Explain your team!!

Comments

• odjntrade2
    odjntrade2 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I've been using a single team for just about everything for a while now. It's fun to play and just so strong that it doesn't feel fair.

C4rol - 5 5 3
    5* Hawkeye - 5 3+ 3+
    Agent coleson - 3+ 3+ 3+

So strategy is to get C4rol's black early, then spam Hawkeye's red and blue. Those trigger Coleson's 1 turn countdown tiles. Each countdown tile triggers tile buff from C4rol, red and blue ap from Hawkeye, and random AP from Coleson. The cycle creates chaos as the board becomes littered with countdown tiles and special tiles. Sub strategy, C4rol's green makes purple AP because Hawkeye is strongest. Coleson's purple allows me to match any color I need, black early game and red or blue for late. Hawkeye's blue makes special tiles as you keep going and out of arrows still triggers Coleson's countdown for continued AP generation. I haven't use out of arrows in a long time. No opponent has lived long enough. Also forgot to note Coleson's team up AP boosting countdown tile activation rate. 

With the introduction of supports I've already found an op combination for this team. Hawkeye is weilding elemental blasters for the attack tile generation which has made it so my early countdown tiles have something to buff until C4rol's black. C4rol has Stark Industries which is worthless until rank 5 where any character firing a power will give me more purple for Coleson. Coleson has the destroyer gun which was built for him. At 5 ranks his purple (only power of his I use) has a chance to create green strike tiles to boost efficiency.

Tile fortification from Hawkeye and supports is useful but an after thought most of the time. Once I've got Hawkeye firing like a machine gun the enemies drop so fast I can barely keep up. 
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Perhaps this has already been described, but. 

Iron (Hobo) Fist 4*  5/5/3
    Vulture 4* 5/3/5
    Shuri  4* 5/?/?

Honestly there is not a lot to this. Get a black or two off for Vulture, and Match a red. This should give you your cost down. Blow all your blue on Fist's spamable and ludicrously cheap AP/strike tile generator. Then Blow your Green to get more Black. Dealing somewhere around 6k for 5 Green, that makes 4 more black. Continue to generate AP with invincible flying engine of death. Use Fist Nuke if you feel like it and have enough for Flight.

Profit? 

Not a rainbow, but it's been really fun, and makes me laugh evilly. Also Use a Main Event Hulk Power Up for instant Tiles, and just kind of Laugh at how perfectly evil that is. I haven't seen a team melt so fast since I tried Sentry/C4rol
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Another non-rainbow team, but seem to be a self-generating team.

Vulture 4* 5/5/3
    Ragnarok 5/5/3
    Dr Doom 3/5/5

Rag's red generate blue for Doom's blue which in turn generate black for Vulture which in turn generate more AP which can go on in a cycle.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    It's not an everybody killer, but with 3torm boosted, I've been playing around with Lockjaw/Storm/Nico in Divine Champions. It's been marginally helpful to knock down a few of the lady Thor teams in there, but it totally flatlines on the medusa/carnage/anybody teams for some reason.

The gimmick is to get as much attack spam out with Storm as you can, then let hilarity ensue. Ideally you'd get a yellow or two off from Nico to get some shields going. I have Storm at 5/3/5, Nico at 3/5/5, and Lockjaw at 5/5/3 or 5/3/5 depending. It's a lot of nibble damage, but after a few turns it turns into some real chomp damage. If Thor or Ragnarok start laying out some charge tiles, Lockjaw has a few things to say about that as well.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been marginally helpful to knock down a few of the lady Thor teams in there, but it totally flatlines on the medusa/carnage/anybody teams for some reason.

Replacing Nico with your own Medusa will even up that matchup a lot. Medusa/Carnage also tends to melt against Grocket.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I actually replaced Lockjaw with Medusa, and got very good results. On black-starved boards, it's easier to get the attack snowball started with Medusa than trying to chase down Hailstorm.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I have started using:

America Chavez 5/3/5
    Vulture 4/5/4
    4 Starlord 5/3/5

Goon countdowns don’t stand a chance, special tiles pose little threat, and The AP causes America to do great damage, plus that critical tile.
  • afsplat
    afsplat Posts: 18 Just Dropped In

I just champed my Niko and discovered…

OML, Niko, 5* Gambit (underleveled at 405)

Gambit produces cheap red firepower, which feeds OMLs passive strike tiles, which Niko boosts.  OML tanks all colors except Niko’s blue (good to transform her) and Gambit’s purple which I can avoid.  I fire Niko’s yellow and OML’s black as they arise, but most of the damage is OML match and Gambit’s red.  I go through whole rounds matching only OMLs red, black and yellow.  It’s a bit slow on the uptake, but gains speed fairly quickly and keeps the health pack usage low.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    This team was suggested to me by @Ragnoluce over in Venom's thread:

Venom (Eddie Brock) 5/3/5
    Cyclops (Classic) 5/3/5
    Medusa 4/5/4

At first glance this team appears a little underwhelming, but it has some teeth. Venom is the linchpin with his yellow passive, which creates enemy protect tiles every time the opponent receives <x> damage or more. This is going to happen every turn once Medusa's damaging countdown is out. It's not a problem, because Venom is also weakening the protect tiles substantially.

