimum will likely be 3AP

If they're not going to allow power costs to be reduced to 0 AP, they're going to need to make sure the descriptions for powers that do reduce AP costs state the minimum cost.

This is really just a heads up to D3 that this IS something they need to take care of if they haven't done so already.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    I am fairly sure all powers are capped at 3 regardless of the ap reductions caused by other powers, but great idea and it still a very solid combo.  And if the are not they soon will be :)

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah, there were a few 2 AP abilities early on but they all got reworked. Spider-Man's stun could drop to 2 AP, as could Ragnarok and Magneto's red abilities (who did other things then, not sure why I mention the color).
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    Collect at least 7 yellow AP, then wait for AI to fire a power and activate Star-Lord's Everyone With Me.
    Blonde Widow's Brush Pass now costs 7 yellow AP, while Iron Fist's Iron Fist of K'un-Lun now costs just 3 AP.*
    Cast Blonde Widow's Brush Pass targeting Iron Fist.**
    Iron Fist's Iron Fist of K'un-Lun is reduced by 3 AP to 0 AP.
    Spam Iron Fist of K'un-Lun until all opponents are dead.

* Everyone With Me must be at 5 covers to reduce cost of Purple powers by 2.
    ** From the power description I'm not sure if only the ally target of Brush Pass has their power costs reduced by 3 AP, or if all ally powers are reduced by 3.

Nice combo if it works...and if the opponent's Dr Strange doesn't take down Iron Fist first. :)  As stated above, I think they'd have a "minimum of 3 AP" caveat to this ability, just like Shuri's blue.

From the description of her yellow power, it sounds like the targeted character is the only one who gets the burst of health, but the entire team benefits from the AP reduction.  *shrug*  We shall see.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Widow is now visible in game in the Strange Sights rewards preview.  There is nothing in the description mentioning minimum power costs.  It also sounds like the targeting is only for the burst heal, with the countdown reducing the entire team's ability costs.

Also, won't you need at least 8 yellow AP to start this?  Star Lord reduces the team's ability costs by 2 AP from the power's original 10 yellow AP.  It's BW's power than gives the 3 AP reduction.

I guess the other thing to check would be to see if the AP reduction abilities actually stack so you don't just end up with the higher of the two reductions.  Do Star Lord and Shuri's abilities stack, for instance?
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    I think this was addressed in Shuri's page when she came out they do stack but cap a 3, a bunch of us were really excited that you could have some 0 costing powers then two that was quickly snuffed out :)
  • JSP869
    jamesh said:
    Black Widow is now visible in game in the Strange Sights rewards preview.  There is nothing in the description mentioning minimum power costs.  It also sounds like the targeting is only for the burst heal, with the countdown reducing the entire team's ability costs.

Also, won't you need at least 8 yellow AP to start this?  Star Lord reduces the team's ability costs by 2 AP from the power's original 10 yellow AP.  It's BW's power than gives the 3 AP reduction.

I guess the other thing to check would be to see if the AP reduction abilities actually stack so you don't just end up with the higher of the two reductions.  Do Star Lord and Shuri's abilities stack, for instance?
    Thank you, yes, 8 yellow AP. I've fixed that now.

I would argue (but it doesn't mean I'd be correct ;) that the AP reduction abilities should stack and that the cost of IF's Iron Fist of k'un-Lun should be reduced to 0 AP because:
    1) there's nothing that says the effects of Everyone with Me or Brush Pass cannot be combined with other, similar powers, and;
    2) unlike some powers that have a disclaimer that their cost cannot be reduced below a certain level, (Venom's Symbiotic Fury for example) neither Everyone with Me nor Brush Pass contain any such language.

What I found interesting in SHIELD Training's loaner node was that if you have 6 Protect Tiles on the board then cast Brush Pass, it does not reduce the cost of Symbiotic Fury below 7 AP.

If there is apparently a hard minimum cost to all powers and that is 3 AP, then Brush Pass, Everyone with Me, etc. should all be updated to state as such, because as their powers currently read this should be a valid trio/tactic, and the only reason it may not work is because of this unwritten rule.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @JSP869 While it's certainly a creative combination, I'm afraid that after a bit of testing, Iron Fist of K'un-Lun does in fact have a minimum of 3 AP cost and will not drop down to 0.
  • JSP869
    Brigby said:
    @JSP869 While it's certainly a creative combination, I'm afraid that after a bit of testing, Iron Fist of K'un-Lun does in fact have a minimum of 3 AP cost and will not drop down to 0.
    Thanks, Brigby. I know. It would be nice if the 3 AP floor could be referenced in game, perhaps by adding text to powers such as Everyone with MeBrush Pass, etc., and state that the cost cannot be reduced below 3 AP. I know there's a lot to fix with the game so the Devs are always very busy, and this would really just be a 'quality of life' improvement so it's priority would be very low on the To Do list.