Soft capping 5 stars

matthatter
matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
It has been suggested to me to soft cap my 5 stars to 360 until i am completely ready to make the transition to 5 land (almost there. 6 4s left to champ, then hoard a few million iso). Can someone with more knowledge help me understand the why?

Comments

• Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    A champed and boosted 4 star in PVP will usually hover around level 370. Leveling your 5 star character to around or just below that level will make them more useful without messing with your MMR.
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    A champed and boosted 4 star in PVP will usually hover around level 370. Leveling your 5 star character to around or just below that level will make them more useful without messing with your MMR.
    That makes perfect sense, thank you. Would you mind a follow up question? If my highest level 4 star is 296 will having multiple 5s at 360 affect my MMR? 
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Since you have all but 6 of the 4* tier champed, you're pretty much guaranteed to have at least three boosted 4 champs in each event. As a result, you'll always have a few boosted characters hovering around that soft cap limit.
    So logically thinking I'd say no, it shouldn't affect your MMR. However, I'm not in that stage of play yet, so this isn't speaking from experience.