4* Carol

2»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought Nico would work better with C4rol than it turns out she does; in retrospect that probably should have been obvious since you want Nico's countdown to stay on the board, and it lasts a million turns, and it also takes C4rol an inordinate amount of time to get strikes out. I kind of want to work on my Red Hulk, I have a suspicion he could help out a lot of my novelty teams the way he sheds countdowns and has an active green, but he's been languishing at 3/1/5 for quite some time.
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    antman wasp c4rol is pretty effective as well. strikes can get ridiculous.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Banjo said:
    Has anyone tried C4rol with Wasp?
    Many times. Add in Cloak & Dagger and their combined passives are pretty much an auto-pilot win once Wasp has enough blue.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Banjo said:
    Has anyone tried C4rol with Wasp? My Wasp isn't fully covered, but she can cheaply create her own strike tile - & then with her blue you get a 1-turn countdown each turn for C4rol to boost? Does this work?

C4rol/Wasp/4* Grocket?
    C4rol/Wasp/Medusa?
    They are great together. I would not put rocket with them personally, simply because I like to fire off wasps yellow before any other specials are on the board.

Shuri would probably work with them. Medusa is just silly good with nearly everyone.

I ran x-23 with them for a bit since she was tanking all her own colors healing up like crazy while the other 2 laid down the pain. Not a super fast team because of x, but really scary when you get all 3 of them rolling.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Banjo said:
    Has anyone tried C4rol with Wasp? My Wasp isn't fully covered, but she can cheaply create her own strike tile - & then with her blue you get a 1-turn countdown each turn for C4rol to boost? Does this work?

C4rol/Wasp/4* Grocket?
    C4rol/Wasp/Medusa?

Carol and Wasp are part of my favorite sim team -
    Carol (5/3/5) /Cloak & Dagger (5/3/5) /Wasp (5/5/3)

I set Wasp to 5/5/3 in this team, as you're going to generally want to use Carol's awesome black power. Even at only three covers Wasp's black can still stun for two turns, so it's usable in a pinch. Cloak & Dagger help feed Black for Carol, and the cheap purple is great to knock out a low-health enemy about to fire a power. C&D can also provide attack tiles for Carol to buff when Wasp's 1-turn blue countdown resolves. I will often boost +2 Y/R so I can cast Wasp's yellow with a single match-3 in yellow.

Other Carol/Wasp combos that I've used with success:
    Carol/X-23/Wasp - X-23 tanks all of her colors, which is nice for healing.
    Carol/Riri/Wasp - no exceptional synergy, but it gives you good abilities in all colors except for purple.
    Carol/Ant-Man/Wasp - Ant-Man's yellow can make Carol boost tiles like crazy - it's also nice that she'll boost Ant-Man's strike tiles as soon as he makes them with his red countdowns.
    Carol/Starlord/Wasp - Countdowns, countdowns everywhere!

• AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Carol/Wasp/Coulson was my go to team when I first getting into PVP. Collect enough blue for Wasp's countdown and Coulson will start generating some extra AP each turn. 
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Cloak & Dagger can help give ap for carol’s black & yellow. Coulson likes working with carol too. 

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    If you want a first class troll team, try C4rol Sentry Daken, with maybe Loki instead of Sentry for added troll. The strikes get silly big silly quick, even when she’s not boosted.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rod5 said:
    If you want a first class troll team, try C4rol Sentry Daken, with maybe Loki instead of Sentry for added troll. The strikes get silly big silly quick, even when she’s not boosted.
    I ran Carol/Sentry/Daken in the Combined Arms a few times.  It's rough on the health packs, but getting a World Rupture off is hilarious.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Rod5 said:
    I ran Carol/Sentry/Daken in the Combined Arms a few times.  It's rough on the health packs, but getting a World Rupture off is hilarious.
    Nice! You can sometimes get away with it in SSim, against non-Gambit at least