Supports Details - Duplicates & Packs *Updated (4/11/18)

13»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arphaxad said:
    Is the only way to increase the star level of a support is to pull the higher star level?
    Yes
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I'm still confused about leveling up a support. Let's say I have a 1* support that I've spent X amount of riso on to raise it to level Y. If I obtain the 3* version of the same support, it automatically replaces the 1* version, but does it have the same level (Y) that I raised the 1* to? Because that would make a huge difference in where I spend my riso. 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    A question to Brigby: How are we supposed to get Support tokens? There is no way how to get them without spending premium currency or real money, except for 1*s and 2*s.
    Do you know whether it is planned to release 3* Supp Tokens for events, or Legendary Supp tokens buyable for CPs?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    veny said:
    A question to Brigby: How are we supposed to get Support tokens? There is no way how to get them without spending premium currency or real money, except for 1*s and 2*s.
    Do you know whether it is planned to release 3* Supp Tokens for events, or Legendary Supp tokens buyable for CPs?
    As of right now, I'm aware of Versus Seasons planning on awarding Support Tokens in the future, as well as Story Event vaults
  • Xax
    Xax Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Brigby said:
    veny said:
    As of right now, I'm aware of Versus Seasons planning on awarding Support Tokens in the future, as well as Story Event vaults
    Can you say when? I don't see any in the Wakanda vault? Will they be included in taco vaults? 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems a very limited way of obtaining support tokens. 
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby we need to be able to earn support tokens in story event nodes, progression, and placement. Replace standard tokens or minimum iso awards.

Also, add support tokens to resupply and VIP bonuses. If you want players to use them we need to have access to them.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arphaxad said:
    @Brigby we need to be able to earn support tokens in story event nodes, progression, and placement. Replace standard tokens or minimum iso awards.

Also, add support tokens to resupply and VIP bonuses. If you want players to use them we need to have access to them.
    Hahahahaha.  They'll never provide support tokens that easily.  Have you seen the numbers?  A single duplicate rank 1 support gives you 1400 rISO.  That's almost as much as you can earn in an entire event.  My guess it that you'll be able to earn 1-2 support tokens a week.  And if you get 1 master support token a season, you'll be lucky (unless you pay for them, of course).

So jump on those H4H deals now, because you won't see that many support tokens again for a long time.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Orion said:
    Arphaxad said:

Hahahahaha.  They'll never provide support tokens that easily.  Have you seen the numbers?  A single duplicate rank 1 support gives you 1400 rISO.  That's almost as much as you can earn in an entire event.  My guess it that you'll be able to earn 1-2 support tokens a week.  And if you get 1 master support token a season, you'll be lucky (unless you pay for them, of course).

So jump on those H4H deals now, because you won't see that many support tokens again for a long time.
    Agreed. Were going to have a lot of Lower level supports maxed out for a while before we even get the next tier for it. It's looking like those higher tiered Purple and Gold Support tokens are only going to be available in the bundles in the HFH store. I just hope it stays as an HP bundle and not a real money one like the old ones. Good thing is the Red Iso is going to pile up with limited avenues to get higher ranked Supports.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    Arphaxad said:

It depends on how frequently they are going to pop out new supports.  If we're stuck with these 14 for a while or they only add 1 per season sure.  However if they add 5 or more per season that might not be unreasonable.

We don't know what we don't know and we won't know until we know, you know?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:

Agreed. Were going to have a lot of Lower level supports maxed out for a while before we even get the next tier for it.
    You might, I'm not spending a shred of red ISO until I have a minimum of one of these things at level 4 and possibly even 5. Why would I waste ISO feeding it into a lower tier Lucky for example to then get a 5* Shield. Yeah I know you don't lose those levels but chances are I'm not going to get too many of these a 5* level as an occasional VIP buyer. So the feature is dormant for me as I don't need it anyway for PVE clears, well unless they bring back roster scaling....

And I don't currently need it for PVP, imagine the storm when they drop this extra level of RNG into PVP and they will.

I think this is a masterstroke by the Devs, they currently had a system where they completely devalued the main currency you buy HP, getting past this next level RNG will be HFH packs and vaults. Well played.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, cant wait for getting duplicates of same 5* Support while waiting for decades to get tokens from RNG based drops like vaults :D
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Orion said:
    Arphaxad said:

It depends on how frequently they are going to pop out new supports.  If we're stuck with these 14 for a while or they only add 1 per season sure.  However if they add 5 or more per season that might not be unreasonable.

We don't know what we don't know and we won't know until we know, you know?
    If you think about it, this is a good way to roll it out - they gave us 3 supports for free, they gave us 3 more "basic" tokens for free, and they gave us access to a vault that has two "basic."  The HfH store has one buy with 10 "beginner" and one "advanced," and another with a "Master."   The second HfH buy is probably worth it for the 4* alone if you can afford it -- I just got it today and sank myself to 150 HP (until I applied the R&G levels.)  That's the lowest I've been in at least a year.

So right now, everyone has access to 15 basic tokens (though 2 are very expensive/luck based,) one advanced, and one Master.  That's enough to give you a smattering of supports - you'll get some duplicates and you may get lucky enough to get some 2-4 level supports.  You won't have enough RIso to max anything, but enough to pick and chose one or two, or give a smattering across them all.  If you get both HfH deals you'll probably end up with 10-14 supports - with one being 4-5, probably around two 3s, a bunch of 2s and the rest 1s.

It's a taste.  They will definitely need to roll them out a bit faster eventually, but for now it should be slow so everyone can get used to them...
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Anyone else having trouble remembering which of the 300+ cards you put your supports on?

@Brigby - an enhancement request to put the assigned card in the support screen who you can tell who they are assigned to without looking thru all the characters.
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Am I the only ones who finds it odd that all three supports with pictures of flying machines (or airplanes if you prefer) are traveling in the same direction? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I the only ones who finds it odd that all three supports with pictures of flying machines (or airplanes if you prefer) are traveling in the same direction? 
    The majority of the current supports "point" to the right, or toward the AI team.  Seems like maybe that was the intent?  That makes sense to me, anyway.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hilk said:
    Anyone else having trouble remembering which of the 300+ cards you put your supports on?

Brigby - an enhancement request to put the assigned card in the support screen who you can tell who they are assigned to without looking thru all the characters.
    Hi Hilk. This is definitely something the team is aware of, and designing some sort of indicator is on their to-do list.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    Hilk - I just keep a memo pad next to my phone with each Support (written in pen) and who's currently assigned to it (written in pencil).

It's a really easy and convenient system, as long as I don't forget to erase and re-assign the Support on my memo pad. Then I just have to triple-tap through each of my 200 characters and re-write the support, which is also an easy and convenient system.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    My wife says the devs should understand a 5* Wong isn't as impressive as they'd like us to believe.