Infinity War - New Supports, Vaults, and Stores (4/25/18)

Comments

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Similar to babinro, I play both PVE and PVP competitively and have dumped a few bucks into this game, but as far as I can tell:
    1. The red ISO flow and support tokens seem to be virtually non-existent.
    2. I say "seem to be be" because I honestly haven't paid much attention since even if they WERE somehow attainable, the supports' effects seem terribly underwhelming, even at high levels, and in fact those that have banners or creates attack tiles would be HARMFUL in competitive PVE play as they'd slow you down.

I get the feeling these were created for a different player--perhaps someone more in the 2* or 3* tier. But then that leads me to question why even bother, because that player is already terribly overwhelmed by the sheer volume of toons and complicated game play that's already present at those tiers.

I was taking the "wait and see" approach upon introduction, but now I'm just going with "wait" since there isn't anything to see here...
  • MysterB
    MysterB Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    That vault though. Yikes....
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Just for once...JUST FOR ONCE...it would be nice to have a vault without any two star characters in it. That vault with 171 two star covers in it is ridiculous. Total overkill. It's a big event, so why not let our token give us the chance of something decent? It's not going to hurt anyone. It really isn't. 
    Pfff... that vault would have tokens for 1000 HP each or more :D
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Tony Foot said:

Why on earth would I buy new tokens, I cant get iso for the last ones I bought, yes the dupe rate payback is excellent, but I can see why. Now you will flood us so fast with these supports and tokens being so rare chances of actually getting a dupe is low.

Then you will dump it in pvp and increase the gap even further, even though the majority don’t even seem to want it in pvp.
    Prophetic words. Supports are already about to hit a dilution problem and they literally just came out. Smh. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards

I just looked at the new supports.  The Children of Thanos supports are pretty much more of the same.  The Infinity Stones, however, are ... interesting.  As might be expected, they follow a set pattern, with X being a different color for each stone.

Rank 1 - small chance of gaining extra AP in X Color when supported color makes that match

Rank 2 - Increase supported character crit multiplier

Rank 3 - Increase X Match damage

Rank 4 - Powers fired by supported character do more damage

Rank 5 Do something interesting on a conditional basis

Equip to championed character - Do something very interesting on a conditional basis

That's... not bad at all - even at rank 1 it's not bad since you can get a pretty good increase on the chances for rank 1 with 50 levels.  And Rank 5 is pretty neat.

I wonder how they're going to release them...

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think we need to see when the new season begins how the rewards are changed to include supports and red ISO.  That seems to be the way they're going to release support tokens.  If I can get a master token or 2 every season then that should be ok.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Supports dont make any sense other than a new way to make money and a really blatant cash grab.

I feel there are more important things the Devs could be working on.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    The money grab is amazing! 
    Nearly everyone liked the first deal for Strange
    • Three covers (1 of each power) of Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)
    • 4,500 Red Iso-8
    • Nine Beginner Support tokens
    • One Advanced Support token
    3500 hp, pretty good deal

So change it and raise the price
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    I think we need to see when the new season begins how the rewards are changed to include supports and red ISO.  That seems to be the way they're going to release support tokens.  If I can get a master token or 2 every season then that should be ok.
    I agree that would be reasonable. It sounds reasonable. And I say that putting in 900 points each event (hitting the 10k season goal) and realizing that if these are in placement I might not be able to earn them in the first place. But it feels like a good benchmark.

Which makes it a bummer that the original announcement says we're just getting Advanced Tokens in placement.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    fmftint said:
    • 4,500 Red Iso-8

fmftint said:
    • 4,500 Red Iso-8

Wait till you see the next one you will miss this weeks too
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    edited April 2018
    Edit: I improved my reading skills and answered my own question. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    A 300 item vault with no free token and no tokens earned from this PVP or PVE event. Wow just wow. All I have seen since they made the announcement is negative feedback for this event. I guess the Devs don't read the forums just the revenue reports.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    OK, so the Balance the Universe vault is pure garbage.  It might even be worse than the "Welcome to Supports" vault that had 2 basic support tokens in it.

The 5* Thanos one might be a good deal, but I don't have 450 CP and can't get that much in 5 days.  So it doesn't matter how good it is.

The 3* Thanos deal isn't bad.  It's not as good as the original Dr Strange deal though.  I bought it and got a rank 3 Cull Obsidian, a rank 2 Korg and some duplicates.  Disappointing, but I did get over 21000 Red ISO for the duplicates, so that's ok.

I'm a little annoyed that you can't get the Infinity Stones from these tokens.  They look awesome.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    I am bummed that there is no event.  They give use some unattainable (mostly) resources and supports and then there is no way to enjoy them or different content.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    As others have stated, there are numerous issues with the current offers.

However, the one that disappoints me the most is the 5* Thanos cover deal.  This is the 2nd time a  Thanos cover has been offered and it is the 2nd time it has been the black cover.  My 5/3/4 Thanos is disappointed.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    This vault is a joke, just like everything else supports related.
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Why aren't they playable characters? They look so amazing!!! Instead of taking a step forward we are taking a step backwards.