Supports Details - Vaults & Event Rewards *Updated (4/13/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2018 in MPQ Supports Discussion
Hi Everyone,

A special introductory vault as well as special store offerings will be available starting today, giving everyone additional ways to get more Supports. Log into Marvel Puzzle Quest before Monday to receive free tokens to the Supports store and the Welcome to Supports Vault!

Starting with the Fight for Wakanda Story event and the Doctor’s Orders Versus event, players will start being able to earn Red Iso-8 from playing and competing in events. Red Iso-8 will be available as placement (individual and Alliance) and progression rewards in Story and Versus events.

Special Store Offers

Details:
  • Available to all players
  • Contains covers, Red Iso-8, and Support tokens.
  • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
  • Maximum 1 purchase (each).
Offer 1:
  • Three covers (1 of each power) of Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)
  • 4,500 Red Iso-8
  • Nine Beginner Support tokens
  • One Advanced Support token
Offer 2:
  • Three covers (1 of each power) of Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
  • 12,000 Red Iso-8
  • One Master Support token

Welcome to Supports! Vault

Special introductory Vault
  • All players who log in while it is active will receive a token to this vault
  • Pulls can be purchased in 1x, 10x, and 40x amounts.
  • Daily deal is available
  • Vault can be reset

Event Rewards

• Red Iso-8 is included in event rewards starting at S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 3 for Story, Versus, Versus Simulator, and Versus Season.

Event Vaults

• A Beginner Support token will be added to Event vaults. It will be replacing one of the 3-Star covers. *New Update*

Placement Rewards

• For individual placement in Story and Versus events, Red Iso-8 is rewarded in the 251-500 tier and higher
  • For Alliance placement in Story and Versus events, Red Iso-8 is rewarded in the 251-500 tier and higher
  • For reference, here's how much Red Iso-8 players can earn at S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9:
    • 3-Day and 4-Day Story events: up to 140 for individual, up to 85 for Alliance
    • Versus events: up to 80 for individual, up to 50 for Alliance
    • Infinity Stone Versus seasons: up to 230 and an Advanced Support token for individual, up to 180 for Alliance

Progression Rewards

• Three progression rewards have been added to Story and Versus events.
    • Story Events: 8th, 21st, and 31st reward slots
    • Versus events: 4th, 11th, and 18th reward slots
    • Versus Simulator events: 5th, 17th, and 24th reward slots
    • Infinity Stone Versus seasons: 4th, 11th, and 16th reward slots
  • For reference, here's how much Red Iso-8 players can earn at S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9:
    • 3-Day and 4-Day Story Events: up to 1,035
    • 7-Day Story Events: up to 2,185
    • Versus Event - up to 615
    • Versus Simulator events - up to 790
    • Infinity Stone Versus seasons - up to 840

Mission Rewards

(This will be available starting with the upcoming Simulator Story Event)
  • In Story Missions, the three hard missions as well as the 3-Star and 4-Star required missions will include Red Iso-8.
  • Mystery Boosts have been removed.
  • Red Iso-8 can be earned on the 5th completion of these missions.
  • Players can earn up to 29 Red Iso-8 a day from Mission Rewards.

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Are these coming later?  So far I haven't received a free token.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

Same here. No free token.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mystery Boosts have been removed

Yes! Thank you for replacing these useless boosts with Red ISO! 

Any chance we'll see red ISO added to DDQ? Maybe an additional Red ISO node that gives us 100 per day?
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 84 Match Maker
    @Brigby Small type-o in Placement Rewards section
     "Red Iso-8 is rewarded in the 501-500 tier and higher"
  • Shintok17
    Got the R&G Bundle. Got 5* Wong from the Token. Leveled him up and equipped it on 3* Strange. Loving it. It fires at least 1 perk every match and most of the time even 3 at a match. Now I see how useful they are. It becomes apparent at the 5* level since you have 5 perks to take advantage of. Can't wait to try out the other non starter supports.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    A whopping 29 red ISO-8?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, an Advanced token available in personal PVP Season placement... and that's it? Where are the rest of the tokens? There are three token types, and only the middle one is available at all?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited April 2018
    Please keep in mind that this is just the initial roll out of Supports. The team will be reviewing the feedback, once players have had a chance to earn more Red Iso-8 and Supports, and started utilizing them with characters. These may not necessarily be the final locations or values of these resources.

