MtGPQ Sneak Peek: May 2018 Edition *Updated (5/25/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited May 2018 in MtGPQ Events
Magic: Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In May, 2018
(*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

PLANESWALKERS
Current list of Planeswalkers available in the Vault can be found HERE

After sacrificing his Planeswalker spark to save Dominaria, then restored by his friend Jhoira, he is now ready to confront the mistakes of his past. Check out Teferi, Hero of Dominaria HERE

Jaya is a native of Dominaria whose skills, abilities, recklessness and impetuousness made her influence known to the Multiverse across generations. Check out Jaya Ballard HERE

EVENT SCHEDULE OVERVIEW

(Legacy events are darker color. Standard events are lighter color)

*New Update*

UPCOMING SINGLE-PLAYER EVENTS
Event Details:
Revolt Against the Consulate
In Progress
Upcoming Events:
A World Reborn
  • Coalition Event
  • Deck Restrictions: Origins, Hour of Devastation, Ixalan, Rivals of Ixalan, Dominaria
  • Opt-In Time: 5/25/18 2:00pm UTC
  • Start Time: 5/25/18 8:00pm UTC
  • End Time: 5/28/18 6:00pm UTC
Oath of the Gatewatch - Part 1 *New Update*
  • Deck Restrictions: None
  • Opt-In Time: 5/28/18 5:00pm UTC
  • Start Time: 5/29/18 5:00pm UTC
  • End Time: 5/31/18 3:00pm UTC
Oath of the Gatewatch - Part 2 *New Update*
  • Opt-In Time: 5/30/18 5:00pm UTC
  • Start Time: 5/31/18 5:00pm UTC
  • End Time: 6/2/18 3:00pm UTC
Battle of Four Tribes *New Update*
  • Coalition Event
  • Boss Health: 4,000,000
  • Deck Restrictions: Origins, Hour of Devastation, Ixalan, Rivals of Ixalan, Dominaria
  • Opt-In Time: 6/1/18 2:00pm UTC
  • Start Time: 6/1/18 8:00pm UTC
  • End Time: 6/4/18 6:00pm UTC
Past Events:
Battle of Four Tribes
  • Coalition Event
  • Deck Restrictions: Origins, Amonkhet, Hour of Devastation, Ixalan, Rivals of Ixalan
  • Opt-In Time: 4/27/18 2:00pm UTC
  • Start Time: 4/27/18 8:00pm UTC
  • End Time: 4/30/18 6:00pm UTC
Fateful Showdown
  • Opt-In Time: 5/3/18 9:00am UTC
  • Start Time: 5/3/18 3:00pm UTC
  • End Time: 5/7/18 3:00pm UTC
Return of the God-Pharaoh
  • Coalition Event
  • Boss Health: 3,500,000
  • Deck Restrictions: Origins, Amonkhet, Hour of Devastation, Ixalan, Rivals of Ixalan
  • Opt-In Time: 5/4/18 8:00am UTC
  • Start Time: 5/4/18 2:00pm UTC
  • End Time: 5/9/18 2:00pm UTC (or until Boss is defeated)
Battle of Four Tribes
  • Coalition Event
  • Opt-In Time: 5/18/18 2:00pm UTC
  • Start Time: 5/18/18 8:00pm UTC
  • End Time: 5/21/18 6:00pm UTC
UPCOMING MULTIPLAYER EVENTS
Event Rewards:
Upcoming Events:
Training Grounds - Every Day
  • Start Time: 11:00pm UTC
  • End Time: 10:59pm UTC
Trial of the Planes - Weekdays
  • Cost: 60 Mana Crystals
  • Color Order: White, Blue, Black, Red, Green
  • Opt-In Time: 1:00am UTC
  • Start Time: 7:00am UTC
  • End Time: 5:00am UTC
Race to Orazca *New Update*
  • Coalition Event
  • Opt-In Time: 5/27/18 2pm UTC
  • Start Time: 5/27/18 8pm UTC
  • End Time: 5/29/18 6pm UTC
Across Ixalan - (5/28 - 6/2) *New Update*
  • Cost: 20 Mana Crystals
  • Color Order: Green, Blue, White, Black, All Colors, Red
  • Opt-In Time: 10:00pm UTC
  • Start Time: 4:00am UTC
  • End Time: 2:00am UTC
Past Events:
Across Ixalan - (4/30 - 5/5)
  • Color Order: White, Blue, Black, Red, Green, All Colors
Terror in the Shadows
  • Opt-In Time: 4/30/8 6:00am UTC
  • Start Time: 4/30/18 12:00pm UTC
  • End Time: 5/2/18 10:00am UTC
Emrakul's Corruption
  • Opt-In Time: 5/7/8 6:00am UTC
  • Start Time: 5/7/18 12:00pm UTC
  • End Time: 5/9/18 10:00am UTC
Across Ixalan - (5/7 - 5/12)
  • Color Order: White, Blue, Green, Black, White, Red, All Colors
Hour of Devastation - Nicol Bolas
  • Coalition Event
  • Opt-In Time: 5/11/8 2:00pm UTC
  • Start Time: 5/11/18 8:00pm UTC
  • End Time: 5/14/18 6:00pm UTC
Race to Orazca
  • Coalition Event
  • Opt-In Time: 5/14/18 2pm UTC
  • Start Time: 5/14/18 8pm UTC
  • End Time: 5/16/18 6pm UTC
Across Ixalan - (5/14 - 5/19)
  • Color Order: White, Blue, Black, Red,  Green, All Colors
Across Ixalan - (5/14 - 5/19)
  • Color Order: White, Blue, Black, Red,  Green, All Colors
Nodes of Power
  • Opt-In Time: 5/17/18 10am UTC
  • Start Time: 5/17/18 4pm UTC
  • End Time: 5/19/18 2pm UTC
Across Ixalan - (5/21 - 5/26)
  • Color Order: Blue, Green, Black, White, Red, All Colors
Terror in the Shadows
  • Opt-In Time: 5/21/8 6:00am UTC
  • Start Time: 5/21/18 12:00pm UTC
  • End Time: 5/23/18 10:00am UTC

