The return of the Fantastic Four

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
So, Marvel is going to start publishing the Fantastic Four again, now that the long and nightmarish cold war between Fox and Disney is over. 

(I personally thought cancelling the Fantastic Four back in 2015 was a foolish mistake on Marvel's part. How could they cancel a book that had been in continuous publication since 1961? A book that literally launched the Marvel brand and arguably began the Silver Age of comic books? But I'm getting off track here...)

This is a pretty big deal for Marvel and they're hyping the tinykitty out of it. I'm thinking we may see some cross-promotion here at Marvel Puzzle Quest with the release of a Fantastic Four variant or two.

If you got to decide which variant got released and how many stars it would have, what would you choose? 5-star Reed? a 3/5-star Thing? Maybe give Johnny a 4-star version so he can join his fellows at that tier?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    ...make a single character from Reed and Sue working together. That way, it would be possible to field the entire team at once.
    I love this idea!

Have Johnny be the offense, Ben be the defense, and Reed & Sue dealing in special tiles in some way.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    And while we're at it, can we add more members to the FF in order to boost Reed?  Pretty please... I know comics are a mess, but off the top of my head...

Ant Man (Scott Lang), Hulk (gray), Wolverine (what team hasn't he been in), Ghost Rider (neither of the versions in the game, but we can overlook that), Spider Man (not just bagman, he has a snazzy white suit), Medusa, Shulk...

Also, how about an ultimate nullifier support that can only be used against bosses... 
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Franklin & Valeria!  Or ,maybe, since they're ridiculously overpowered have both be a Boss PVE event.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    *snip*

Ant Man (Scott Lang), Hulk (gray), Wolverine (what team hasn't he been in), Ghost Rider (neither of the versions in the game, but we can overlook that), Spider Man (not just bagman, he has a snazzy white suit), Medusa, Shulk...
    Awww, you beat me to it! I was gonna say what this game clearly needs is another 4* Spider-Man :D
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Sim Mayor said:

Awww, you beat me to it! I was gonna say what this game clearly needs is another 4* Spider-Man :D
    *Reads new character thread circulating on General Discussions page*

Hey! That was a joke! No! Stop it!  :s
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having Johnny on the 4* level (hello Fantastic 4!) is a must, as is having him have his "Nova Blast" power.

If we had a 5* Thing then I would like spiky skinned Thing

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    gmtosca said:
    Franklin & Valeria!  Or ,maybe, since they're ridiculously overpowered have both be a Boss PVE event.
    If we got Franklin then we should get an Agatha Harkness Support to attach to look after him when they are off on missions!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* : Emperor Doom, Super Skrull
    4* Torch
    3* Skrull

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* : Emperor Doom, Super Skrull
    4* Torch
    3* Skrull

Hopefully, Captain Marvel movie next year brings us a Skrull event... oooo, and then that could be the next "phase" of Marvel movies, Secret Invasion (which as a PSA, find and watch Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon, it was such a great cartoon... and great earworm...ummm I mean theme song...)