New champed Yondu hunting for team

Options
Tintaiwan
Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
HI,

just champed Yondu.    I don't see him used often.   

Any good teams that he is a part of? 

If you're willing you can add them to my public team up database...
Form for entering team is http://tiny.cc/MPQteam

For looking at the list of teams is http://tiny.cc/MPQteams  

Comments

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    R4G and either St4rlord or 5tarlord
    BlackBolt, can you expand on the synergy that Yondu brings to this team? I don't see any benefit to him that you wouldn't get from putting any other random character in that third slot, but I admit I'm probably missing something :smiley:

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    No real team I can think of off the top of my head, but rather individual characters he plays well with:

Carol
    Grocket
    Switch
    Vulture
    IM40
    Nico
    Shuri
    Bobbi
    St4rlord

Basically anyone who can create blue, cause that's Yondu's best power.  Or someone who can make his powers trigger for less AP.  Or someone who can boost his weak strike tiles.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I use him with Nico and Grocket on goon nodes. He is mostly a Grocket booster but his other powers are useful situationally.

Haven't found a great PVP use yet
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You need somebody to generate blue and black so he can get rolling.  He is underrated but he can be a little hard to find a good team.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find him to be a good filler when I need a third and I don't already have actives on his colors. He doesn't synergize amazingly with anyone in particular other than the kinda-general-and-already-mentioned "anyone who generates blue AP," but his powers are good enough that he can hold his own. Plus, yellow is semi-reliable at 4-5 covers and true healing is always nice to have around.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like adjusting his build after he loses a bunch of health to 5/3/5 to bring him back to life for free. He hits hard and then chips for good damage.