Brand New Supports Feature! (4/5/18)

Comments

• hferg
    hferg Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Pongie said:

PvP season rewards get hoovered up by the top 50 every month. I hit 4K every month, place around the top 7th percentile 250/5k, and the rewards for that are like three heroic tokens. It's a pittance. Putting the tokens here will just give more to the few people who are already gobbling up everything.

So yeah, I feel like a fairly average player. Generally top 7-15 percentile, consistent daily play, VIP access and a full champed 3*, fully recruited 4* roster, trying to cover them. There's gotta be a lot of other players like me. In my experience, if the new tokens aren't in the progression rewards for story events, then I can pretty much ignore this feature entirely. The random vault token I pull will likely be less frequent than the rate at which new supports get introduced.
    Just want to point out that you are currently top 7-15 percentile in your season bracket. There are many brackets per season with varied scores. Top 50 in one bracket might not even be Top 200 in another bracket. 
    Indeed, I get over 4k each season myself, but never get above 1100th place.... then again, I also start with the VERY FIRST EVENT of the season, so most people in mine are going to get pretty high scores.....
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:

In regards to how to receive other tokens, check out the Supports Details - Vault & Event Rewards post.
    Brigby Unless I'm missing something, all this details is how to earn Red ISO going forwards. There's the two limited special offers and the one limited-time vault, but these are both temporary and require a purchase or a purchase and RNG in order to get the tokens. Is the implication here that this is the main way we'll be able to get support tokens in the future? Or will they be integrated into other rewards as well? As of yet we don't have any clear path, which most of us are anxious for.
    I'm not sure how many ways there will be to acquire tokens in the future; in my personal opinion, I hope a few more get added. Having said that though, I referenced that post, because it is simply the most relevant one to their question, and stated the avenues that are currently available to players. 
    Thanks @Brigby ! It was unclear if there were more avenues that just were not yet detailed, or if these additional avenues (if any) were still TBD — now we know it's the latter.
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Does a 5* support automatically make the support level 250, or does it start from level 1?  For example, if your first cover for a support is a 5*, will it be at level 1 or level 250?

Also, it would be great to preview what the increases are for the supports as they level, like we can with the main characters.  That will make it easier to know what we're getting for our iso.  
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited April 2018
    Does a 5* support automatically make the support level 250, or does it start from level 1?  For example, if your first cover for a support is a 5*, will it be at level 1 or level 250?

Also, it would be great to preview what the increases are for the supports as they level, like we can with the main characters.  That will make it easier to know what we're getting for our iso.  
    Rank and Level increase independently of each other. In other words, you can have a Rank 5 Support that's still at Level 1 or a Rank 1 Support at Level 50.

The benefit of a higher Rank Support is access to other perks. The benefit of a higher Level Support is that the perks that are available become stronger.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:

Rank and Level increase independently of each other. In other words, you can have a Rank 5 Support that's still at Level 1 or a Rank 1 Support at Level 50.

The benefit of a higher Rank Support is access to other perks. The benefit of a higher Level Support is that the perks that are available become stronger.
    But you cant have a level 250 at rank 1?
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Can get level up to rank x50, so rank 1 cap is level 50, rank 2 is 100, etc.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited April 2018
    Smart80 said:
    Brigby said:

That's correct. Rank 1 max level is 50, and each subsequent rank increase adds an additional 50 max levels.
  • hferg
    Brigby said:
    Smart80 said:
    Brigby said:

That's correct. Rank 1 max level is 50, and each subsequent rank increase adds an additional 50 max levels.
    And the ONLY way to increase the rank of a support is to find a higher ranked one in the draws, right?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I think the best way currently is to get red iso through conversion. 5* Support = 24,000 iso. 
  • hferg
    I think the best way currently is to get red iso through conversion. 5* Support = 24,000 iso. 
    good luck getting 5* supports though
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Ok, just me, but hooked up Starlords and Grockets with Drax. I was impressed! I had enough to fire Draxs red first turn. The countdown was deadly with Grockets tiles. It was fun and I did a whole board clear fast without using Thanos. Me likey!
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    I think these supports are terrific and am happy to have them.

But this just exemplifies, more than ever, the need to either reopen the prologue or create some new, open-ended story mode where we can just play and play. (I suggested something along those lines here:  https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/71118/proposal-new-story-mode-replacing-the-prologue-long )

I've played each of the nodes in Wakandan Design Group the requisite four times and am now "enjoying" the long cooldown while the points regenerate.  I have these wonderful new toys and chimichangas and cannot actually do anything at all with them right now.  If it were a new character that I'd acquired, I could play some PVP to see how the powers work, but I can't play anything right now without messing up my placement rank.

