Infinity War - New Supports, Vaults, and Stores (4/25/18)

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Hilarious, why are they trying to kill this feature before it gets going. Is it because they really spent the last 6 weeks in the pub?

But yah New supports, I’m so bored of using the old ones already!!

Why on earth would I buy new tokens, I cant get iso for the last ones I bought, yes the dupe rate payback is excellent, but I can see why. Now you will flood us so fast with these supports and tokens being so rare chances of actually getting a dupe is low.

Then you will dump it in pvp and increase the gap even further, even though the majority don’t even seem to want it in pvp.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    I try to refrain from negativity on the forums, but... 171x Random 2-Star covers in the vault!?

You would think after all these yrs they would finally stop shoving 2*s down our throat.. sure we can farm but overall it's just annoying. I was hoping the Beginner Supports would replace 2*s, but instead they are ridiculously rare and I simply lost interest of them

Expect Season 2 of D3/Demiurge Meeting to come to the Forums soon.. it's these stupid decision that give me a ton of material to make fun of
    @Punisher5784    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Best news in this thread. 
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Not for me. I rarely play PVP due to time constraints so can't see me bothering with supports for a while (if ever)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is just making me sad. They are completely disregarding any feedback we give to them and also back that up with zero communication. Sad, just sad
    These details were probably decided long Before the Support feature was even launched. Far too short turnaround to take forum feedback into account.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I don't need the cover. I'm just wondering if it's a good deal. Looks like everyone is getting Infinity Stones support next season. 

As more supports come into this game, the beginner token would be more common. It's slowing down due to the high sell back price.

A 5* cover is 2000 iso-8 and 5* needs 1.2 million to champ to them. (From 255 to 450)

A 5* Support has various sellback value from 1,400/7000/12,000/16,000/ 24,000 red iso and it needs 600,000 red iso to level up from 1 to 250. 

The number of sellback for each different ranked support duplicate to max level a Rank 5 support is:

Rank 1: 600,000 / 1, 400 = 429
    Rank 2: 600,000 / 7, 000 = 86
    Rank 3: 600,000 / 12,000 = 50
    Rank 4: 600,000 / 16,000 = 38
    Rank 5: 600,000 / 24,000 = 25

Currently, there are 14 supports and another 10 more would be added. A Beginner token gives Rank 1 to Rank 3 support. Rank 2 has ~1:3 while Rank 3 has ~1:20. Advanced Token gives Rank 2 to 4 and Master gives Rank 4 to 5. 

When I look at these data, I understand why all these token is being rolled out slowly, and why Advanced and Master token are being rolled out even slower. If they increase the frequency of getting support token, the sellback value will decrease. It's not going to make much difference, except that the increase number of support tokens being given gives players some kind of psychology comfort.

It's still early too say that they are disregarding players' feedbacks. They have to gather data and analyse data as well. It takes time. They did publicly announce that they will experiment with different ways of getting tokens and red iso. I think it's good enough for me. Of course, some players want a specific timeline. This is actual problem.

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah. Nothing here that makes me go "ooohhhh yeah". 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    All the Children of Thanos supports can only be equipped to villains, which severely limits their usability.  They've also got no character specific powers.

The infinity stones have an extra power that applies to any championed character, which means they'll usually have one extra power compared to other supports.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    HoundofShadow said: A 5* cover is 2000 iso-8 and 5* needs 1.2 million to champ to them. (From 255 to 450)
    Woah, where'd that number come from? It costs about half that much ISO to champ a 5*. My fully covered Level 255 Gambit says it will take 553,929 ISO to go to Level 450. Then it's another 20K or 25K to champ (can't remember for sure, I've only champed one 5* so far). So either 574K or 579K to champ a 5*.

As for the rest of this... I knew it was a long shot, but really bummed that there's no Crash of the Mad Titan rerun. And my 5/2/4 Thano5 gently weeps at the fact that the HfH offer is limited to one select color, which I've already maxed out (he's actually 8/2/2, for what it's worth). If I could have chosen to buy a purple, then I would be able to champ him once my G4mora gets 18 more covers. Y'all should be giving your customers more opportunity to do business with you, not less. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    HoundofShadow said: A 5* cover is 2000 iso-8 and 5* needs 1.2 million to champ to them. (From 255 to 450)
    Woah, where'd that number come from? It costs about half that much ISO to champ a 5*. My fully covered Level 255 Gambit says it will take 553,929 ISO to go to Level 450. Then it's another 20K or 25K to champ (can't remember for sure, I've only champed one 5* so far). So either 574K or 579K to champ a 5*.

As for the rest of this... I knew it was a long shot, but really bummed that there's no Crash of the Mad Titan rerun. And my 5/2/4 Thano5 gently weeps at the fact that the HfH offer is limited to one select color, which I've already maxed out (he's actually 8/2/2, for what it's worth). If I could have chosen to buy a purple, then I would be able to champ him once my G4mora gets 18 more covers. Y'all should be giving your customers more opportunity to do business with you, not less. 

20K ISO to champ a fivestar. If you are used to champing fourstars it's not a huge step to champing fivestars instead.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Dwarf and Supergiant go sulk in a corner...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    "Cull Obsidian" is supposed to be the MCU Black Dwarf, no?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Orion said:
    "Cull Obsidian" is supposed to be the MCU Black Dwarf, no?
    Yes, you're right.  Supergiant is still wondering where his movie invite went.  Time to fire his agent.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Me 1 week ago: I will save some Red ISO, cuz chances are only 1:14 that i will invest RISO in a Support that will get 5* rarity first.
    MPQ: 10 new supports released at once
    Me: Hah, i knew that!
  • Pantherfan1973
    Pantherfan1973 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Been playing for 989 days, have 3 4* champions, all but 5 3* stars championed and I am farming two stars.  Working to get all the covers I can, and if I don't get any of these new supports then so be it.  I will not pay for this game and I will try to enjoy this the best I can until they make it to where it can't be enjyoyed.  It is getting close to that point by the way.  Already put it down twice only to pick back up because of the time I have put into the game. I hope they get the message.