Do you want supports in PVP?

2»

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    No
    Well, i think it is impossible for AI to match players with approx. equal power. Even now, i bet players are put together just by considering their maximum level covers, points gained in PvP, and some weird numbers/randomness/coeficients etc..
    NO WAY AI can recognize which 5* is overpowered, which 5* is underpowered, which characters make awesome synergy etc.
    Even if players will be matched with their supports currently equipped, problem i described above will only get multiplied. Same with countering - you can easily counter a team if you know what it is. Same advantage could be multiplied by Supports.
    Plus, what if i will refuse to even use Supports? What teams will stand against me?
    I am surprised players still play PvP :D After entering 4* and then 5* land, my possible gains dropped from 800 points to 400-500 with difficulties. With required character on low level (happens often, especially to 3*s i need to sell and train again after reaching level 266), i am losing even at 200+ points :D 
    Cant wait for supports to be implemented into PvP... result will be fun... one way or another.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    No
    purplemur said:
    On the player side: yes!
    AI on Defense: NO!
    I voted No.. but if this was they way it works for PvP then I’m all for it 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    No
    No unless it's like team ups are now where the enemy supports are rank 1. I waste enough iso slipping teams as is. I don't need to waste more because of supports on the enemy team. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd say yes, with the caveat that they only work on offense, or else the defending team's supports are random and weak like TU powers.

5* play is already riddled with irritating losses due to unrecoverable AI cascades. I don't need some whaled-out supports giving the other team free AP and special tiles and making it that much more annoying to get my points.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,577 Chairperson of the Boards
    One way would be that the AI only has the support that is applied to the required PvP character on defence. As that is normally a 3* or a loaner 4* it would help keep things a bit in check and would allow players to mirror match if they have a character specific support.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    No
    NO
    as long as Devs don't change PVP there is no need to add them to it.