Character Art

dandyfellow00
dandyfellow00 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
edited April 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Does anyone know where to find information on who the character artists are? I feel as if character designs fall into two categories: realistic and cartoon. I’m interested in seeing more of the artists’ work. 

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    scroll to the end of the character page. the cover and artist info are the last screen.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think he means the art for the character designs in the actual game, not "Who drew the cover art"?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure about artist information. You might find something if you dig on the MPQ Facebook page.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember they changed artists at one point, back around the release of 4* Blade or maybe even a character or two earlier, which would explain some of the difference in styles.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you look at the credits (gear icon in the top left of the main screen, scroll to the bottom and click "credits"), there is a list of the people on the art team (both current and alumni).  I don't think there is any way to link particular characters to their artist in the general case though.

You can get a hint for some of the characters with MPQ specific non-comic covers though.  For example, Reiko Murakami is listed as the artist for Vulture and Mordo.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    A long time ago they put up a video where Jae Tsai, who has since left, did the art for Jane Thor. And before he left I think they said that Peggy was the last character that he did, so at least we can confirm that Jane and Peggy were done by him. I don't think there are any way to link any of the other character arts to particular artists, apart from just trying to figure it out from art styles and release dates of the characters.