Come And Get Me Event Details (4/18/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the event details for the upcoming Come And Get Me boss event! Gather your Alliance and see if you can take down the mighty Thanos!

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Did you forget to add Red ISO prizes?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the character list. I just Champed Yondu, and the Quake covers will get her to 5/3/4.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigbydo you have rundown of thanos boss powers will be?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    CNash said:
    Did you forget to add Red ISO prizes?
    For this run of Come And Get Me, it will still be a Mystery Booster, however the team will be looking into adding Red Iso-8 for future boss events
    Not even surprised...
    Just feels like they are trolling at this point
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
     G4ocket and G4mora boosted? Well this event got a whole lot simpler. 
    Not just them. EVERY Guardian except 5tarlord. So when quickly trying to down boss, leave Gamora out (stun useless) and use Drax or Yondu instead. And damaged Thor with his passive boosted by those Grocket strikes? Delicious.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given that this is the first run of this (I imagine) big tie-in event, I'm a little surprised Quake is the 4* in the round rewards and not, say, a more desirable or newer character people would be excited to chase.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    But this isn’t the first run of a big tie in event. This is the same Thanos event we played last year for 5lords release. 
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby, is the fight the same as the previous one with infinity stones?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    **I really don't remember this event  :D **

Copy/pasted from last year's thread...

Thanos (Infinity Saga)

• Doesn’t make matches
    • Infinity Gauntlet
      • Black Passive
      • If there isn't already one on the board, create a 2-turn Gauntlet tile that charges and destroys the entire row, dealing massive damage and gaining triple AP.
      • The Gauntlet tile can't be matched and won't fall
    • Infinite Power
      • 8 Purple AP
      • Creates a Purple Countdown tile.
      • While this tile is on the board, Thanos (Infinity Saga) deals 15% extra damage and no tiles may be destroyed or changed except by Thanos (Infinity Saga) (tiles may still be matched away)
    • Infinity Gems
      • Green Passive
      • Thanos cannot be Stunned
      • At the beginning of the battle, place one of each Infinity Gem on the board. Destroying the Gem gives you the following effect:
        • Time Gem: Creates a random duplicate non-Purple Infinity Gem
        • Mind Gem: Generate 30 AP of a random color
        • Reality Gem: Give a burst of healing to your entire team, restoring them to full health.
        • Power Gem: Deal a massive amount of damage to Thanos (a little more than third of his max health).
        • Space Gem: Create 2 Critical tiles
        • Soul Gem: Destroy all Green tiles, dealing damage but not generating AP
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I like the character list. I just Champed Yondu, and the Quake covers will get her to 5/3/4.
    A little off-topic, I guess, but: Yondu is really a beast when boosted. His initial blue hit does a TON of damage, then the residual is pretty awesome as icing. He's not unlike Mordo, overall. Mordo has more health and all three colors are good on offense, but Yondu's blue is more reliable than Mordo's contingent purple. I haven't often been been able (or needed, frankly) to trigger Yondu's yellow heal and definitly haven't yet needed to find a teammate to leverage his black.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
     G4ocket and G4mora boosted? Well this event got a whole lot simpler. 
    Not just them. EVERY Guardian except 5tarlord. So when quickly trying to down boss, leave Gamora out (stun useless) and use Drax or Yondu instead. And damaged Thor with his passive boosted by those Grocket strikes? Delicious.
    I said those two because they happened to be listed right next to each other, but you are correct about the other Guardians being a better fit for a boss fight. I might be running Yondu myself. 
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker

What are the other 5*'s in the "Covert Ops" drop list?

I'll go out on a limb and think it's other 5* Avengers.

So choices would be IM, Natasha, or Super Soldier (which won't be a choice).

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    The fnedude said:

What are the other 5*'s in the "Covert Ops" drop list?

I'll go out on a limb and think it's other 5* Avengers.

So choices would be IM, Natasha, or Super Soldier (which won't be a choice).

It's Black Widow and Hawkeye.
  • oldtimes
    oldtimes Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    **I really don't remember this event  :D **

Copy/pasted from last year's thread...

Thanos (Infinity Saga)

• Doesn’t make matches
    • Infinity Gauntlet
      • Black Passive
      • If there isn't already one on the board, create a 2-turn Gauntlet tile that charges and destroys the entire row, dealing massive damage and gaining triple AP.
      • The Gauntlet tile can't be matched and won't fall
    • Infinite Power
      • 8 Purple AP
      • Creates a Purple Countdown tile.
      • While this tile is on the board, Thanos (Infinity Saga) deals 15% extra damage and no tiles may be destroyed or changed except by Thanos (Infinity Saga) (tiles may still be matched away)
    • Infinity Gems
      • Green Passive
      • Thanos cannot be Stunned
      • At the beginning of the battle, place one of each Infinity Gem on the board. Destroying the Gem gives you the following effect:
        • Time Gem: Creates a random duplicate non-Purple Infinity Gem
        • Mind Gem: Generate 30 AP of a random color
        • Reality Gem: Give a burst of healing to your entire team, restoring them to full health.
        • Power Gem: Deal a massive amount of damage to Thanos (a little more than third of his max health).
        • Space Gem: Create 2 Critical tiles
        • Soul Gem: Destroy all Green tiles, dealing damage but not generating AP

This happened? I don't remember this at all. Weird.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Merrick said:
    But this isn’t the first run of a big tie in event. This is the same Thanos event we played last year for 5lords release. 
    Is it? Maybe I assumed too much from some of the articles, but it sounded like the Infinity Stones and Black Order would all be supports, which I assumed would be employed in the boss event as well. Maybe this was giving too much credit, though.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    At first I was hoping for a new event. And red iso and support tokens. Then I noticed the same name for the event as previous runs, & no information about the event coming from the powers that be...so the smart money is on them taking the easy out and just giving us the old event. Hope I’m wrong.  But sure doesn’t look like it. 
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for adding a 4* cover in individual progression