The goal is to match them away and get Medusa generating AP with her passive yellow, fueling Venom's green and Cyclops' blue. Matching them will also net you yellow, which either Venom or Cyclops can put to good use.

Once Cyclops gets rolling with his blue (it doesn't take long) you gain considerable board control and can feed his red. Between that and Venom's offense it doesn't take long to whittle your opponent;s health down to nil.
  • Ragnoluce
    Ragnoluce Posts: 50 Match Maker
    edited May 2018
    Good looking out @Dormammu! Brock Venom's interactions are some of my favorite on the whole 4* tier... (I wish had more than 3 covers on my Kraven :frowning:). 

One team that I've enjoyed using to mulch goons is Mordo/Bl4de/C&D--it's not as fast as a Rocket/Gamora for early damage acceleration, but it's pretty fun regardless. By turn 3, you have really good chances of a board with some combination of Attack Tiles/Strike Tiles/Charged Black Tiles from Staff of the Living Tribunal. Blade and  C&D black powers will probably go unused, but all of the other powers (Mordo Blue/Dagger Yellow/Blade Green & Red) will be gravy on top.

C&D & Bl4de both also get decent healing mechanisms (though Blade's is trickier to pull off), so there is some health pack saving as well!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I've been having fun with boosted Nico/C4rol/Loki in wakanda. I may switch nico out for boosted Mockingbird to increase the "let them make match 4s" meyhem. Basically get some special tiles out, ideally from Photonic Barrage, maybe Nico's yellow, then set up some match-4s the enemy can't resist. If they start getting cute with special tiles, use Loki's black to steal them/flip them.
  • Dormammu
    Okoye (Warrior General) 5/*/*
    Medusa (Inhuman Queen) */5/*
    (Note: this will still work with a 1/0/0 Okoye)

I'd love to suggest a third for this team, but it's completely unnecessary. This might be the biggest no-brainer, auto-pilot team anyone ever suggested. (Credit goes to @AlexNapalm for suggesting this to me over in Okoye's character thread.)

Here's what you need to do:
    1) Make matching team-up tiles your number one priority.

Um, that's pretty much it. If you do that, you should win.

You see, Okoye's black passive adds damage to her teammate's powers based on how much team-up AP you have. This includes Medusa's countdown tile. It won't add damage to attack tiles, but her special countdown tile gets the bonus every turn.

With 5 in black at level 270 my Okoye adds 344 damage for every TU AP in the bank. Boosted to 360 in the Deadpool PvE she was adding 650 for each TU AP. The highest I managed to get was 11 AP for +7150 damage each turn. With the 713 damage my Medusa tile does, that came out to 7,863 damage per turn.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu said:
    Okoye (Warrior General) 5/*/*
    Medusa (Inhuman Queen) */5/*
    (Note: this will still work with a 1/0/0 Okoye)

I'd love to suggest a third for this team, but it's completely unnecessary. This might be the biggest no-brainer, auto-pilot team anyone ever suggested. (Credit goes to @AlexNapalm for suggesting this to me over in Okoye's character thread.)

Here's what you need to do:
    1) Make matching team-up tiles your number one priority.

Um, that's pretty much it. If you do that, you should win.

You see, Okoye's black passive adds damage to her teammate's powers based on how much team-up AP you have. This includes Medusa's countdown tile. It won't add damage to attack tiles, but her special countdown tile gets the bonus every turn.

With 5 in black at level 270 my Okoye adds 344 damage for every TU AP in the bank. Boosted to 360 in the Deadpool PvE she was adding 650 for each TU AP. The highest I managed to get was 11 AP for +7150 damage each turn. With the 713 damage my Medusa tile does, that came out to 7,863 damage per turn.
    If you can get his red going, *4 Blade is a fun third for this team. 
  • 8rock_MPQ
    8rock_MPQ Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Maybe Nico to boost Medusa’s attack tiles as a third.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    A fun one in 4* land is Luke Cage 5/3/5 or 5/5/3, Shuri 5/3/5 & Star Lord 5/5/3. Works best on all goon nodes, but still works solid with 1 goon & passable with all tile movers.

