Welcome to Supports! (Vault)

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
Hey everyone, we have this exciting new feature called Supports. Here's a free token to a special Supports vault to celebrate this exciting new part of the game.

O ------> 2-star Magneto  :s

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I got a 4* buster which I was happy with.  And one of my three free tokens got me a 3* Quinjet, so... cool.  I do find it weird that the vault is just a regular vault with only two VERY SMALL red iso pulls.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Yeah... so I got one of the above mentioned small amounts of red iso with my free pull. Uhm... on the one hand: yay! It's a rare resource (right now)! On the other: This feels like a kick in the shins, cause that is a very tiny pile indeed.

[imagine Futurama 'Death by snu-snu' face animation here]
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Hey everyone, we have this exciting new feature called Supports. Here's a free token to a special Supports vault to celebrate this exciting new part of the game.

O ------> 2-star Magneto  :s
    2-star Cap here.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I couldn't believe it when I looked at that vault.

Let's celebrate our new feature by giving you a 2 in 81 chance of getting one of the new things!
    Yeah, erm...okay.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I understand not filling it with Supports tokens, they gave us some free ones to get us started, but maybe replacing some of those character covers with varying amounts of RISO would have been a niftier idea.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a red Magneto. Is 50 red iso a lot?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I got a 4* buster which I was happy with.  And one of my three free tokens got me a 3* Quinjet, so... cool.  I do find it weird that the vault is just a regular vault with only two VERY SMALL red iso pulls.
    Note that it is pretty much the same as a regular 80 item vault.  It has the same number of LTs, 4* characters, and 3* characters, and the tokens are priced the same too.  So the question is whether that small amount of red iso and beginner support tokens are better than the 2* characters they've replaced.  My guess is that this is a preview of what all vaults will look like from now on.

It definitely looks like the tokens are far more valuable than the iso this time around: once you get to a point where most support draws are duplicates, a beginner token will likely net you at least 1400 red iso (for a rank 1 dupe), compared to the 50 red iso they've got in the vault.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    The vault was too big. They didn't want whales purchasing the vault over and over again via resets to max all supports. They should have made the vault much smaller, along the lines of the strange sights vaults or even smaller. Just a dozen items where there are a couple of support tokens would have been perfect.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Got 2* Storm. Woo-hoo!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got 50 red ISO.  A paltry amount since one of the 3 tokens gave me a duplicate Avengers tower and 1400 red ISO.  50 is a real slap in the face. I’d rather have had a 2* cover.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Yes, 50 rISO seems really low. I got a duplicate 2* support and got like 7k rISO for it...
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a 50 rISO and it felt like being handed some pocket lint.
  • herm1978
    Bowgentle said:
    My god you people.

_I_ complain all the time about stuff, but complaining about getting free stuff really is taking it too far.

How is getting 50 rISO för 100 hp getting free stuff?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I got a Lockjaw cover.

I would have prefered the cover for MEHulk or Mordo that's also in the vault, but it seems the doggie likes me.

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moonstone  :|
  • herm1978
    OJSP said:
    herm1978 said:
    How is getting 50 rISO för 100 hp getting free stuff?
    Because this thread is talking about what we get from our Free Token. I got 2* Wolverine, I think.
    It is? You dont think it is resonable to talk about the new vault in general and the worth of the new items in relation to the cost? Guess I'll just see myself out then...
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    50 Red ISO is the new 20 ISO consolation prize, it seems. The two ISO currencies are radically different in terms of value, and in terms of their comparative rarity. Seems that Support tokens - even basic ones - are intended to be very rare and valuable indeed, as the value that a duplicate "sells" for eclipses almost every other RISO handout in the game.

Consequently it feels like the absolute best outcome from your three free Support tokens is to hope that you receive duplicates, as the extra levels on your existing Supports are more useful than a new level 1, rank 1 Support right now.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't get anything great from the vault; I spent 100hp in there to see what the deal was before the free token, got the Loki I needed to get my 5/2/5 to 13 covers, so that was lucky. My freebie was a 2* torch, who is sitting at 5/0/5 right now after flipping a max champ over.

From my free Support Store tokens I got: a 3* Element Gun (which came with 1400 red iso for upgrading off a 1*), a 2* Quinjet, and a 1* the Milano. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    This should have been an exciting vault filled with an abundance of Supports and Red Iso.. instead it's the typical vault loaded with unnecessary 2*'s, as if we don't already get enough of them