Do you want supports in PVP?

Options
2»

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No
    Well, i think it is impossible for AI to match players with approx. equal power. Even now, i bet players are put together just by considering their maximum level covers, points gained in PvP, and some weird numbers/randomness/coeficients etc..
    NO WAY AI can recognize which 5* is overpowered, which 5* is underpowered, which characters make awesome synergy etc.
    Even if players will be matched with their supports currently equipped, problem i described above will only get multiplied. Same with countering - you can easily counter a team if you know what it is. Same advantage could be multiplied by Supports.
    Plus, what if i will refuse to even use Supports? What teams will stand against me?
    I am surprised players still play PvP :D After entering 4* and then 5* land, my possible gains dropped from 800 points to 400-500 with difficulties. With required character on low level (happens often, especially to 3*s i need to sell and train again after reaching level 266), i am losing even at 200+ points :D 
    Cant wait for supports to be implemented into PvP... result will be fun... one way or another.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No
    purplemur said:
    On the player side: yes!
    AI on Defense: NO!
    I voted No.. but if this was they way it works for PvP then I’m all for it 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No
    No unless it's like team ups are now where the enemy supports are rank 1. I waste enough iso slipping teams as is. I don't need to waste more because of supports on the enemy team. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd say yes, with the caveat that they only work on offense, or else the defending team's supports are random and weak like TU powers.

5* play is already riddled with irritating losses due to unrecoverable AI cascades. I don't need some whaled-out supports giving the other team free AP and special tiles and making it that much more annoying to get my points.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One way would be that the AI only has the support that is applied to the required PvP character on defence. As that is normally a 3* or a loaner 4* it would help keep things a bit in check and would allow players to mirror match if they have a character specific support.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    Options
    No
    NO
    as long as Devs don't change PVP there is no need to add them to it.