Come And Get Me Event Details (4/18/18)

Comments

• Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    We're on Round 6 and with a boosted Grocket it's still an absolute joke. Haven't taken a single hit. You've gotta work out a way to scale these things, or in this particular case, just make it freaking harder in general.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    You want to spend more time playing the game? 
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I think it's the complete difference in mechanics between Apocalypse and Thanos that's causing whiplash here. Apocalypse's special tiles only benefit him, and if you manage to remove one it spawns a Death countdown that straight-up kills you. Thanos's special tiles don't do anything for him and benefit you hugely when they're matched away; the only thing he can do is destroy one row every couple of turns and use his Infinite Power purple to restrict you from creating / changing tiles.

As ever, though, when the side missions scale up, they'll lock out the super-casual alliances and severely hamper the mixed-ability alliances' chances of finishing the event... and Thanos will still be a 900-pound pushover.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    NMANOZ said:
    You want to spend more time playing the game? 
    When it's actually interesting and fun (and the 'more' is within reason), sure. If you don't enjoy playing the game, why are you doing it in the first place?

ETA: I often like the boss events. Apocalypse was fun at the higher levels because it brought the 'puzzle' back into the game. You actually had to think to win (at 4* level, anyway). When it's ridiculously easy they might as well just give you the rewards and be done with it.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Just want to echo @Richyyy and @CNash
    Granted, I'm using all champed and boosted 4*s (G4mora/R4G/FlapCap), but I'm in round 6 and my longest fight took 3 matches to down Thanos.  I did all my matches for the current refresh in less time than it took me to do the DDQ nodes. 
    This is great for player with smaller rosters, but frankly boring for anyone running 4*s and 5*s. And you have the opposite problem with the feeder nodes; the first 24 hours they are ridiculously easy, but in a few short hours they will jump to being tougher than the boss battle.
    The higher frequency they are running these boss events just sheds more light on the odd scaling of them.  It would be nice to see SCLs applied here, or have everything be scaled to our roster.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    You all complain when the Boss is too hard, Missions to hard, and now when the Boss is too easy. Just play the event and get your rewards. If your bored do PVP or the Shield Simulator. Not everyone has Rocket and Groot champed or 5* champs like all of you. Not everyone has a competitive Alliance where everyone participates to the fullest. Enjoy your extra time of the game and live life. I do agree that it is easier. I'm using new 5* Cap who is boosted for match damage, Gamora, and 5* Hawkeye (anyone is interchangeable here). The infinity Stones do make the battle faster, but also makes it different and fun. Because not everyone on my alliance has contributed or fully attacked we are in Round 5, so maybe later on it will get harder. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    You all complain when the Boss is too hard, Missions to hard, and now when the Boss is too easy. Just play the event and get your rewards. If your bored do PVP or the Shield Simulator. Not everyone has Rocket and Groot champed or 5* champs like all of you. Not everyone has a competitive Alliance where everyone participates to the fullest. Enjoy your extra time of the game and live life. I do agree that it is easier. I'm using new 5* Cap who is boosted for match damage, Gamora, and 5* Hawkeye (anyone is interchangeable here). The infinity Stones do make the battle faster, but also makes it different and fun. Because not everyone on my alliance has contributed or fully attacked we are in Round 5, so maybe later on it will get harder. 
    Agreed.  Even though Boss events hurt us ISO wise, it's a welcome break to the optimal runs in normal PVE.  

To further Shintok17, I accidentally deselected my Grocket and then I started wondering why the match was so long...  :D

Also, in these events it's hardly ever the boss that's the real enemy.  It's the teamup nodes after the 24 and 48 hr marks that provides the challenge (to echo what's been said ad naseum, they really need to smooth out the difficulty of the teamup nodes, perhaps by round #?).
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 said:
    Agreed.  Even though Boss events hurt us ISO wise, it's a welcome break to the optimal runs in normal PVE.  

To further Shintok17, I accidentally deselected my Grocket and then I started wondering why the match was so long...  :D

