Infinity War - New Supports, Vaults, and Stores (4/25/18)

1235»

Comments

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Shintok17 said:
    purplemur said:
    I really hate to be that guy on the forums but. The new supports are awesome!
    yeah we heard about rice and spicey heinz 57% vault. I get it. their misers. but the supports guys, the supports!
    Right off I need to contradict though: Proxima Midnight. major letdown. brigadier general letdown. xtra carnage?
    But the rest are color fixing buffs: Reality Stone ramp so hard,
    Space Stone turns any character into The Bridgekeeper from holy grail.
    Time? straight- whoopsie! your nuke didn't actually kill me.
    Cull Midnight on Loki just for the scrambled eggs! 
    Ebony Maw with Vulture. Go ahead and add another 4 to his AP gain. Steals it actually! thas jus nassssy
    Power Stone. for free. MEH's warm up could drop a gamma bomb. Imagine the worst AI cascade you've ever seen; have fun with that in PvP!

Once they figure out the currency valuation and back compensate everyone like they did with SCL people will be much happier and appreciate the ways Supports can really flush out some fun, different playstyles.

Real talk for a sec:
    These tinykitty vaults and bundles gotta go. They are awful. Ya'll in those meetings that didn't speak up; it's on you too. 
     It's like:
    "hey would you like to try a new flavor of your favorite soda,?
     -sure I'm interested, I do like cherry and vanilla coke..*#AGHGDG you just spit vinegar in my eye! Tinykitty you!
    wait!, that wasn't actually the new flavor.... I just had to do that because of the publisher......"
    Moral of the story: New Coke and Crystal Pepsi Sucked!! Supports are that flavor of Mountain Dew that gave kids seizures.
    I agree with you that the Infinity Stone Supports are awesome, but the best ability they have is at the 5* perk. That is the one that makes them so unique and useful. To get a 5* Infinity Stone Support would take a very long time if ever the way they are limiting our access to higher leveled Support Tokens.
    ONE of the good abilities is Rank 5. Ranks 1-4 are basically the same with some color-coding, Rank 5 is a unique ability that is decently powerful, and the REALLY good one works the instant you equip it to a Champed character.

Firing powers for free, reviving characters once they go down, that can be done with a Rank 1 Stone, so long as you equip it to a Championed character.
    My mistake your right. So they are really good at base level then. The only problem is getting the Infinity Stone supports without a HFH offer that does not cost money. With the new Supports added to the game it's going to get like the Classic store where dilution is going to make it really hard to get what you want.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Shintok17 said:
    purplemur said:
    yeah we heard about rice and spicey heinz 57% vault. I get it. their misers. but the supports guys, the supports!
    Right off I need to contradict though: Proxima Midnight. major letdown. brigadier general letdown. xtra carnage?
    Ebony Maw with Vulture. Go ahead and add another 4 to his AP gain. Steals it actually! thas jus nassssy
    Power Stone. for free. MEH's warm up could drop a gamma bomb. Imagine the worst AI cascade you've ever seen; have fun with that in PvP!

Once they figure out the currency valuation and back compensate everyone like they did with SCL people will be much happier and appreciate the ways Supports can really flush out some fun, different playstyles.

Real talk for a sec:
    These tinykitty vaults and bundles gotta go. They are awful. Ya'll in those meetings that didn't speak up; it's on you too. 
     It's like:
     -sure I'm interested, I do like cherry and vanilla coke..*#AGHGDG you just spit vinegar in my eye! Tinykitty you!
    wait!, that wasn't actually the new flavor.... I just had to do that because of the publisher......"
    Moral of the story: New Coke and Crystal Pepsi Sucked!! Supports are that flavor of Mountain Dew that gave kids seizures.
    I agree with you that the Infinity Stone Supports are awesome, but the best ability they have is at the 5* perk. That is the one that makes them so unique and useful. To get a 5* Infinity Stone Support would take a very long time if ever the way they are limiting our access to higher leveled Support Tokens.
    ONE of the good abilities is Rank 5. Ranks 1-4 are basically the same with some color-coding, Rank 5 is a unique ability that is decently powerful, and the REALLY good one works the instant you equip it to a Champed character.

Firing powers for free, reviving characters once they go down, that can be done with a Rank 1 Stone, so long as you equip it to a Championed character.
    My mistake your right. So they are really good at base level then. The only problem is getting the Infinity Stone supports without a HFH offer that does not cost money. With the new Supports added to the game it's going to get like the Classic store where dilution is going to make it really hard to get what you want.

At this point, it seems pretty clear that they're going to release the Infinity Stones in a special way.  I suspect they will not be a part of the normal packs, probably not ever.  The "children of Thanos" will make their way into the normal packs after this event, I suspect, but the Infinity Stones will remain some kind of limited release.

They will probably periodically give us access to them, otherwise that has a real chilling effect on new players, but I strongly suspect they will never have a general access method.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    Shintok17 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Shintok17 said:
    purplemur said:

Real talk for a sec:
     It's like:

At this point, it seems pretty clear that they're going to release the Infinity Stones in a special way.  I suspect they will not be a part of the normal packs, probably not ever.  The "children of Thanos" will make their way into the normal packs after this event, I suspect, but the Infinity Stones will remain some kind of limited release.

They will probably periodically give us access to them, otherwise that has a real chilling effect on new players, but I strongly suspect they will never have a general access method.

If they are limited access, I'm guessing the Infinity Stone supports will be prizes given out as placement rewards in their respective PvP seasons.

• Shintok17
    edited April 2018
    I just got 3 Balance of the Universe free tokens. I guess the Devs read the forums and decided we were right. Got 2* Storm, 2* Bullseye, and 150 Red Iso. 
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Shintok17 said:
    I just got 3 Balance of the Universe free tokens. I guess the Devs read the forums and decided we were right. Got 2* Storm, 2* Bullseye, and 150 Red Iso. 
    Yeah, opened mine and got 0 support tokens.  So, pretty much par for the course.  #thanksfornothing
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    My free tokens provided 3 2*s. Theres a surprise. I definitely feel like celebrating now. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    No tokens yet for me.  :-( 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got 25 Red ISO and (2) 2-star covers! Celebration is a success.
  • Shintok17
    Thanos deems you not worthy.  ;)
  • LavaManLee
    Shintok17 said:
    Thanos deems you not worthy.  ;)
     :) 

I'll definitely miss the 25 RISO, Moonstone and Ares covers.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Move your device time forward...
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Got my 3 tokens finally.
    Wonderful movie tie-in giving me 2* Ares, Bullseye, and Torch to celebrate Infinity War coming out!
  • feraldayor
    feraldayor Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2018
    I also got 2 x 2*s and 25 riso. Yay. 
  • LavaManLee
    Three came this morning.  And three more 2* covers.  Great promo for supports, devs!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got an Advanced Black Order token from today’s three vault tokens. Bumped my Ebony Maw to rank 3, with about 7000 RISO on the side. Thinking about putting him on Goblin.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    New vault and store offerings will be made available at 12pm EDT later that day (See more details below!) Infinity Stones will be available as Infinity Stone Versus Season rewards. We will be providing more information on that later this week.

"This week" has ended and we are now at the start of NEXT week,  another oversight? 
    @Brigby
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    They probably have to make things a bit more exciting thanks to the lukewarm reception of everything so far. So the announcement had to be delayed.