War Machine blue power not doing damage [Investigating]

anshalet
anshalet Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
I played Crash of the Titans in the Deadpool Daily with my War Machine facing Thanos. Each time I played War Machine's blue power, it did fire, but Thanos lost no health points. A bug? I didn't think War Machine needed to have invisibility/protect tiles to remove in order to use the other benefit of that power, the damage done in health points.

//Edited Title -Brigby
Tagged:

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, afaik, the damage should always trigger, regardless of whether or not there are special tiles. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Did Thanos have his countdown tile on the board? It's possible there is some weird bug interaction that's causing the "no board change" effect of his ability to prevent War Machine's Heat Signature Detection from dealing damage, due to the tile removal portion of it.
  • anshalet
    anshalet Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Brigby said:
    Did Thanos have his countdown tile on the board? It's possible there is some weird bug interaction that's causing the "no board change" effect of his ability to prevent War Machine's Heat Signature Detection from dealing damage, due to the tile removal portion of it.
    Good question, one I anticipated--no, his countdown tile was not on the board. When I later tried to fire a different power of War Machine's, and after Thanos did have the countdown tile on the board, I did get a "You can't play this power right now" message. So that seems to have been working as expected. But the blue power did fire earlier, when the countdown tile was on the board, and I got the animated graphics for it but no damage dealt to Thanos.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hmm peculiar. Well thanks for that insight! I've passed it along to the team for further investigation.