Also, in these events it's hardly ever the boss that's the real enemy.  It's the teamup nodes after the 24 and 48 hr marks that provides the challenge (to echo what's been said ad naseum, they really need to smooth out the difficulty of the teamup nodes, perhaps by round #?).
    That has been the main issue for a while now. I remember in the last Civil War event the Side missions became harder than the actual boss. This happens in almost all the boss events. They need to scale these things down a bit. I think is safe to say that everyone agrees that the Individual progression rewards for Boss events are very antiquated. We need individual progression rewards to reflect SCL. The rewards are so minimal for the amount of work put into them. Look at the second to last reward for 818,500 points only 1,000 ISO for so much time and effort to obtain. By the time I reach that I'm going to get 12X that from 2 days of DDQ that lasts a couple of minutes. I appreciate the 4* covers added to Alliance progression. That is awesome, but if you don't have an active or strong enough alliance members then your not getting them all. At least with Individual progression you control your rewards, much like other Story events that Boss events take the place of.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    In addition to changing the rewards, they need to look at the max progression threshold.  I think this and a few other bosses are around 900k, but I remember one of the bosses, max progression is over 1.2M.  I barely made progression that time due to a middle of the road alliance.  
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Understand why it took so long for this rerun and why so many of us hardly remembered it: not much to remember really...
    Matches take only couple seconds and Thanos does nothing really.

Sure, weather is improving and a break is nicely timed. But boss events ought to be a little challenging and puzzly... Maybe make a round 9 boss, not for progression reward, but gives iso when beaten? Just to keep it fun, when we done halfway through...
    Or make all boss events a double like CW...

(and a bit more iso could be rewarded in all boss events, and off course support components...)
  • Shintok17
    Smart80 said:
    Understand why it took so long for this rerun and why so many of us hardly remembered it: not much to remember really...

Sure, weather is improving and a break is nicely timed. But boss events ought to be a little challenging and puzzly... Maybe make a round 9 boss, not for progression reward, but gives iso when beaten? Just to keep it fun, when we done halfway through...

(and a bit more iso could be rewarded in all boss events, and off course support components...)
    I agree, but not with the double like CW part. My alliance finished our side and when we went to do the other side the Side Missions were so scaled up in difficulty that it was way too much agony to continue. The Boss might of been on Round 1 Difficulty, but the Side Missions were on level "You May Not Pass".
  • Smart80
    Shintok17 said:
    Smart80 said:

I agree, but not with the double like CW part. My alliance finished our side and when we went to do the other side the Side Missions were so scaled up in difficulty that it was way too much agony to continue. The Boss might of been on Round 1 Difficulty, but the Side Missions were on level "You May Not Pass".
    Well, you still get same as usual, so why not?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I've used more of my roster just against Thanos in the first ~24hrs of this event than I did in all PVE & PVP events from the entire previous week combined.  It's nice to have an opponent that you can roll out your C & D teams against and still have a reasonably good chance to win, so no, the difficulty doesn't bother me in the slightest.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    In some ways I actually like the side node scaling.

Its actually pretty close to the scl9 5e node.  So in a lotta ways, the last round is really indicative of whether you can be a competitive t10 pve player in scl9.

I.e.  the last round of the side nodes are pretty good examples of what scl9 5e nodes play.  If you can beat those nodes pretty fast sub 2min, then you will be T10 competitive in scl9
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    Maybe thanos should be immune to match damage a la Kaecilius

You should need to fire abilities or match the gems to kill him. Or maybe a mix of big K and apocalypse, where you have to either finish him in one turn, or he heals back up to full (as long as stones are on the board)
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    CNash said:
    I think it's the complete difference in mechanics between Apocalypse and Thanos that's causing whiplash here. Apocalypse's special tiles only benefit him, and if you manage to remove one it spawns a Death countdown that straight-up kills you. Thanos's special tiles don't do anything for him and benefit you hugely when they're matched away; the only thing he can do is destroy one row every couple of turns and use his Infinite Power purple to restrict you from creating / changing tiles.

As ever, though, when the side missions scale up, they'll lock out the super-casual alliances and severely hamper the mixed-ability alliances' chances of finishing the event... and Thanos will still be a 900-pound pushover.
    I would add that the real challenge ultimately lies in his healing every turn. Basically, unless you get rid of the Horsemen and their deathtiles, you have to take him out in one turn. That get's seriously tough in later rounds! You can definitely get him once he stops healing, but getting through those deathtiles is NOT a gimme for any team I've ever been able to put together...
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Shintok17 said:
    Shall. "You shall not pass." Just sayin'... ;) I just about broke into a million little pieces I was so in love with that scene when the film was in theatres. I'll add, on the 4/20 Holiday, that augmentation did not hurt at the time...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed that the "Captain America" side node allowed me to use Peggy or Sam Wilson in place of a Steve Rogers Cap as the essential.  Is that new?

It doesn't seem to be a universal change though: I couldn't use Miles as the essential in the "Spider-Man" side node.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    the infinity tiles should work for thanos, not against him.  ridiculously easy boss. it's like the opposite of the original galactus. rarely does the boss node last longer than 3 turns. 
  • Smart80
    Is there a video available to see what happens when Thanos’ glove timer reaches 0?