4* DDQ: Guardian lovers quarrel: Star-Lord vs Gamora.

I expected it to be a breeze with a champed level 275 Star-Lord, but I still got smacked around quite a bit. I couldn't keep her from gathering a lot of black, so she flooded the board with yellow strikes. Adding insult to injury that also prevented Peter from placing his yellow countdown tile. Matched some of the strikes and took another hit from that wicked sword of her. That did net me a yellow countdown, while I also had enough purple to place some countdowns. Thanks to the yellow countdown I had enough red to punch her lights out. Yay for domestic violence I guess?
Token to the hoard!

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Took me 2 turns with my champed SL, token was a JJ with bonus Gambit, so no complaints here 
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    I took 2 tries with my 271 Starlord. Hoard purple and red until his yellow passive got activated then unleashed everything, which still need to wait till 3 of his purple's attack countdowns resolved to take her down.
    I think this is one of the toughest crash since 2 of Gamora's attack, her black and green can prevent Starlord from activating his passive.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    wingX said:
    I took 2 tries with my 271 Starlord. Hoard purple and red until his yellow passive got activated then unleashed everything, which still need to wait till 3 of his purple's attack countdowns resolved to take her down.
    I think this is one of the toughest crash since 2 of Gamora's attack, her black and green can prevent Starlord from activating his passive.
    It used to be worse, before Star-Lord's workover. Back then he was a support character only and Gamora is a beast on her own, since her black relies on her tanking as many colours as possible .
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    My 3/5/3 Star Lord is a wimp here. The red just does minimal damage without a board full of cd tiles
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steel Colt said:
    wingX said:
    It used to be worse, before Star-Lord's workover. Back then he was a support character only and Gamora is a beast on her own, since her black relies on her tanking as many colours as possible .
    Yep.  Even with a champed Star Lord, this is one of the tougher fights because of what you both mentioned.  Her green stuns you, so your yellow doesn't fire.  Chances are good that if she gets her black off, all the yellow tiles will become strike tiles (and end the match *very* quickly after that) so you can't fire off your yellow for that one either.  Gamora is definitely one of the characters that shines in 1v1.

I'm not sure 4-star Gamora would be an improvement, though.  Her blue is a longer stun that 3-star's Green, but her other two abilities would at least yet your passive fire.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Got it with a 3/0/5 Star Lord unboosted (because I burned through all of my boosts).  I stoped counting the number of attempts.  It was at least 20.  I knew it was gonna take some luck and the laws of probability final broke my way.  I hit her twice with the red while I had 4 count down tiles on the board.  
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got it on my first try with my champed Star Lord.  No boosts, but I was down to about 900 health at the end.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    188 4/5/3 Starlord. Failed miserably once unboosted. Boosted red AP, all damage, green/black damage got it on try number two by a narrow margin. Eventually got a red heavy board after denying black/green for far too long of a time. Was able to fire off a slight of hand, followed by two oldest tricks to put the match away.

PunMax and FalCap now the only classic 4* left in my unfinished Crash bin.

Blue Kraven to 3/4/5
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/2/1 4* Lord is not doing very well here; I just can't do any meaningful damage. Best I've done is getting her hp down around 8k
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5 Lvl 192 Star- Lord had plenty of trouble with this one. 3rd time out though I managed to get SL's yellow and purple countdowns on the board whilst having enough red AP to fire twice for victory.