Guesses on Dominaria release?

DumasAG
DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
Well, Dominaria releases on paper this weekend, and we know the devs are rushing to catch up to paper magic. Karn is out for pre-purchase, complete with a deck of Dominaria cards. RIX became available for booster crafting, which to me suggests there will be a new set out shortly to take the place of "newest set".

That being said, we've got no spoilers (I've seen) other than those cards that came with Karn, suggesting there's still a fair amount of time before release.

Guesses on a timeline for when Dominaria drops? If it's a month or two away, I'll spend crystals on packs currently in vault. But if it's imminent, I'll wait and buy some Dominaria.

Comments

• Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Well Karn is in store for another few weeks they might release it after when he’s gone or when he has only a few days left I’m guessing
  • DumasAG
    Grixis197 said:
    Well Karn is in store for another few weeks they might release it after when he’s gone or when he has only a few days left I’m guessing
    I'm thinking you may be right about that. Would make sense to have his last 5 days or so coincide with the release of Dominaria.
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    DumasAG said:
    Grixis197 said:
    I'm thinking you may be right about that. Would make sense to have his last 5 days or so coincide with the release of Dominaria.
    Also look at the Rivals set countdown it’s got another 27 days to go before it goes from the vault, Dominaria will probably come straight after thats gone it started at 60 odd days when we got Rivals and thought is that the countdown for Dominaria
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting.  I was thinking we might get it as early as next week.  Originally, I was wondering if they would release it in tandem with the actual release.  Perhaps even this week. Considering this game is a newer revenue source for Wizards, I wouldn't be surprised.

However, when Karn released, I immediately wondered if his timer was a countdown til Dominaria release.  However, it seems like a bad idea to remove the PW from the vault and then release all of the colorless cards that would pair so well with him.  So, I think we will get the release while he still has at least 1-2 weeks in the Vault.

Final answer.... Next Thursday.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    not enough time to gather enough crystals ;)
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    I was also sort of expecting/hoping they’d come out with it at the same time or a week after Dominaria launches on paper. It may also explain why they have not fixed the myriad of bugged cards and PWs from Ixalan and beyond. They have addressed some, but the list is still long. So maybe they are just flat-out in Dominaria. That’s my guess and hope...
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    i started hoarding all kind of currencies a few weeks ago, and will save them to that day, will be party day!
    Come on @FindingHeart8 we have time for some more birthday gifts ;)

• FindingHeart8
    Coilbox said:
    i started hoarding all kind of currencies a few weeks ago, and will save them to that day, will be party day!

all my saved crystals are probably going to go to Karn when he's finally released lol.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Coilbox said:

all my saved crystals are probably going to go to Karn when he's finally released lol.
    Yeah, I'm going to have to make a hard choice between buying cards and Teferi.  I do not like these kinds of decisions
  • DumasAG
    Coilbox said:

Don't forget they stated Karn will take longer than normal to arrive in the vault for crystals. Maybe you can sneak a premium pack in on day one? Just one hit?
  • FindingHeart8
    Mburn7 said:
    Coilbox said:

Yeah, I'm going to have to make a hard choice between buying cards and Teferi.  I do not like these kinds of decisions
    Agreed, especially when he will probably be a superior blue/white planeswalker, but the Dominaria set will probably be a powerhouse...and the majority of our collection (if the Amonkhet block leaves) will be cruddy nonRivals Ixalan cards.

It is a tough choice indeed.
  • FindingHeart8
    DumasAG said:
    Coilbox said:

Don't forget they stated Karn will take longer than normal to arrive in the vault for crystals. Maybe you can sneak a premium pack in on day one? Just one hit?
    yeah, that makes sense...and I'll be able to quite anytime I want too ;)
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    babar3355 said:
    Interesting.  I was thinking we might get it as early as next week.  Originally, I was wondering if they would release it in tandem with the actual release.  Perhaps even this week. Considering this game is a newer revenue source for Wizards, I wouldn't be surprised.

However, when Karn released, I immediately wondered if his timer was a countdown til Dominaria release.  However, it seems like a bad idea to remove the PW from the vault and then release all of the colorless cards that would pair so well with him.  So, I think we will get the release while he still has at least 1-2 weeks in the Vault.

Final answer.... Next Thursday.
    I think it will be earlier as well. Guessing Tuesday May 1st. here.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Paper release is this coming Friday, April 27.

It seems they're ready to go with it pretty soon afterwards considering we already have 6 Dominaria cards and Karn in the game. Most updates happen on Tuesdays, so May 1 is a pretty fair guess. However if they are eager to get this out there there's the possibility they break with tradition and attempt to launch the set even as soon as the same day it launches in physical format.
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox said:

Ahh, you should have gotten it when he was available for cash, it wasn't really expensive... and after playing with him for a while... my god, it's a super amazing PW, loving the infinite possibilities you can go for and the mechanics of his skills  :3
  • DumasAG
    Coilbox said:
    Coilbox said:

Ahh, you should have gotten it when he was available for cash, it wasn't really expensive... and after playing with him for a while... my god, it's a super amazing PW, loving the infinite possibilities you can go for and the mechanics of his skills  :3
    Plus, you get lotus!
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    DumasAG said:
    Coilbox said:
    Coilbox said:

Plus, you get lotus!
    Lotus was in his starting deck, so you'll probably still get it if you buy him with crystals.
  • ertaii
    ertaii Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Coilbox said:
    Coilbox said:

It is still available for cash. 27 days left, as it appears.
  • Coilbox
    ertaii said:
    Coilbox said:
    Coilbox said:

It is still available for cash. 27 days left, as it appears.
    Oeh there you go then, still have the opportunity!