Can we get an "In Progress" List?

Options
Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
As great as Ixalan and Rivals are for MTGPQ, they are a buggy mess.  Its gotten better since the release, but there are still a ton of cards not working the way they should (whether that's the programmers' fault or faulty wording is in question on some).

I have filed dozens of tickets regarding these issues to make the dev team aware, and all I get is a generic "yup, we told them" response.

@Brigby would it be possible to do a monthly (or Bi-weekly) list on the bugs and fixes the devs are working on?  It doesn't have to be major, just a list of "here are the buggy cards and things we are trying to fix" so that we know they are seeing our tickets.

Because there are several cards (Elendra, Emperor's Vanguard, Savage Stomp to name a few) that have been reported several times as not working, but are never mentioned in any bug fix stuff and are still broken.  I just think there should be a way for us to know that a solution is in the works, even if its a ways off

Comments

• DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just guessing here, but I expect they don't want a published list like this. We all have different bugs that are prioritized based on what we use and play against. Having a published list gives ammunition for complaints when players see what isn't being prioritized by the devs. Not trying to be negative here, just realistic.
  • ard021
    ard021 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    Just guessing here, but I expect they don't want a published list like this. We all have different bugs that are prioritized based on what we use and play against. Having a published list gives ammunition for complaints when players see what isn't being prioritized by the devs. Not trying to be negative here, just realistic.
    There's that, but there's also the issue that it wouldn't be a very useful list.  I'm guessing priorities change based on how easy or difficult it is to fix a bug.  If you investigate a bug and discover that it's going to take a month of recoding to resolve, and then you investigate another bug and discover it can be fixed in two days, the one that can be fixed first gets prioritized, because there's a more immediate payoff.  (I'm basing this on bugs being roughly the same priority level.  Obviously, in the case of critical errors, those bugs get pushed to the top of the list.)

Prior to investigation, of course, they don't actually know how long fixing the bugs will take.  I suppose they could make a list of bugs they intend to investigate first, but as you mentioned, that would just make people angrier, and it wouldn't get any better when the bugs aren't fixed in that order.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just this being kept slightly more up to date (monthly even?) would help.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/61987/bug-status-list-updated-2-9-18#latest

• Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd love it if they'd actually update that list on the Bugs forum weekly. We don't need a list of bugs currently being worked on - it's accurate to say that would upset people, as has been mentioned, who don't see their particular issues being dealt with - but just a list of what bugs they are aware due to reports or posts.

We don't even need the list to say what bugs have been resolved either. Once it's fixed, it's just no longer on the list of bugs.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Really. This is needed. I have reported bugs months ago and there’s still no actual word back on how they are being fixed. Rather disappointing...
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Publishing your failings is a no no. Like a hard no no. It opens a giant can of worms that can snowball and quickly spiral out of control
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It does, but when customers are talking publicly about specific things you need something like the "devs aware" list.
    No admission of guilt, just "We're aware that _you_ think this is a problem." like "I'm sorry you feel bad about what I said." instead "I'm sorry I said that."
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    We do technically have a Known Issues thread in the Bugs & Technical Issues section. I will admit, I unfortunately haven't found the time recently to keep it up to date, but in the meantime I've been applying the appropriate title tags to issues being reported. Hopefully this works to still keep players informed about what the team is aware of and investigating, while being able to stay efficient at addressing players' issues across the forum