Destroyer Gun (So That's What It Does)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2021 in MPQ Supports Discussion

Rank 1 - At the start of the turn, there's an 8% chance to fortify a random friendly special tile.
  • Level 50: 14.3% chance
  • Level 100: 20.72% chance
  • Level 150: 27.15% chance
  • Level 200: 33.57% chance
  • Level 250: 40% chance
Rank 2 - The supported character's base Purple match damage is increased by 13.
  • Level 50: 36 damage increase
  • Level 100: 60 damage increase
  • Level 150: 84 damage increase
  • Level 200: 108 damage increase
  • Level 250: 132 damage increase
Rank 3 - The supported character deals an extra 31 damage to H.A.M.M.E.R.
  • Level 50: 90 damage increase
  • Level 100: 150 damage increase
  • Level 150: 210 damage increase
  • Level 200: 270 damage increase
  • Level 250: 330 damage increase
Rank 4 - When the supported character makes a Team-Up match, there's a 12% chance to gain 2 extra Team-Up AP.
  • Level 50: 18.49% chance
  • Level 100: 25.12% chance
  • Level 150: 31.75% chance
  • Level 200: 38.37% chance
  • Level 250: 45% chance
Rank 5 - When the supported character fires a power, there's a 20% chance of creating a strength 28 Green Attack tile.
  • Level 50: 31.81% chance, strength 79
  • Level 100: 43.86% chance, strength 131
  • Level 150: 55.9% chance, strength 184
  • Level 200: 67.95% chance, strength 236
  • Level 250: 80% chance, strength 289
Special (Agent Coulson) - Before Agent Coulson is Downed, deal 220 damage.
  • Level 50: 631 damage
  • Level 100: 1051 damage
  • Level 150: 1471 damage
  • Level 200: 1890 damage
  • Level 250: 2310 damage

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So sad that the Rank 5 power for this support is essentially exactly the same as the Rank 1 power for the Elemental guns.

You'd think a Rank 5 power would be better than a Rank 1 power.

KGB
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    So sad that the Rank 5 power for this support is essentially exactly the same as the Rank 1 power for the Elemental guns.

You'd think a Rank 5 power would be better than a Rank 1 power.
    They're not exactly the same though:
    1. The Destroyer gun power has a higher probability of firing and produces stronger attack tiles.
    2. If you're comparing it to a rank 1 Element Guns support, then you won't be able to level it up anywhere near what a rank 5 Destroyer Gun can do.

Also, it isn't clear that the powers introduced in later ranks need to have significantly better base stats: the higher rank means you've got more powers, and the potential to level up further.

It's the same as how people still want 5* characters even though they aren't clearly better than a 4* of equal level: it's the potential to take them further forward.

• KGB
    Options
    jamesh said:

They're not exactly the same though:
    1. The Destroyer gun power has a higher probability of firing and produces stronger attack tiles.
    2. If you're comparing it to a rank 1 Element Guns support, then you won't be able to level it up anywhere near what a rank 5 Destroyer Gun can do.

Also, it isn't clear that the powers introduced in later ranks need to have significantly better base stats: the higher rank means you've got more powers, and the potential to level up further.

Regarding point 2: Both powers can be leveled to 250 so they level up exactly the same. Though obviously you need a Rank 5 skill on the Elemental Guns to be able to level up to 250.

I realize that a Rank 5 skill doesn't *have* to have better stats than a Rank 1 but given it's rarity one would expect significantly better stats or better powers etc much the same as 4* character power hit harder than 3* which hit harder than 2* and so on.

As it stands now these 2 supports are the equivalent of letting 1* Spiderman level up to 540 and do the same as a max champed 5* Spiderman (Peter Parket) in terms of damage (yes there are slight differences in power but not much).

It seems to me they could have found a different power for Rank 5 for the Destroyer Gun.

KGB

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm sorta confused on your point?

a fully level element gun(level 250)  offers 60% @231 attack tile

a fully level destroyer gun(level 250) offers 80% @281 attack tile.

So the rank 5 power for destroyer gun is significantly better than the rank 1 power for element guns even when both supports are  max leveled
  • KGB
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I guess we have a different opinion of the word significantly.

An extra 50 damage per turn in 4* land and above (14+K health) is insignificant. It's just getting the tile to appear that matters because presumably it's value is in having strike tiles also on the board to double dip or being buffed via some passive.

The 80% vs 60% is OK. That's an extra 2 tiles per 10 powers fired. So it might trigger 1 more time per match (assuming a character fires 5 powers in a match).

It's slightly better. Maybe worthy of a Rank 2 power.

I guess I expected Rank 5 powers to be worthy of how rare/hard it is to obtain a Rank 5 support and not duplicated by a Rank 1 power on another support.  Now if it was changed to be *if any friendly character fires a power* (Like the Avengers Tower Rank 5 power) then I'd consider that significantly better and worthy of a Rank 5 power.

KGB

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i see your point about the attack tile only being slightly better.  I personally thought they designed it this way.

every rank 5 power has an equivalent "nerfed" version at rank 1 in a different support.  While I don't persume developer intent.  I would guess that duplication was intended  in this fashion

1.  Because you can't have 2  versions of the same support.  They duplicated the power in a different support at a different rank.  to ensure you can apply the effects using two different chars.  I admit duplicating an attack power is not useful,  but a different example would be the fortify mechanic.  Having fortify duplicated over two different chars means your more likely to fire the power.

I think the new supports will continue the practice as well.  Ideally, every "mechanic" gets implemented at every rank in different supports, to ensure that you can duplicate the effect on a different char on the same team.
  • Chenpion
    Chenpion Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Instead of arguing over how this support is weaker than another support (it's pretty obvious that the later supports are more powerful than the earlier ones), but take a look at that special...

At MAX power, you're losing a toon (Coulson has to die) and you're doing a piddly 2.3k damage?