Gambit, Thor, Chavez: Simulator trollin'

optimus2861
optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
Thank tinykitty that node is a 1-and-done. If that's not the devs trolling the playerbase, IDK what is.

I beat it with Sandman, Ironheart, and my 1-black-cover Jessica just for her match damage. Luckily I hit a crit on the opening move and was able to down Gambit before he fired a power, but his AP generation still had Chavez spawning criticals for ~4 turns in a row afterward. And Thor took full advantage, hitting me with his red at least twice, his green once, and that passive of his after he got below half health... Jessica took a savage beating and barely escaped alive. The others were battered & bruised but in better shape than Jess.

3500 ISO is certainly worth it, but darned if I know how anyone lacking champ 4* or some semi-usable 5* beat that node.

Comments

• ScottieJoJo
    ScottieJoJo Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    It was a difficult node. I used 4 star Gamora, vulture and 3 star iron fist. I did use stockpile to give me some extra blue, stunned gambit ASAP, got vulture flying and they barely touched me. Left Thor for last, stunned him, and finished him off. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I played in SCL 6. I got the team on the third try without using ap boost. I used the team of 3*: Magneto, IM40 and Loki. I was looking for a cascade or match 4 to reduce the chance of Gambit reducing my yellow ap. Due to AC's critical tiles creating lots of 4 match, I was able to activate Loki's passive a few times. I finished them off with Magneto's blue and red. Magneto's red created a few cascades and Loki's purple helped me to create some matches as well. 
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    I used OML, 4* Cyc, & Loki - breezed it.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Sandman, vulture and gamora for two stun options. Nasty fight thanks to Gambit generating ap...
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I beat it in SCL6 with Hood, Squirrel Girl and Luke Cag3 without realizing that the team for that node were these monsters (I like to try different teams to see how they work with each other). At the end, Hood had 1K health, Squirrel had 215 health and Luke Cage was below half. Thankfully, I didn't had to try again
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Wiped fast first go with im40, Riri, and sandman. Took grocketdusa in next go and had a much better time. Trolled the trolls. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only at SCL7, but down there, Vulture, JJ, Riri sorted it out pretty well. It definitely felt pretty sketchy until Gambit went down, tho.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Glad I only had to do it once, but I like to see nodes like this to see firsthand how well certain characters go together
  • Jrlrma
    Jrlrma Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Scl 7, I had patch, loki and 3if and i had to use 2 300+lv tus to beat it by the skin of my teeth. That was for reall trolling no doubt 
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    I half expected Dr. Strange to pop out as a fourth enemy and zap/heal.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    One of those where you fire a power to down Gambit and Dr. Strange rotates in and hits you with his counter
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    rocks52 said:
    One of those where you fire a power to down Gambit and Dr. Strange rotates in and hits you with his counter
    Or 3-star Captain Marvel comes in, and generates red and black AP...
    Or X-Force Deadpool comes in with his X-Enforcer...
    Or 2-star Storm comes in with her Raging Tempest...