Are supports already dead?

124»

Comments

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    You aren't understanding my point.  They are dead because the vast majority of players really shouldn't be using them yet.  Unless you are part of the 1% that bought the HfH, and got a 5* support, but aren't a 5* player.....supports are useless to you.

And you aren't understanding my point. To say that supports are dead is to imply that they have no use to anyone and that simply is not true. To a player starting out in the 3* tier an extra 100 life, or 10 match damage or 20 point strike tile can make a big difference.  I recall narrowly losing many Crash of the Titans matches with under leveled 4*s. I could have used supports back then.
    Yes, I grant you that they are not very useful (currently) to the bigger rosters. Not every change needs to have a drastic effect on the game.  This is opening the door to a vast potential of changes. 
    The Devs have just planted an acorn. It is still a tiny sapling. You see the rate at which it is growing and call it dead. I see the potential for a full oak tree, and choose to wait and see.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    You aren't understanding my point.  They are dead because the vast majority of players really shouldn't be using them yet.  Unless you are part of the 1% that bought the HfH, and got a 5* support, but aren't a 5* player.....supports are useless to you.

And you aren't understanding my point. To say that supports are dead is to imply that they have no use to anyone and that simply is not true. To a player starting out in the 3* tier an extra 100 life, or 10 match damage or 20 point strike tile can make a big difference.  I recall narrowly losing many Crash of the Titans matches with under leveled 4*s. I could have used supports back then.
    Yes, I grant you that they are not very useful (currently) to the bigger rosters. Not every change needs to have a drastic effect on the game.  This is opening the door to a vast potential of changes. 
    The Devs have just planted an acorn. It is still a tiny sapling. You see the rate at which it is growing and call it dead. I see the potential for a full oak tree, and choose to wait and see.
    I understand your point and I addressed it.  The small difference that supports make even to a 3* roster don't justify spending months worth of a resource on.

Supports that scaled with character level would be a game-changer.  Supports that you could use in PvP would be a game-changer.  Yeah, there is potential, but until then... they are dead.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    If you aren't born yet, are you dead?

This is still early access, the real support game launches next season when tokens are in season rewards. They still have a lot of QOL upgrades to do, and we still don't have good information of what supports do with riso invested. Lets chill on proclaiming supports dead already.
    I think its a pretty good sign for the game that they introduce a new feature that will take years to "beat".

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see support on the same level as new 5* characters when you are talking about acquisition rate without paying. If a new 5* is release, how long does it take someone to earn 13 covers and then max it to 550? Max support at level 250 I would put on the same scale.