Obviously Luke's protect tiles & SL CD's pop up when they fire powers, giving you something to fortify. SL also reduces the cost of Shuri's red to 6, which then her blue makes everything cost 3 less. So now the enemy has fired a power & Luke can start punching for 3 yellow. If there aren't enough protect tiles to get much damage out of Hero for Hire, use SL purple for 5 ap to cover any annoying enemy tiles & there's 3 more to give Luke a little more oompf. In wave missions you may find you don't need to keep using Shuri's red, that's when I use 5/3/5 Cage & use his red for 8-10 AP, or which ever one of them is boosted at the time. Shuri's green can be used for Cascades & stuns as well & with both SL & her cost reduction it only costs 6. 
  • Dormammu
    edited July 2018
    Okoye 5/5/3
    XF Deadpool 3/5/5
    Medusa */5/*

Okoye is an interesting character and can be utterly devastating. Like Vision, X23, and other characters before her, she needs to stay out front in order to maximize her effectiveness. But unlike those who came before her, Okoye is a 5-star and benefits from big match damage. If she's high enough level she'll tank all colors over anything other than high-level 4-stars and boosted 3-stars who are near max-champed. So this is my new sim team.

My Medusa and Deadpool aren't that high level so Okoye is tanking all colors. This is important because of her need for team-up AP; she'll loose a point of it at the beginning of the your turn if she's not out front. The other benefit of her being up front is that whenever she takes a big chunk of damage, Deadpool spawns one of his 1-turn damaging countdown tiles... which Okoye boosts based on how much TU AP you have..

BAM. Deadpool does a huge chunk of damage at the beginning of your turn.

BAM. Medusa does a huge chunk of damage at the end of your turn (her countdown tile is also boosted by Okoye.)

Just match team-up tiles in-between and the damage keeps going up. Match yellow to allow Okoye to true heal. Match purple to lay some Deadpool trap tiles or re-arrange a bad board with Medusa. Prioritize the AP in this order: TU, Yellow, Purple, Red.
  • Dormammu
    Just to continue on my thread above, I used that team to fight the wave node in Ant-Man's growth industry where Deadpool shows up in each wave. My enemies were level 450ish. By the end I had gathered 30 team-up AP and Deadpool/Medusa's countdown tiles were doing 42k damage each.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Dormammu said:
    Just to continue on my thread above, I used that team to fight the wave node in Ant-Man's growth industry where Deadpool shows up in each wave. My enemies were level 450ish. By the end I had gathered 30 team-up AP and Deadpool/Medusa's countdown tiles were doing 42k damage each.
    That's awesome damage output. I thought my Shuri/P4nther/Nico team was doing pretty hot by the end of that wave, but it was nothing like those numbers.
  • Dormammu
    I'm a recent 5-star transitioner with only two 5-star champs who don't really go very well together. That's not an enviable place to be in, at least in PvP. It's always tough to transition to a new star tier so I knew that going in and I'm not frustrated - I really like my 5-stars and don't regret the move. But... because they don't go very well together I have to find some buddies among my 4-star champs who can compliment them. Okoye has been easy. Jessica Jones has been more of a challenge. I adore my Jessica Jones. Hunting for those trap tiles that will trigger Damning Evidence has been the most fun I've ever had in this game and her red and black powers are completely effective. So who to pair her with? Who makes Jessica better? This is what I've come up with so far:

Jessica Jones 5/3/5
    Cloak & Dagger 5/5/3
    Valkyrie 3/5/5

Valkyrie is the catalyst here with her two passives, which is why her otherwise-awesome red is reduced to 3. Her black Bounty is going to generate red as the team's strongest color as soon as I down its target or do 2700 damage to them. That's not hard with Jessica's match damage. One match-four or two match-threes will do it, and if Damning Evidence goes off its an automatic trigger. That generates 4 red AP. Jessica only needs 9 red AP to throw someone through her door which will do 12k damage and create five strike tiles at strength 376... which triggers another bounty and generates 4 more red AP. See the circle here? Valkyrie's yellow is also generating more strike tiles whenever someone gives Jessica (who tanks all colors) an ouchie of more than 1200 damage.

Meanwhile, Cloak & Dagger are either making attack tiles or black tiles. The attack tiles are buffed by the all the strike tiles on the board. Jessica can use the extra black to Body Check someone; this damage is massively increased by all the special tiles on the board (and adds 4 more red AP from Valkyrie's bounty). Occasionally C&D's black tile generation will trigger a match, which could trigger Jessica's Damning Evidence, which triggers another Valkyrie bounty, which creates 4 more red AP.

Basically I'm always swimming in red AP and Jessica is throwing people through her door every 1-3 turns. A person can only be thrown through Jessica's door so many times before they go down, as you'll find out if you use this team.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited July 2018
    My JJ isn't that great (3/1/1 lvl 255), but I was experimenting with board shakers to cascade into damning evidence. Main Event, Nightcrawler, people like that. My results were inconclusive, but this team sounds pretty rad.