Has Greg been improved?

rafalele
rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
edited April 2018 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Since yesterday I have been losing much more than I used to, in Training grounds and also in Across Ixalan.

Have you realized something similar?

I am in platinum and the only thing I know that has chaged is the data version, now I am in 2.5.0.22119. I do not know if it is related at all.

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nahiri still doesn't know to ultimate, at least for me. I had no trouble winning everything?
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Feels like he's more eager to match-5 lately, but may just be my imagination.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    I don't think that Greg improved . He still makes a lot of nonce plays . I did have a day this week where I lost way more in tg than usual, but I was testing wonky standard decks with the origins pws, so it seemed par for the course. You probably just had a bad run. It happens .
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dumb as ever.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Still a toddler that is struggling with their abilities.
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Yeah yesterday was tough for me in Across Ixalan and it was also a little more difficult in TG today
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    yes , his matching and sky falls are back , but skill usage still dumbed down
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    No, same stupid Greg
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    The AI still decides if you will lose when game loads and give itself more 5s and cascades.
    Losing to a jank Chandra 1 but at 4:1 ratio on mana is garbage! 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Liliana 3 still seems to pick and choose when to use her abilities, so I'd say no. 
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Ob doesn’t know how to use his ult would have lost for sure to that but didn’t
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Greg has not recovered from his frontal lobotomy. 
  • Chad739
    Chad739 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I disagree.  I played against a Kiora that continually spammed the first ability even though she had both the second and third powered up and available.  This in my mind is actually a improvement in AI skills, as creature removal is easier to achieve than mana in some games.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chad739 said:
    I disagree.  I played against a Kiora that continually spammed the first ability even though she had both the second and third powered up and available.  This in my mind is actually a improvement in AI skills, as creature removal is easier to achieve than mana in some games.

That doesn't mean it's an improvement. That just means that she happens to have an effective ability in her first slot. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Greg's improvement was using all abilities, with some walkers that made him easier not harder! (Like Bolas or Vraska, by all means make zombies or pirates!)

If they just put that back without his improved matching (that was making cascades even worse) things would be nicer, that's the main part I missed. I don't care if he's dumb at the matching, it's more like playing against myself when I'm tired! But not using all the abilities is hard to suspend disbelief properly for (Like destroying his own creatures or buffing things when they can't attack, things are _too_ stupid.)