pizza dog rank 2 perk is true healing?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
Or is it just burst health?

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think its true heal from the little testing I did.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    The general rule of thumb has been if they use the word "heal" or "restore", then it's a pretty safe bet that it's true healing. 

• Vhailorx
    Yes, demi is usually pretty good about language.  But not always.

And letting us add true heal to any character is a big change to the meta.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now I expect this to be nerfed in 3mos when everyone has a Master Pizza Dog
  • Vhailorx
    Not if it maxes out at 500-1k health per proc at level 250.  That won't be OP, and seems in line with the support numbers on other threads.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now I expect this to be nerfed in 3mos when everyone has a Master Pizza Dog
    Honestly 3months to max level a rank 5 support is probably a realistic objective for at least 1/2 of the mpq universe.  Who knows what the devs think is the correct growth model?,  but I think most players will be have access to at least 1 rank 5 support with enough riso to level it to 250.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    The conditions aren’t that great anyway even if it is true heal. Match a friendly special tile to get a chance at a small true heal?  Not exactly game breaking.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    The conditions aren’t that great anyway even if it is true heal. Match a friendly special tile to get a chance at a small true heal?  Not exactly game breaking.
    It could be. You could heal up any character by putting them in with carnage medusa over and over and over. Then do it with another character, etc, etc, etc.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    tiomono said:
    Orion said:
    It could be. You could heal up any character by putting them in with carnage medusa over and over and over. Then do it with another character, etc, etc, etc.
    Except there's that pesky 2 hour cooldown
  • Vhailorx
    edited April 2018
    tiomono said:
    Orion said:
    Assume the 5/250 stats are something like 50% chance to gain ~1k health when anyone matches a friendly special.  Now put it on 5HE, or carol (both offensive powerhouses that produce tons of specials, but have no D and can't heal).  That's pretty useful, if not game breaking.  Would be even better of pizza dog generated extra red or blue or black.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well you could put it on just your best buffed character for the current PvP or story mode when they get low just take them into a mission and enage in tapping with carnage medusa until they are full health again. 

If it is even slightly exploitable the players of this game will do it.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tested it some more, confirming it is true healing. Not sure it matters who matches it, think you or the enemy will trigger it.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Its a MedusaShield w/ Trifecta in your pocket. HUGE. 
    The crit multiplier will be a must equip on the right American team.

I'm sinking my riso into Lucky until I get a 5* Wong!