Gho5t Rider/P4nther/Shuri node in Simulator: the new Royal Family?

ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
Wow, this 5e required node gets out of hand very quickly in SCL 8. If you let P4nther and Shuri get going with their nonsense, it does not go well at all lol. I like these challenging new nodes. 

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not even close.
    Just don't let them get skills off and you'll be fine.

Royal family is on a competely different level.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Hm; maybe it's an artifiact of never having tried Royal Family above SCL 7, but i've not struggled with that node anything like I'm having problems with this one in SCL 8. I have a 2-cover Jessica Jones and a general unfamiliarity with Shuri and P4nther. Who are you using on them?
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a one cover JJ, and am using a champed Gambit and champed Chavez.  I focus on Shuri first, then BP and leave GR for last.  As long as I can match a non purple/red tile set first, the crits generally help get going and can finish them before they fire a power.

Now, SCL 9 might be a whole different story......
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I'm using a one-cover Jessica, Thor and Chavez (or it might have been Kate) in SCL 8, and it's fairly straightforward. Definitely not a patch on the passive killing-machine that is the Royal Family. It's not even a match for the Cage/Fist/Mockingbird node in DP v. MPQ.

I'm enjoying seeing Shuri and Panther in action, actually, as I've barely used mine.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2018
    I have neither a champed gambit nor a champed Chavez (my chavez is at 10 covers, 5 on green, but un-leveled), so maybe that's my problem lol. I was trying the classic Vulture/G4mora Stun all The Things combo, but it wasn't as reliable as it usually is. I got through the first 2 clears, but once Vulture wiped out it there wasn't much to be done.

At the four star tier, my champions are:
    Gamora lvl 281
    Vulture lvl 281
    Coulson lvl 278
    Rogue lvl 278
    Nightcrawler lvl 276
    Cloak and Dagger lvl 275
    Iron Fist lvl 275
    Mordo lvl 275
    Nico lvl 275
    Captain Marvel lvl 274
    Kingpin lvl 274
    Medusa lvl 273
    Rocket & Groot lvl 273
    Yondu lvl 273
    Lockjaw lvl 272
    mockingbird lvl 271

Main Event Hulk is 4/4/6 lvl 131 waiting on iso to champ
    Sandman is at lvl 209, waiting on Iso to champ

My Shuri is un-leveled but 3/4/4, I tried bringing her in to mirror match it but her health was too low.

I have everyone else above 1* on roster, all but 16 of my 3*s are champed. I thought about flipping their specials with Loki, but he is one of my 2 13 cover, unleveled/champed 3*s

I have no 5* champions, all with at least one cover and most with 2 or 3. I have a 1/1/1 gambit.

If anybody has any team up advice, I'll take it lol.
  • TheOne
    TheOne Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2018
    Medusa for sure, but kill Panther off right away before he gets going. I might of teamed up with 3* Dr. Strange and 4* Cage. The enemy abilities are cheap, so Strange can help a lot. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had some trouble with it last run, but this time it has been pretty smooth sailing. I take out Shuri first to stop her fortifying tiles first, then Panther and finally Robbie.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I was able to do it with Yondu/4ocket one time, then G4mora/Vulture did eventually work, i just had a bad run and was low on health to keep at it. For me, getting rid of Shuri first was the move
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    I c&d and vulture'd them on my second try after im40 and Riri almost got wiped in the first go. 3rd and 4th clears I sent in the cleaning crew--c4rol and Coulson with yellow, black, and all ap boosts to get them going quick. That worked well with JJ red.