TL;DR: Give it a try first! Let us know what you think, once you have :)
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    So, an Advanced token available in personal PVP Season placement... and that's it? Where are the rest of the tokens? There are three token types, and only the middle one is available at all?
    You can get all 3 token types from the 2 Heroes for Hire options in the store right now.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why do supports display level cost only based on red iso available? We complained about this for characters for  YEARS, why take a step back?  Are you afraid to show the actual cost? 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Brigby said:

Progression Rewards

Now you hold on just a gosh darn minute, these 2 things appear to contradict each other. If you're stating the specific slots that they are being added, I'm quite inclined to believe that you are REPLACING the rewards in those slots, not ADDING new rewards on top of what we usually get. This however appears to mean you are redesigning the reward structure, so I will proceed with cautious optimism! 

Story Events (Meet R&G: SCL 8)
    • 8th Slot: Power Boost
    • 21st Slot: 2x 3-STAR COVERS!!!
    • 31st Slot: 500 Iso-8

Versus Events (Category-5: SCL 9)
    • 4th Slot: Elite Token
    • 11th Slot: 3-STAR COVER!!
    • 18th Slot: ???? There's only 15 reward slots?????

Simulator (Time Season SCL 9)
    • 5th Slot:  25 Hero Points
    • 17th Slot: 3-STAR COVER!!
    • 24th Slot: ????? There's 23 reward slots.... :|

Time Season (SCL 9)
    • 4th Slot: 3-STAR COVER
    • 11th Slot: 1000 Iso-8
    • 16th Slot: ???? 15 reward slots..... :|

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

Same here. No free token.
    Same. I see the 'Welcome to Supports!' vault but have gotten no free token, and I can't see the other special offers yet.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Progression Rewards

Now you hold on just a gosh darn minute, these 2 things appear to contradict each other. If you're stating the specific slots that they are being added, I'm quite inclined to believe that you are REPLACING the rewards in those slots, not ADDING new rewards on top of what we usually get. This however appears to mean you are redesigning the reward structure, so I will proceed with cautious optimism! 

Time Season (SCL 9)

I think you answered your own question.  The fact that Versus Events (Category-5: SCL 9) only has 15 slots, but they state 18 means these are being added.  I would assume then that the counts are based on the new slots and not the old ones, so to figure out, you'd have to put the first one in, recount, put in the second one, recount, etc.

A picture of the reward tables would be so much clearer and seemingly less work...
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    If he can calculate hypothetical numbers for SCL9 , then there's gotta be a reward table....available for forum consumption, I suppose, is another matter. 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Hmm... that Hero for Hire bundle looks more attractive (and more expensive) now :D
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    No free token but I saw the Welcome to Support Vault, Dr Strange and R4G HfH.. And I saw 2 x 50 red iso  :o  It's going to take a long time to level up.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion said:
    JHawkInc said:
    You can get all 3 token types from the 2 Heroes for Hire options in the store right now.
    Right, and a week from now those will have been purchased or expired, and two of the token types will no longer be available, and it will still be a problem. 

Brigby said:
    Please keep in mind that this is just the initial roll out of Supports. The team will be reviewing the feedback, once players have had a chance to earn more Red Iso-8 and Supports, and started utilizing them with characters. These may not necessarily be the final locations or values of these resources.

TL;DR: Give it a try first! Let us know what you think, once you have :)
    I cannot give it a try until you FINISH the initial roll out and actually give us a way to acquire them. (one seasonal mid-range token is nice, but it should be on TOP of a moderately reasonable way to get the basic tokens)

I get that we're meant to slowly progress through the system, 5 ranks, 250 levels, 14 Supports (that will grow over time), but this initial roll out is so slow it's debatable that anything is being rolled out. We're still in teaser territory. You're asking us to try the ice cream before we give some feedback, giving us one bite, then making us us sniff all the other flavors from across the room. You've got to let us really have a taste, man!
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    50 bucks for a master support token. I like the pricing, I‘ll buy it instead of the Mother Lode in the future.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

Progression Rewards

Time Season (SCL 9)

I think you answered your own question.  The fact that Versus Events (Category-5: SCL 9) only has 15 slots, but they state 18 means these are being added.  I would assume then that the counts are based on the new slots and not the old ones, so to figure out, you'd have to put the first one in, recount, put in the second one, recount, etc.

A picture of the reward tables would be so much clearer and seemingly less work...

Yep, I agree completely.  It's pretty obvious that these rewards are being added, not replacing anything.
  • Shintok17
    Just got the free Support vault token and 3 tokens for the support store.