Supports Details - Vaults & Event Rewards *Updated (4/13/18)

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated Story Event progression rewards and Mission Rewards sections
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    I got a couple rank 2s and a rank 4 Milano and I suspect that Iso will again be the bottleneck. I went through 18k of it in seconds and my deficit is still huge.
  • fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    snlf25 said:
    I got a couple rank 2s and a rank 4 Milano and I suspect that Iso will again be the bottleneck. I went through 18k of it in seconds and my deficit is still huge.
    It’s gonna be a while. Once you hit lvl 50 you still need about 360k riso to max your Milano. 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    snlf25 said:
    I am sure we will either get tons of Red ISO from duplicates, or no 4* or 5* Supps - depends on whether they hide Supp tokens behind a paywall, or make tokens available (especially the legendary ones).
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the update, but honestly supports just don't seem that exciting to play with, small tweaks and low chances of interesting things, nothing you can really plan on...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added new detail about Event vaults
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd kind of assumed from Will's post that support tokens would be replacing a 2* cover in event vaults.  It's not at all obvious to me that a basic support token (which in all likelihood will just be a rank 1 support) is worth more than a 3* cover.

And with a 1/80 chance, it might as well not even be there.
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    I'm seconding Jamesh, this seems pretty miserly. Make the vaults clearly better. There's no doubt in my mind that a rank 1 support is better than a 2*, and even if you only get 1400 riso from it, you're probably better off with it than a 3*, but why split hairs? Just give us all of the 3* and the basic token.

Although, the master token has 5* on it, which is better than a legendary token, so maybe they have these valued higher than a 3*. Still, poorly done.
  • veny
    edited April 2018
    Brigby said:
    Begginer support token instead of 3* cover? Well, not only that 3* and higher Supports are strictly hidden behind a paywall, but now Supports will make upgrading regular character roster a bit slower. Not sure if i like the way how Supp tokens are distributed...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    Brigby said:
    Begginer support token instead of 3* cover? Well, not only that 3* and higher Supports are strictly hidden behind a paywall, but now Supports will make upgrading regular character roster a bit slower. Not sure if i like the way how Supp tokens are distributed...
    What is it with you and your 'paywalls'?
    100 HP for a daily deal is hardly a paywall for an advanced roster.
  • veny
    Bowgentle said:
    veny said:
    Brigby said:
    What is it with you and your 'paywalls'?
    100 HP for a daily deal is hardly a paywall for an advanced roster.
    We can get 5* or 4* Supports for 100HP? Well, didnt know that... my bad. Now show me how!!
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    That so petty Dev's. Why not replace a 2* for a support token since more than half the event vaults are 2*'s. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a single legendary token in vaults, so you've effectively got a 1/560 (80*7) chance of receiving a 5* character.  With a single beginner support token in the vault, you've got a 1/1600 (80*20) chance of receiving a rank 3 Support.

So a rank 3 support is worth roughly three 5* covers.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the update, but honestly supports just don't seem that exciting to play with, small tweaks and low chances of interesting things, nothing you can really plan on...
    The percentages add up.  My korg is only rank 2 level 1 and he's consistently putting out 2+ protect tiles which is consistenly goosing the asgard strike.  Also the protects are all eligibile and get a huge buff from Thor's yellow.

On paper it seems small,  but in actual play, the buffs are really noticeable.  The real key is taking 3 different supports in each team.
  • fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Even at lvl 150 some of the procs are nearly 40-50%.  If you are making specials regularly and you have the crit multiplier support adding an extra percent you can scale damage in a hurry. Some supports at lvl 250 will be like having a fourth passive power for your character. That can unbalance pvp pretty fast, especially if you have no way of knowing what the opponent has equipped. 
  • veny
    jamesh said:
    There's a single legendary token in vaults, so you've effectively got a 1/560 (80*7) chance of receiving a 5* character.  With a single beginner support token in the vault, you've got a 1/1600 (80*20) chance of receiving a rank 3 Support.

So a rank 3 support is worth roughly three 5* covers.
    You can pretty much see the value in Hero for Hire offer - 7500HP for three 4* covers, 1400 red ISO and one Legendary Support token.
    At current state, value of Supports will be extremely high, because you dont need 13 of them to unlock full potential, but only one (plus you get lower quality supps fully refunded). Naturally, it will be harder to obtain them and max them out, but sadly, i have strong feeling that the only purpose of this "awesome feature" is to milk players, who are not willing to spend $ for hundreds of released characters anymore.
    Instead of this, they may just added system that would allow duplicates to upgrade rarity of the support - it is often used in other games (Injustice 2 mobile f.e.).
    Gosh, somethimes i think the implementation of supports couldnt be done worse :-/
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    So what’s the general consensus on the quality of the HfH deals?  I mentioned it earlier in the thread (to no response), but it seems to me like the R&G one is a pretty great offering (at least as compared to other HfH deals).  Is everyone grabbing it?  Or am I not considering something that makes it not as good as it seems?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    VizMantis said:
    So what’s the general consensus on the quality of the HfH deals?  I mentioned it earlier in the thread (to no response), but it seems to me like the R&G one is a pretty great offering (at least as compared to other HfH deals).  Is everyone grabbing it?  Or am I not considering something that makes it not as good as it seems?
    I think it depends on where you are.  It's 7500 or almost $50 for the bundle.  That said, one 4* cover usually costs 3600 HP.

The Supports are nice but will take a long, long time to level up with current resource availability.  But a Master token is seemingly very rare (we don't really know what kind of distribution will shake out as time goes on).  So that might tip the scales for you.  It will probably be the cheapest Master token for a while.

Are your R&G champed?  Will the covers champ them?  Or get them to an LT (280, for example)?  If you get an LT from the covers, it becomes easier to buy the whole package.  To me, the R&G covers make the difference more than the Support token.

TLDR: Is it a good deal?  I think it seems pretty good, but it's not tempting me when I am more interested in waiting for the Infinity War content that should be coming.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, the fact that you get 3x R&G covers for what would normally only get you 2 in HfH seems like it makes this an abnormally good deal on its own.  The addition of what seems to be a very rare support token makes for a very enticing icing on the cake.  So it seems to me that this is an objectively good deal.

As for personal needs, the covers just bring my R&G from 286 to 289, so nothing I really need.  But at this point, the only 4* I’m currently cover deficient on that isn’t one of the latest few is Bucky, so I don’t really need to save for other HfH like I used to.  Otherwise, I’m not sure what to spend HP on, other than 1 or 2 100hp daily deal tokens per day (which has me at 20k hp right now).  What are you thinking will be on offer to spend HP on for Infinity War?  Honestly, I don’t recall what past offerings were for big event tie-ins.