Supports are here! What are you doing with them?

Comments

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    I leveled one of mine - can't even remember which one.  I can't imagine investing 500 riso now in the "wrong" support will have any kind of long-term impact, really.

That said, so far I'm pretty underwhelmed by the whole thing.  Once I've managed to go up a few star ratings in one I'm sure I'll feel differently, but in the short term they aren't going to change my gameplay at all.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Polly_P1 said:
    I put henchmen on vulture, but I am guessing it does not work to fortify countdown tiles, or I just have not been able to activate it yet.
    I did get him to fortify some of groots strike tiles so that was cool. Still no countdowns fortified. Also not sure it it work while he is airborne yet. He had landed both times the support fortified a tile.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Polly_P1 said:
    Polly_P1 said:
    I put henchmen on vulture, but I am guessing it does not work to fortify countdown tiles, or I just have not been able to activate it yet.
    I did get him to fortify some of groots strike tiles so that was cool. Still no countdowns fortified. Also not sure it it work while he is airborne yet. He had landed both times the support fortified a tile.
    Thanks for this; it is the only one that seemed worth my attention so far and this is just the character I had in mind for it. Please do keep reporting back -- fortified countdowns are rarities and it would be great if this Support did that (occasionally).
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I think having +X Yellow to the start of matches will really help out my Black Bolt.. getting off that motivation tile consistently will really help me in some of these 5* required nodes.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Saving it.  The 500 ISO came in as a 4* reward.  So like a LT or 4* cover from a vault (1/20) - something I get maybe every other event?  Makes me think the likely earn rate will be somewhere between 500-1000 red ISO/week.....pretty low.  If I want to be able to actually use a support when I find a higher rank one I need to be saving red ISO for a while to take advantage of that opportunity.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Considering the amount of Red ISO, there is really not much to do at this moment.
    So far i am hoarding red ISO and waiting for first Support of decent rarity, preferting the most universal one, that can be equipped with all characters. My plans are to fully upgrade three universal supports and save Red ISO for better Supports that will (will they?) come.
    Right now i am refusing to upgrade Supports that are tied to some category like X-Men, or Spider-Man (MAYBE i will consider upgrading one of each villain/hero-only Supports, since dozens of characters belong into these categories. 
    However, who knows... maybe Red ISO wont be that rare.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gave Hydra to Thanos (because Villain) and the shield to Daredevil (because the game made me) but otherwise I'm not gonna bother touching them until I have more Iso or ranks in them.

I mean, I'm in 5* land. My Captain America and Iron Man 5*s are level 255, so they're out. My Star Lord is level 255, so he's out. Only thing worth investing is, sort of, is my Hydra for Thanos. And even then, only kinda.
  • Ironkodiak
    Ironkodiak Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2018
    Lamenting the loss of the page that allowed us to see a character's cover image in full without a stat bar across it. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lamenting the loss of the page that allowed us to see a character's cover in full wiyhout a stat bar across it. 
    It's still there, it's just at the end. Keep scrolling right.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Yepyep said:
    Polly_P1 said:
    Polly_P1 said:
    Thanks for this; it is the only one that seemed worth my attention so far and this is just the character I had in mind for it. Please do keep reporting back -- fortified countdowns are rarities and it would be great if this Support did that (occasionally).
    I managed to get him to fortify a countdown tile! It took numerous matches, but I pulled it off with one of wasp tiles.  Still no luck on airborne. I posted a thread in suggestions. Over all I am liking the addition, and am excited to level them
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    The support mightn't fire when the character they are attached to is stunned or airborne, if the effects are like regular passives...

For science, I'd suggest attaching it to another villain teaming with Vulture.  :*
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Polly_P1 said:
    Yepyep said:
    Polly_P1 said:
    Polly_P1 said:
    I managed to get him to fortify a countdown tile! It took numerous matches, but I pulled it off with one of wasp tiles.  Still no luck on airborne. I posted a thread in suggestions. Over all I am liking the addition, and am excited to level them
    I can live with that if they don't "fire" while airborne or stunned. It's great that they can affect cds! Best news yet...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Put the tower on Wasp. Actually had it proc once during PVE even though there was only a 5% chance. Started with two Yellow and was a match away from laying down specials. Kind of cool. 

The others I haven’t equipped yet. 

I’m saving my Red Iso like everyone else. 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Absolutely nothing, 1 star supports are going to be like 1 star characters underwhelming. Im waiting until i can get at least 3 star before i do anything with any of it.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    mbaren said:
    evade420 said:
    Trying to figure out how to unequipp them ?!
    They can't be unequipped per se - I asked about this in the Bugs forum.  They can be reassigned to a different character, but not removed entirely.
    Presumably they can be unequipped at the cost of one 3* cover and a spare roster slot: just sell the character they're equipped to.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards

Did everybody get the same supports to start off with? I got Star-Lord's guns, Avenger's Tower and Cap's WWII Shield, but other people talk about Hydra Henchmen.

Equipped all 3 to the 3 chars I used most, even if it doesn't make much difference, there's no reason not to use them.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,239 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 said:

Did everybody get the same supports to start off with? I got Star-Lord's guns, Avenger's Tower and Cap's WWII Shield, but other people talk about Hydra Henchmen.

Equipped all 3 to the 3 chars I used most, even if it doesn't make much difference, there's no reason not to use them.

Yes, everyone should have the same 4 Supports right now.  You should restart and/or contact CS.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Lamenting the loss of the page that allowed us to see a character's cover in full wiyhout a stat bar across it. 
    It's still there, it's just at the end. Keep scrolling right.

Thanks, @JHawkInc   I totally missed that.  
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    With just the initial ones, I think the biggest help is going to be perks that have a chance to create special tiles. It won't proc often at this stage, but can open up some more synergy between powers that effect those tiles and characters that don't create them on their own.
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker

As expected, underwhelming at level 1 / rank 1 but what did we expect? Characters only start getting interesting after you apply levels and powers only after applying covers, I think in a couple months we'll really start seeing what we can do (plus all the new supports incoming).

As for current usage, strapped all four supports to my 5s and hoarding riso until more supports and ranks of supports start dropping.

On a side note, nice that supports we are already have are auto-converted into riso, hopefully means we can get them up and actually being useful quicker.