First turn sniper countdown tile in Florida [Solved]

Scofie
Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards
Hi, 

For the Ares and 5* essential nodes in Florida  (The Hunt), sniper countdown tiles were appearing on the 1st turn. So either they started with AP in their pool that didn't show or they generated at a rate of knots. More likely this as they were being churned out more regularly than I'd seen before.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hammer Snipers have a Passive that generates a countdown automatically if none currently exists. This is also why they won't trigger Strange or C4ge. It's usually best to wait until it's just got one or two turns left on it before matching it away, because they'll just make another next turn.

It is confusing, particularly because Hammer Assassins use the same sprite, but have an active power for their sniper rifles. I believe the Hammer Snipers only appear in older events like The Hunt and The Hulk, and have been replaced by the Assassins in newer events.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Yep, not a bug.  Look at the requirement for the Sniper's power - 0 AP.  It doesn't need AP in its pool to generate tiles.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks both. I've been playing for over 4.5 years and have never noticed this before! Probably only did this time because it instakilled any character. Must pay more attention! 
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scofie said:
    Thanks both. I've been playing for over 4.5 years and have never noticed this before! Probably only did this time because it instakilled any character. Must pay more attention! 
    For a long time, the power was not accurately marked as a passive, though it did show the 0 AP cost.  The mechanics never changed, but the skill's description got revised and labeled as passive several months ago.