Captain America (Infinity War) (4/18/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

"Since opposing the Sokovia Accords, the Super-Soldier has remained under the radar while continuing to do what he believes is right - saving the world one clandestine mission at a time."

Check out the brand new 5-Star Captain America (Infinity War), and find out how you can recruit him onto your team! (Although it's probably best not to make him sign a contract.)

Captain America (Infinity War)

5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Heroes, Avengers, Team Cap
 purpletilepng yellowtilepng

(Abilities listed at level 450)
Rope-a-Dope - 8  AP
Cap distracts the enemy with a false advance, misleading them and leaving their backline vulnerable. Deals 10,130 damage to the non-target enemies.
(PASSIVE) When only 1 enemy remains, this power becomes Coup de Grâce.

Coup de Grâce - 10  AP
At the climax of battle, Cap summons all his strength to land a finishing blow. Deals 15,185 damage. Destroys all friendly colored AP, dealing 868 damage for each AP destroyed.

Man Without a Country - 6 purpletilepng AP
Even without his shield, Captain America protects the innocent with covert tactics. Choose a basic tile. Destroy 6 enemy AP in that tile's color and that tile becomes a 5-turn Countdown tile. While it's on the board, enemies may not fire powers in its color.

On your Feet, Soldier! - 15 yellowtilepng AP
Captain America reaches down and lifts up his fallen ally. This battle's not over yet. Revives a Downed ally and grants them a burst of 60% health.

Recruit Captain America!

Special Limited Vault - Steve Rogers
  • Starts: 4/19/18 12pm ET
  • Ends: 4/22/18 11:59pm ET
  • 40 Item Vault
    • 1x Covert Ops Legendary Token
    • 1x Random Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes) cover
    • 3x Random 3-Star covers
    • 6x Heroic Tokens
    • 4x 2,500 Iso-8
    • 6x 1,000 Iso-8
    • 5x 500 Iso-8
    • 14x 2-Star covers
Special Legendary Store - Covert Ops
  • Ends: 4/23/18 11:59pm
  • 15% chance to get either Captain America (Infinity War), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), or Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)

Event Schedule

Come And Get Me
  • Ends: 4/22/18 11:59pm ET
  • A 4-Star progression reward will be added to the event
  • Rewards tokens to the Covert Ops Legendary cover store

Comments

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Wow, that yellow.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really interesting powers for the 5* scene. Noticeable is two of his three actives are Red/Purple, meaning he wouldn't be run with Gambit, but does *kinda* counter him.

For 6 purple you can shut down Gambit's red engine. (at least until he overwrites the countdown with his own purple)

15 yellow to revive a fallen character has interesting synergy with 5* Thor and 5* Daredevil. You can bring them in hurt, even close to dying, and revive them back to partial health. 1 cover is at 30% health, and 5 cover is at 60% health. It may be advantageous to NOT have 5 covers in this ability to bring them back at 45% or 50%, depending where the thresholds are.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thor and DDs half a health pack.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if it resets Phoenix's From the Ashes.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

Red and Purple active powers, means he won't play nice with Gambit and he doesn't read like a Gambit beater. 

On defence the AI will rarely fire purple on a purple tile which would be the only way to help beat a Gambit.

Yellow you likely want under covered as you could bring a low health DD or Thor and hopefully they only heal to 40 or 50% with less covers.  That could be fun.

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    40 item vault...
    No red iso
    NO support tokens
    Oversight? 
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Considering his yellow is burst healing, I'm assuming the revived character will be back down after the match. I'm curious to see how that will work with DD or OML's true healing.
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    key word is a BURST of health.  so they will still need a health pack after the match is completed.  but it looks like a way to save an oopsie of a match
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    So after you revive a character then unless a character has some true heal presumably they will be dead and need a health pack anyway. This is probably best used on DD right now, especially if less than 5 yellow beings him back under 50%.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Yeah going to need some clarification on if the character is still downed.  Because then it’s really not that intriguing.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Never thought I'd see a Cap without blue.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Thanks brigby.  So he’ll work just fine with DD, not as much with Thor.
  • stochasticism
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. The revived character technically receives 1 point of true healing, and the rest is % burst health.
    So you will still need a health pack if they don't have true heal after the fight. And presumably this is a late match move, hence the 15AP cost, so they might now have that much time to heal anyway. Still a really useful and interesting mechanic. Interesting to see what characters can get the most out of it though.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only our 6th Red/Purple/Yellow character, first outside the 4* tier.

Powers look interesting, Red is kinda like Riri's red, except it turns into a fight-ending nuke when only one target is left, Purple can slow anyone down, but is most obviously interesting as a Gambit counter, Yellow is a unique power (and like everyone else I'm interested if it counts as true healing or not, and how it works with Phoenix and Thor/DD).

Kind of a bummer that this is another variant of a character already at the 5* tier where the original isn't all that exciting. Like, it would be more fun if First Avenger and Infinity War were comparable, instead of Infinity War clearly being the superior Cap (much the way Peter Parker is superior to Back in Black). I kinda realize that it's a necessary evil of the format, 5*'s make the game money, iconic characters do better than non-iconic characters, movie tie-ins only leave you with so many options, leading to a second 5* Cap being obvious, but I don't want to solution to weaker 5*s turning out to be "well here's a new one!" Banner needs a buff, not a better 5* Hulk to replace him, you know?

Also, as a classic-legendary player, putting him in a token with Hawkeye and Widow is interesting, as neither of them are particularly well-covered for me. I could benefit from chasing Cap at launch (much the way I finished covering OML and finally did decent with Phoenix when Gambit came out, I suppose).
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will yellow be able to be sent as a TU?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never thought I'd see a Cap without blue.
    I was kind of expecting it, since the Cap blue powers have almost all (except FalCap) been tied directly to the shield.

I was also sort of expecting a black, both to match the new outfit and to reflect his switch to more shadowy covert ops.

His red reminds me of Riri's, which is already one of my favourite powers, but makes an even better finisher, especially if you've got a non-rainbow active team and end up with a bunch of AP in a useless colour.

Purple seems great when player controlled (that could single-handedly win some Goon nodes), but probably no more than annoying when used by the AI. The one you want if you're a lower-tier player who's probably only getting a few covers.

Yellow, I just don't even know. Very expensive, but potentially a huge impact as well. Especially at the levels where it'll actually be useful, I really don't have enough experience to tell. Could make him very useful in some Boss events, tho.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    Is there any chance for support tokens in the steve america vault?

• stochasticism
    fmftint said:
    Will yellow be able to be sent as a TU?
    Was confirmed this will be possible on Discord.