**** Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) **** Updated (1/10/19)

Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Its not a bug they've always behaved that way. The fortification only protects it from being matched once any powers which directly affect the status still work...such as

Yelena
    Quake blue
    Kingpin black
    Xfw black

When fortification was first introduced with goblin the first thing I did was test quake blue against it and presto it removed the status but left the fortification

Is that right? I just tested quake and the imaginaut tile survives her resonance frequency. Fortification protects it from destruction, so quake and Xforce would also not erase it. Drax and Kingpin would erase the countdown, but the tile would still be fortified. Thats for friendly tiles tho. I imagine Spiderwoman's purple would do the same for enemy tiles, as would jean grey. How do his fortified protect tiles stand up to ant man small time crooks?

Also, if you make a match 5 with his swapped fortified tile, that tile turns into the crit tile, so you lose the protect.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat wrote:
    Its not a bug they've always behaved that way. The fortification only protects it from being matched once any powers which directly affect the status still work...such as

Yelena
    Quake blue
    Kingpin black
    Xfw black

When fortification was first introduced with goblin the first thing I did was test quake blue against it and presto it removed the status but left the fortification

Is that right? I just tested quake and the imaginaut tile survives her resonance frequency. Fortification protects it from destruction, so quake and Xforce would also not erase it. Drax and Kingpin would erase the countdown, but the tile would still be fortified. Thats for friendly tiles tho. I imagine Spiderwoman's purple would do the same for enemy tiles, as would jean grey. How do his fortified protect tiles stand up to ant man small time crooks?

Also, if you make a match 5 with his swapped fortified tile, that tile turns into the crit tile, so you lose the protect.

This is most definitely new!

I know because I've been using quake to pop goblin fortified CD tiles for 3 seasons now so I know for a fact it did not always behave the way you're describing. I wonder if this is a stealth buff to fortify. Admittedly I have not seen goblin in SIM this season so that may be why I've not noticed, but I am 100% sure that this is new.

Edit: just tested how steal affects fortified...you can steal a fortified special tile.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Well, *I* am 110% sure you mixed up Quake's blue with the likes of teen Jean's or Spider-Woman's purple powers. Or alternatively, there were some bugs. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    But seriously now, as mentioned, Quake's blue or Wolvie's black powers destroy tiles, same as matching tiles destroys tiles. And fortifying protects a tile (one time) from being destroyed - whether directly by an ability or by being a part of a match. Plus this is the first I've seen mentioned Quake doing something like what you described.
  • OneLastGambit
    Kolence wrote:
    Well, *I* am 110% sure you mixed up Quake's blue with the likes of teen Jean's or Spider-Woman's purple powers. Or alternatively, there were some bugs. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    But seriously now, as mentioned, Quake's blue or Wolvie's black powers destroy tiles, same as matching tiles destroys tiles. And fortifying protects a tile (one time) from being destroyed - whether directly by an ability or by being a part of a match. Plus this is the first I've seen mentioned Quake doing something like what you described.

I'm gonna go with bugs since a: it's pretty common in this game and B: it means I'm not delusional
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    In the current PvE (Heroic Juggernaut) I'm running a team of Reed, Jean, and Powerman, since they are all boosted.

There's also some pretty nice synergy, including full rainbow coverage with no overlap on active powers - this was probably the first reason I put them together. Then I realised that Reed puts out Fortified tiles, which help increase the damage on Cage's Yellow; all of them can create special tiles, which will activate Reed's Passive if matched by the enemy; there's plenty of reason to match Red, Yellow, Green when Imaginaut is out; and Jean can clear enemy special tiles, which increases the damage on Cage's Red (if anyone survives her Purple).

It can be a little slow to start; ideally, you want a few special tiles on the board before you start casting Cage's yellow. Goon nodes are a bit faster, since they've usually cast a few abilities early, which has caused Cage's Passive to generate some Protect tiles.
  • OneLastGambit
    In the current PvE (Heroic Juggernaut) I'm running a team of Reed, Jean, and Powerman, since they are all boosted.

