Brand New Supports Feature! (4/5/18)

Comments

• 1EvilMan
    1EvilMan Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Yeah, I'm going to need the "Train" button back. Thanks.  
    Also why can't we add the supports after picking the team and have something that shows what support is equipped? 
    Does anyone play the game before releasing the update? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Please add a way to access Supports once you are selecting your team for a match. This seems like an oversight.

Edit:  the “Train” button doesn’t show me Supports, but the character Info button does. Soooo.....still feels a little busy to me, but it’s there.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Test 1: Vintage Shield synergy works with Peggy Carter (Captain America)
    Test 2: Vintage Shield synergy doesn’t work with Sam Wilson (Captain America)
    Test 3: Vintage Shield synergy works with Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
    Text requires clarification to specify Peggy or Steve rather than Captain America.
    To be fair, 4* Sam Wilson doesn't create any count downs.  So even if they let him have that perk it wouldn't do anything.
    Oh yeah. Huh. Considering he has a passive that affects countdowns too... so how overdue is Flaptain for an overhaul anyway? I mean, the dive bomb is impressive, but it’s more expensive than a Vegas h- wait, that’ll get mod edited. Well, it’s costly. Or maybe we’ll just end up getting an MCU Falcon with the Redwing attack drone, dual bang-bangs, and sweet aerial moves Still think there should be a character that can take a target airborne with him. Why not Sam? (Not like Riri where it’s accidental)
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    So I equipped a support to Black Bolt when I received them yesterday. 

Q1- True or false: after the 2 hour cool down, the support does not drop from BB, or in other words, it stays attached to BB. (pretty sure this is true, but just want to confirm before my next 2 questions)

Q2 - Assuming I have NOT swapped the support onto another character and it is therefore still attached to BB, if I start another match with BB after the 2 hour cool down, is the support still active? In other words, does BB still receive the perks of the support?

Q3 - If the answer to Q2 is yes, does this restart the 2 hour cool down timer? Or can I use the support with BB as long or short as I want and then swap it to someone else?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    jneidus said:

Q1- True or false: after the 2 hour cool down, the support does not drop from BB, or in other words, it stays attached to BB. (pretty sure this is true, but just want to confirm before my next 2 questions)

Q2 - Assuming I have NOT swapped the support onto another character and it is therefore still attached to BB, if I start another match with BB after the 2 hour cool down, is the support still active? In other words, does BB still receive the perks of the support?

Q3 - If the answer to Q2 is yes, does this restart the 2 hour cool down timer? Or can I use the support with BB as long or short as I want and then swap it to someone else?
    The cool down is for swapping it not for using it. You can equip a Support to a character you always use and just forget about it. 
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Punter1 said:

Repeat after me - "We are all Beta Testers"
    The fact that they acknowledged some bugs as soon as it released proves they are doing internal beta testing. If anything, we are Gamma Testers. [insert Hulk related humor here]
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Shintok17 said:
    jneidus said:

The cool down is for swapping it not for using it. You can equip a Support to a character you always use and just forget about it. 
    Got it. Thanks Shintok.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor

jneidus said:

A1 - Yes, it stays attached

A2 - There is only the initial cool down to keep you from swapping after every match. The support stays active until you move it to another character, and only then does the timer start up again

A3 - see above - no, this does not restart the timer
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Regarding support selection, just make it so an upwards swipe on the character selection screen transforms into a support selection screen instead. On Steam, you could have a little arrow above the bar with all the characters that moves you "up" to a bar with all the supports. 
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    I just don't understand how we can be the beta-testers for something that is extremely limited, and honestly has yet to show any use for as of yet. If the vaults wont become available until May, why release now when it doesn't provide any needed help in PVE?
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Some of the supports, e.g. Hydra Henchmen, have no character specific perk at present. Are these going to updated to add one when a suitable character is released in the future?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    This falls under “doesn’t matter yet, really”, but the Quinjet Support is now in the game.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Ptahhotep said:
    Some of the supports, e.g. Hydra Henchmen, have no character specific perk at present. Are these going to updated to add one when a suitable character is released in the future?
    I honestly prefer heroes in the game to villains, but the Henchmen just call out for Baron von Strucker, don't they?

I attached the Henchmen to the Hood for several rounds in Luck Be a Lady last night and while their fortification wasn't really that important - the chapter is mostly Iso-8 mutants and Doombots - it was nice to see it in action and my special tiles get fortified from time to time.
  • Shintok17
    2 new bundles in the HFH store have just appeared and they contain Red ISO & Support Store Tokens.

• Shintok17
    There's a welcome to supports vault also.

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Shintok17 said:
    2 new bundles in the HFH store have just appeared and they contain Red ISO & Support Store Tokens.

I've got: 

Strang3 - Cover of each color, 4500 Red Iso, 1 Advanced Support Token, 9 Beginner Support Tokens: 3400 HP

R4G - Cover of each color, 12000 Red Iso, 1 Master Support Token: 7500 HP

I also have a "Welcome To Supports!" Store with 81 items. 1 LT, 2 Beginner Support Tokens, 2x 50 Red Iso, 3 4-stars (Medusa, Spider-Gwen, Winter Soldier), and about 20 ish 3-stars. The rest are 2s. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    spent 100hp on the daily deal Vault, and got the 13th cover i needed to champ Loki, who was sitting at 5/2/5 so that was good I suppose. I don't actually see the store for supports, I suppose it only appears if you have tokens to spend in it?

Those HP prices in H4H seem very high for these things to me, but H4H in general has always struck me as seeming very highly priced. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:

I've got: 

Strang3 - Cover of each color, 4500 Red Iso, 1 Advanced Support Token, 9 Beginner Support Tokens: 3400 HP

I also have a "Welcome To Supports!" Store with 81 items. 1 LT, 2 Beginner Support Tokens, 2x 50 Red Iso, 3 4-stars (Medusa, Spider-Gwen, Winter Soldier), and about 20 ish 3-stars. The rest are 2s. 
    I have all the same except the vault characters are different (as I'd expect, those are often random).  I have Stran3 & R4G for the H4H offer though.  
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 said:

I've got: 

I have the same bundles in the HFH store as your. In my vault the 4*'s are Iceman, Falcon, and Winter Soldier. None that I want. I might get the R&G bundle since it will bring him up to 11 covers for me.