Supports - Active power

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
Soo...what if each (!) support had active power fed with team-up points? Power of this power would be roughly equal to max level of its rarity compared to characters (that means power of support level 100 would be equal to power of maxed 2* character, power of support level 200 would be equal to maxed 4*s etc.). And yeah, even level 1 rarity 1* support will have active skill

This skill would be unique for each support and as i said, you will need to use team-up points to use that (not colors).
How? Well, after this support will be equipped, this skill wil replace (permanently) used team-ups. 3 Supports in team = 3 spots for team-ups taken.

Why this?
Well, supports would be actually really helpful, since they provide an active power with a potential to become very strong with high level of support. Reasons for team-up cost are simple - color cost would just move resources from characters to supports, nature of supports kinda fits the nature of team-ups and now i dont want to speak for others, but i really think players cant get enough of good team-ups to use - some we get from aliance-bros, some we get as a reward, but still it is not enough to use them on regular basis.

So, what do you think about this?

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a fan for several reasons.

1.  It sounds like you limit the power of the support to the character thats equipped?  I.e. the same support benefits 5* chars more than 4* chars, than 3*, etc...

This is actually a terrible idea long term.  Supports are intentionally designed as regressive power assist.  I.e. the weaker your team,  the bigger the relative bounce.  The stronger your team,  the smaller the benefit.  Long term they need to incorporate more ways for weaker players to catchup,  while still allowing enough creativity for top tier players to still benefit.

2.  A "4th" set of active powers will actually be hard to feed.  In the overwhelming majority of my matches,  I will rarely need to chase TUs etc...  In fact, in many ways reducing the board to only 6 colors would do more to speed up the game than giving a "4th set" of active powers.  Think about it.  you already work super hard to accumulate ap to fire whatever skill.  Do you currently feel like you have extra rounds to accumulate TUs so you can fire a support?

From my perspective,  the benefit of supports is taht its all passive.  I don't need to worry or manage any AP/TU amounts.

3.  I'm surprised you feel TU constrained.  They drop like weeds, and the cheap TUs (like sting) are so cheap to fire, that you don't need to priortize TUs at all,  you'll just naturally acquire the 5TU ap to fire stings from natural cascades.

Whether or not Supports are woth the Riso/ cost to get supports tokens is a different issue.

but how the supports actually fire and work is pretty well done.  Once the match begins, supports work without any effort on my part, which I do appreciate.

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Phumade said:
    Not a fan for several reasons.

1.  It sounds like you limit the power of the support to the character thats equipped?  I.e. the same support benefits 5* chars more than 4* chars, than 3*, etc...

This is actually a terrible idea long term.  Supports are intentionally designed as regressive power assist.  I.e. the weaker your team,  the bigger the relative bounce.  The stronger your team,  the smaller the benefit.  Long term they need to incorporate more ways for weaker players to catchup,  while still allowing enough creativity for top tier players to still benefit.

2.  A "4th" set of active powers will actually be hard to feed.  In the overwhelming majority of my matches,  I will rarely need to chase TUs etc...  In fact, in many ways reducing the board to only 6 colors would do more to speed up the game than giving a "4th set" of active powers.  Think about it.  you already work super hard to accumulate ap to fire whatever skill.  Do you currently feel like you have extra rounds to accumulate TUs so you can fire a support?

From my perspective,  the benefit of supports is taht its all passive.  I don't need to worry or manage any AP/TU amounts.

3.  I'm surprised you feel TU constrained.  They drop like weeds, and the cheap TUs (like sting) are so cheap to fire, that you don't need to priortize TUs at all,  you'll just naturally acquire the 5TU ap to fire stings from natural cascades.

Whether or not Supports are woth the Riso/ cost to get supports tokens is a different issue.

but how the supports actually fire and work is pretty well done.  Once the match begins, supports work without any effort on my part, which I do appreciate.

Ad. 1 - No way! I used comparison of how strong Supports should be at max level of ther rarity, compared to max level of characters. Strength of the active power will be determined only by support level. I propably described it the most stupid way possible, but again - maxed 3* support power should have approx. same effect as maxed 3* character power. So yeah, you can equip 3* characters with maxed 5* support that will have ability comparable with 5* characters, dealing f.e. 10 000 damage.

Ad. 2 - Look, we are comparing Support without powers, and Supports with powers. I understand team-up are not our primary target for matching stones, BUT only supports or regular teamup skills use team-up points. Plus you will get TUs without even trying - destroyed tiles with 4+ matches, with skills based on damaging board giving APs (Surfers black hole etc.)

Ad 3 - As i sad i am lacking different perspective. TUs i am getting are mostly useless compared to my 4*s and 5*s and, as you said above, there is no need to aim at getting TU points because of that.

I just came up with this to boost supports cuz i think they could use some boost. And i also tried to make TU points more useful (maybe they are useful enough for other players, but it would be nice to have no need to care about getting good team-ups).