CHANGELOG

(5/09/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, and Multiplayer events.
(5/17/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, Multiplayer events, and added details about Teferi and Jaya Ballard.
(5/25/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, and Multiplayer events.

Comments

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby is this right? How long is RotGP running? Until Wednesday evening? That's so ****!
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby and @Oktagon_Daiane can I ask why RotGP is running for 5 days?  And why it is a coalition event if its doing so?
    Cruel and Unusual punishment is illegal in the United States, and this definitely qualifies.  DO NOT DO THIS

If you want to run it, that's fine, but keep it in the 2-3 day range (preferably 2 for this one).  Not 5.  Never 5.
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby is this right? How long is RotGP running? Until Wednesday evening? That's so tinykitty!
    I suposse the boss health will be over before that date, but it's quite long indeed for a coallition event :S
  • Brigby
    edited April 2018
    @GrizzoMtGPQ @Mburn7 @Coilbox

Return of the God-Pharaoh has always run for 5 days, however more often than not, players are able to defeat the boss seemingly by Monday at the latest.

It's only set that long on the off chance that the boss hasn't been defeated, and players needed more time to defeat it or reach max progression.
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    @GrizzoMtGPQ @Mburn7 @Coilbox

Return of the God-Pharaoh has always run for 5 days, however more often than not, players are able to defeat the boss seemingly by Monday at the latest.

It's only set that long on the off chance that the boss hasn't been defeated, and players needed more time to defeat it or reach max progression.
    We'll make sure he dies quick :D
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby the health was increased. Can you explain that? Were there really lots of players running into issues with hitting progression with the lower HP.
  • Brigby
    Brigby the health was increased. Can you explain that? Were there really lots of players running into issues with hitting progression with the lower HP.
    The 3,500,000 boss health for this run is the same as the last run back in March. It was set to 3,000,000 back in February, however if I recall correctly, players claimed they defeated the Boss too quickly, causing some players to be unable to reach max progression; you are correct to reference that concern. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby is this right? How long is RotGP running? Until Wednesday evening? That's so tinykitty!
    I wish it would run like BoFT does -- with life so high that we know when it's ending.  
  • Brigby
    sjechua said:
    Hour of Devastation - Nicol Bolas •Deck Restrictions: Origins, Amonkhet, Hour of Devastation, Ixalan, Rivals of Ixalan •Opt-In Time: 5/11/8 2:00pm UTC •Start Time: 5/11/18 8:00pm UTC •End Time: 5/14/18 6:00pm UTC

Brigby What are the prizes for this individual event?
    Woops. Forgot to add the Coalition tag to it. My apologies for the confusion.
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the clarification :smile:
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    The available PWs you link to are still last weeks.

