New phone / Facebook troubles [Investigating]

Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
So I just upgraded from an iPhone 6 to an 8 and every time I fire up the app, it makes me log into Facebook. Not only that, but it doesn’t have the backup to Facebook button checked. I click it, sign in successfully and it still isn’t checked. Any suggestions anyone??

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Xax
    Xax Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    I'm also having FB troubles. I'm trying to add the game to a 2nd device and it won't advance past the Connecting to Facebook screen. I even have FB open in the background. I'm on Android.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    That sounds unusual. I would recommend submitting a ticket to Customer Support if this issue continues. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Same problem on Android.

In my case I've been connected forever (years) and never changed the password.

Today I was auto-logged (locked) out of Facebook because I connected from a 'strange computer' and had to verify with Facebook I was me. Once I did that my Facebook account was unlocked / activated. So I logged into Facebook on my Android phone with no problems (like the poster above I have the app open in the background).

But PQ still can't get past the connecting screen. I've tried restarting the phone and nothing works. Facebook save is unchecked and I can't connect.

KGB
  • Marre87
    Marre87 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Im also having a new phone and at start up i always have a "connecting to facebook"screen wich keeps running. I can cancel it and play but cant share with friends anymore. Im notsure it back ups correctly. Any ideas? 
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    I was also automatically disconnect from FB two days ago and since then I was unable to reconnect to backup my games. The check nerver appears and it took one time more than 10 minutes to try to connect to FB then failed.

• Maximus7481
    Maximus7481 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Add me to the list as well. I got bumped out today and have lost my mission progress even though I can still see my roster and Iso (other things) are the same. It hasn't linked me back properly to my user name so I can't access my alliance and can't do any missions unless I select a different user name. I've logged a ticket.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    I had something similar today, when I started the app it said I had to relogin to Facebook to keep on playing, what I did. It was like I never logged in to FB before but it worked, it shows me MPQ save checked
  • Mjolnirmight2
    Mjolnirmight2 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Same problem here. Android.

Keeps sending me to facebook.
  • Mjolnirmight2
    Tombstone said:
    That sounds unusual. I would recommend submitting a ticket to Customer Support if this issue continues. 
    Cant send a ticket. Cant get into the game!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Could you please try to log back in with Facebook? It would appear that there was an issue on their side, which should be resolved now. Thanks!
  • Chrynos1989
    edited April 2018
    @ Brigby
    Good to hear.
    Nevertheless you guys should check out better ways for saving the backup. I’ve seen a lot games in the last time where Facebook save gets whacky...
    (no critique against you d3 guys, you do a great job, but Facebook services seem to become unstable)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Chrynos1989 Do you have an Android device? If so, you can actually save your progress via Google Play, as opposed to Facebook. It should be available in the Settings menu, right next to the Facebook save button.
  • Maximus7481
    The Facebook link issue got resolved for me but MPQ didn't pick up my username and I had to register as a new name, kicking me out of my alliance and deleting my season/event progress :( Not a happy camper!
  • Chrynos1989
    @Brigby no, sorry, I’m iOS user
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    OK, I resolved my issue by accident.

I had been unable to log in and connect the game to Facebook for days. Then purely by accident (on the past weekend before the fix Brigby mentioned) I tried when WiFi was disabled on my phone. Voila, I instantly connected.

I wonder if something prevents connecting MPQ to facebook through the internet (WiFi) but is OK over the cellular link...

KGB
  • Superman_88
    Superman_88 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    My whole account got erased when I did that somehow, trying to get it restored 
  • Mjolnirmight2
    Same problem here. Android.

Keeps sending me to facebook.
    Having this problem again. One difference: I had uninstalled and reinstalled the MPQ app.

i keep getting sent to facebook when i connect and my saved game is not coming up. Sen ta request to support.

@Brigby

• Maximus7481
    Anyone had a response from devs to their ticket(s) on this one?