There's also some pretty nice synergy, including full rainbow coverage with no overlap on active powers - this was probably the first reason I put them together. Then I realised that Reed puts out Fortified tiles, which help increase the damage on Cage's Yellow; all of them can create special tiles, which will activate Reed's Passive if matched by the enemy; there's plenty of reason to match Red, Yellow, Green when Imaginaut is out; and Jean can clear enemy special tiles, which increases the damage on Cage's Red (if anyone survives her Purple).

It can be a little slow to start; ideally, you want a few special tiles on the board before you start casting Cage's yellow. Goon nodes are a bit faster, since they've usually cast a few abilities early, which has caused Cage's Passive to generate some Protect tiles.

I preferred Reed/Cage/Thing mostly because it means matching red,yellow and green (for imaginaut damage) also powers thing and cage. Reed has a great stun and fortifies with 2 abilities (use blue then black then cage yellow and pretty much anyone is dead in one shot) Also it meant AI matching my specials fed Thing really really quickly. Also prefer Thing Red to Cage red
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    I preferred Reed/Cage/Thing mostly because it means matching red,yellow and green (for imaginaut damage) also powers thing and cage. Reed has a great stun and fortifies with 2 abilities (use blue then black then cage yellow and pretty much anyone is dead in one shot) Also it meant AI matching my specials fed Thing really really quickly. Also prefer Thing Red to Cage red

Ah. All good points. Getting the FF teammate bonus on Reed's passive is a nice improvement. And the double stun potential means you really should be able to stay on top of most matches.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Imaginaut doesn’t stack the damage if you cast two of them. You only get damage for one of them. 

Intentional or bug? 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Elektra’s Ballet of Death stacks the damage but not the AP steal. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kraven's trap tile doesn't stack either, basically the same situation as Ballet of Death
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just had a really fun use of Mr F's Flexibility.  The AI's Mockingbird had two fortified red bombshell tokens, separated by another colored tile.  Use the Flexibility to throw a red fortified shield tile between them.  They match ones to get rid of the Fortification, and once more to get rid of all three tiles.  Saved my team a huge amount of damage, and stunned her to boot. :)
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Champed Mr. F yesterday :smile: what’s his best build, and who does he team well with?

Also, isn’t his first power called Flexibility @Brigby?
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Champed Mr. F yesterday :smile: what’s his best build, and who does he team well with?

Also, isn’t his first power called Flexibility @Brigby?
    Most run Mr. F at 5/3/5.  Since black is his only damaging power, it's often good to default him at this build. Sometimes though, you may want to spec his yellow up to 5 if you will be able to take advantage of his passive in a big way (like pairing with Carnage for example).

At first I wasn't sure that you were tagging Brigby to ask him to make a post edit on his blue power description. Because as stated, he could have just replied, 'yes' and moved along haha.  
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    I concurr with the 5/3/5 build, yellow is not good enough to lower either blue or black.

Maybe if you were running him with 1 more member of the FF4 (lets be realistic, you'd only run Invisible Woman with him) but even there, its not a very reliable power as it it only when the enemy matches your specials it activates. Cant count on that to happen.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Also, isn’t his first power called Flexibility Brigby?
    Nice catch! I've gone ahead and changed it to it says Flexibility now. Thanks!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Put him with Carnage and Medusa. Get his fortified protect tiles out (Medusa will make plenty of blue for him) to eliminate the damage from Carnage's attack tiles. Medusa and Mr. F will be healing you constantly. This is a scary effective team.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Shuri + MrF. = a deadly duo
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Throw 4 Cage (best option) or 4BP (good but more overlap in colors) in with those two and Avenger's Towers.  Definitely a team I will play when I can get Shuri and BP leveled.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated abilities to reflect most recent rework
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Why are the stats displayed for 366? Last I checked 370 is level cap for 4-stars