Does AA blue passive stun Vulture prior to Vulture's AP gain when airborne?

As I don't have much experience with AA against Vulture, I was curious if anyone has discovered whether or not Vulture gains AP prior to getting stunned by AA while airborne.  It would certainly be nice (when playing against Vulture with AA) to let Vulture go airborne and then hit him with damage and stun him without letting him gain any AP for his team.

Comments

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    He gains no AP.  Vulture goes into airborne status, then immediately becomes stunned and the damage takes place. It's quite great.
    Wish there were more characters that had an airborne capability to make AA more useful overall.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    He gains no AP.  Vulture goes into airborne status, then immediately becomes stunned and the damage takes place. It's quite great.
    Wish there were more characters that had an airborne capability to make AA more useful overall.
    I enjoy running AA with Riri Williams - use Riri's green to send opponents airborne, then AA smacks them down.
    Nova works too, and you still get the bonus damage from Rocket Man when the stun ends.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, the wording of his power says any knocks down any airborne character.  Does anyone know if this is processed every turn, or just when the character goes airborne.  The power says at the beginning of every turn, but a lot of the times the wording of a power doesn't entirely match the effect.

From a PVP match I know that if you stun AA, then Vulture can go airborne, but the match ended before AA came out of stun. So, I'm not sure if Vulture was airborne and AA came out of stun what would happen.  Just curious.
  • Quebbster
    So, the wording of his power says any knocks down any airborne character.  Does anyone know if this is processed every turn, or just when the character goes airborne.  The power says at the beginning of every turn, but a lot of the times the wording of a power doesn't entirely match the effect.

From a PVP match I know that if you stun AA, then Vulture can go airborne, but the match ended before AA came out of stun. So, I'm not sure if Vulture was airborne and AA came out of stun what would happen.  Just curious.

When I use AA with Riri, Riri uses her green to send the opponent Airborne, and at the start of the next turn AA brings them down and stuns them. So it's not processed immediately when someone goes Airborne, it seems to be a check that is performed at the start of the turn.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks Quebbster, I guess in my scenario it comes down to order of operation again.  When does the stun end?  It's more of an academic thing on my point.  Every once in a while I get a full on IM40 repulsor blast of missiles cause I expect when the stun says 1, that he won't be able to use a power until after the next turn.  I know the IM40 thing has been explained away, but for all intents and purposes it makes it look like some stuns last until the beginning of the enemy turn and some at the end.  
  • Quebbster
    Haven't paid Close attention to when the stun ends. I will try it with Nova and see if I notice the stunned enemy taking damage.