Will Bolas appear soon so he can purchased and levelled somewhat before HoD for those who havent got him yet?
  • Brigby
    Rhasget said:
    The available PWs you link to are still last weeks.

Will Bolas appear soon so he can purchased and levelled somewhat before HoD for those who havent got him yet?
    Ah good catch! We have it updated on our new FAQ page, but it seems that link still connects to the old one. I've gone ahead and corrected that.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
      Just a question ... Why HOD and RoTGP? It looks like the worst choice that could be made...

We had 6 months of theses events, I'm personally sick of them (in particular rotgp)... I guess most players are too. .. 
       Besides, do we really need more HOU boosters full of dupes while we still crave for RIX boosters and new cards?

Not to mention the new BOFT has only been scheduled 3 times .... While its the ONLY way to collect RIX boosters from events.

In two months, most players only received 10 RIX boosters from events (13 if we consider coalition reward).  Crystals income have been drastically lowered because of the event shortage thus making packs harder to collect.
      We know dominaria is coming soon but we now have deal with 2 weeks of HOU events that will give us nothing but dupes? 

I hate to say that ... And my words might sound a bit heavy ... But i i honestly feel insulted as a player when i see a big cake on the table and i see they are giving us crumbs over and over again.
      It's even more painful as i've got the feeling this is getting worse weeks after weeks regardless of the general frustration of players and the massive feedback about it.

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    While we only had HOU we repeated HOU rewards for months.

Now that we have Ixalan and Rivals, why do you again take us HOU rewards? Just to spend the crystals on IXLN, RIX before Dominaria release?

My coalition members are tired of repeating rewards, they are playing less and less.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:
    I wish it would run like BoFT does -- with life so high that we know when it's ending.  
    Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the boss health, though?  Not saying you're wrong, but if they're going to do that they might as well just get rid of the boss thing entirely
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    I think that was kind of the point. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Mburn7 said:
    bken1234 said:
    Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the boss health, though?  Not saying you're wrong, but if they're going to do that they might as well just get rid of the boss thing entirely
    Edit: I think boss health should be eliminated as a concept — but there are more important things to do now so increasing life to the point we have a definite end time is a great quick fix. 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    Bil said:
      Just a question ... Why HOD and RoTGP? It looks like the worst choice that could be made...

We had 6 months of theses events, I'm personally sick of them (in particular rotgp)... I guess most players are too. .. 
       Besides, do we really need more HOU boosters full of dupes while we still crave for RIX boosters and new cards?

Not to mention the new BOFT has only been scheduled 3 times .... While its the ONLY way to collect RIX boosters from events.

In two months, most players only received 10 RIX boosters from events (13 if we consider coalition reward).  Crystals income have been drastically lowered because of the event shortage thus making packs harder to collect.
      We know dominaria is coming soon but we now have deal with 2 weeks of HOU events that will give us nothing but dupes? 

I hate to say that ... And my words might sound a bit heavy ... But i i honestly feel insulted as a player when i see a big cake on the table and i see they are giving us crumbs over and over again.
      It's even more painful as i've got the feeling this is getting worse weeks after weeks regardless of the general frustration of players and the massive feedback about it.

Back in the day when RGP was run every week I was also sick of it, but now I really enjoy playing it. Even though B4T has only been scheduled three times, I'm already sick of that event. Not that I dislike it, it's way too time consuming. Five nodes AND two charges from the start. Not to mention that it also runs on Monday and a lot of players from my coalition can't or don't want to risk playing while at work. I already fear the iterations of this event without cycling. I think the B4T nodes are very flavorful and well thought out, but that gets shadowed by afore mentioned reasons.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
      I see your point, but when i only have a single standard event per week, i prefer a fun and useful event that might last longer than a boring, overplayed and poorly rewarding event.
       The HOU boosters among rewards are also someting that concerns me because they are so irrelevant in the middle of the RIX scarcity and just before releasing dominaria.
       BOFT is time consuming but hitting 750 points instead of 650 isnt that much of a problem. The hard part is playing after hitting progression. But that happens with ROTGP too. Thats just a personal point of view though.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor

I don't find RGP boring. There can be a consensus of course. HOU packs could easily be replaced by RIX packs and I have to agree with you there, since I already have most of the HOU cards. For a "big" weekend event, rewards are on the meager side, so I also agree there, even though rewards are not my main driver. I can imagine that there are players that still need / want HOU cards so I don't think that will change.