I've got this great Rank 2 chimichanga and I can't taste it for another twelve hours.  This is cruel.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards

But this just exemplifies, more than ever, the need to either reopen the prologue or create some new, open-ended story mode where we can just play and play. (I suggested something along those lines here:  https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/71118/proposal-new-story-mode-replacing-the-prologue-long )

I've played each of the nodes in Wakandan Design Group the requisite four times and am now "enjoying" the long cooldown while the points regenerate.  I have these wonderful new toys and chimichangas and cannot actually do anything at all with them right now.  If it were a new character that I'd acquired, I could play some PVP to see how the powers work, but I can't play anything right now without messing up my placement rank.

I've got this great Rank 2 chimichanga and I can't taste it for another twelve hours.  This is cruel.
    On that vein, they should add back the replayable node in the season screen.  They used to have a replayable node (no rewards), but at least it let us try out new characters, and in this case supports.  Or just a real sandboxed Danger Room thingy where we can select the characters on both sides so we can experiment with counters without the pressure of placement.  No rewards need to be given (would be nice, but I think that'd have to be tied to any task based mission rewards that they should bring to the game), but it let's us goof around and try out new things...  
  • dark jurai
    dark jurai Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Pongie said:

PvP season rewards get hoovered up by the top 50 every month. I hit 4K every month, place around the top 7th percentile 250/5k, and the rewards for that are like three heroic tokens. It's a pittance. Putting the tokens here will just give more to the few people who are already gobbling up everything.

So yeah, I feel like a fairly average player. Generally top 7-15 percentile, consistent daily play, VIP access and a full champed 3*, fully recruited 4* roster, trying to cover them. There's gotta be a lot of other players like me. In my experience, if the new tokens aren't in the progression rewards for story events, then I can pretty much ignore this feature entirely. The random vault token I pull will likely be less frequent than the rate at which new supports get introduced.
    Just want to point out that you are currently top 7-15 percentile in your season bracket. There are many brackets per season with varied scores. Top 50 in one bracket might not even be Top 200 in another bracket. 
    I mean yeah, of course there are. I'm saying every month for the last few years I am getting near full PvP progression on the season and still only landing 300ish, around 7th percentile. It's pretty consistent. I'm sure once you get near top 50 you're gonna get heavy variance. The point is that with near full monthlong progression, I'm still well outside the range that is likely to see a single token, cuz all the good rewards start at 50th. So if the tokens aren't in progression, I won't see them, and I'm actually playing a lot. The guys with full champed 4s and 5s will be vacuuming them all up. If you're telling me you can hit top 50 with a progression score in the 6-7k, I'd love to know how you're finding that bracket. If you're saying the people in my bracket hitting top 50 would be even worse off in other brackets, then I imagine you're saying so to reinforce my point. And I'd believe it.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards

On that vein, they should add back the replayable node in the season screen.  They used to have a replayable node (no rewards), but at least it let us try out new characters, and in this case supports.  Or just a real sandboxed Danger Room thingy where we can select the characters on both sides so we can experiment with counters without the pressure of placement.  No rewards need to be given (would be nice, but I think that'd have to be tied to any task based mission rewards that they should bring to the game), but it let's us goof around and try out new things...  
    Unless (or Until)  they add PvP a node on the PvP Seasons screen wouldn't help test this feature.  Unless I'm missing something, that node hasn't existed since I started playing so not sure about it.
  • dark jurai
    dark jurai Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    And weren't these tokens supposed to be in story vaults starting with Wakanda? I'm not seeing them in there. So yeah, I guess H4H is how you reasonably get these? That's a bummer.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    The tokens in vaults will be added for the next event, Simulator. On the issue of tokens in PvP placement, I am hoping that if they only have one avenue for winning tokens, the reward extends pretty far down the rankings.  If you can get 5CP at t500, a Beginner support token at minimum should go down that far.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    The whole thing has been very underwhelming, it's the most vanilla update to the game that I can recall since starting.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Straycat said:
    smkspy said:
    The whole thing has been very underwhelming, it's the most vanilla update to the game that I can recall since starting.
    Come on man, its like saying Valkyrie is bad because you have her at 0/0/1 lvl 70. These are useless right now, but we're 2 days in with bug and quality of life changes already on the way. Once you get ranks and levels on them, then come back and see how they are.
    Ranks and levels? We cant even get tokens without paying real money or premium currency :D