Coalition Events on Weekdays

Options
babar3355
babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2018 in MtGPQ General Discussion
A few squeaky wheels have consistently complained about coalition events during weekdays.  It now seems that these events have been removed.  However, I wanted to take a poll to see if this was actually the community consensus or just a dissenting but loud minority.

Personally, I loved the relatively short mid-week events with decent prizes.  I feel like there is much less keeping me engaged in the game now that these are gone.  I have a hard time finding time to play on the weekends, while weekdays are much easier for me to manage.

Coalition Events on Weekdays 29 votes

I prefer a mid-week coalition event most/all weeks
44%
bk1234sjechuababar3355ZW2007-Skiglass6FindingHeart8NinjaEBrakkisBilWolfteethMtnHippieMEx3Blazer 13 votes
I prefer a mid-week coalition event occasionally (1-2 per month)
31%
madwrenTomBFeralSkaldboblpoblLaeuftbeidirMburn7KinesiaDBJonesEnygma6 9 votes
I prefer never to have a mid-week coalition event
17%
IM_CARLOSjoergingerRasalghulgogol666Indymon 5 votes
I refuse to answer the question but for some reason want to log a "present" vote...
6%
Corn_Noodlesard021 2 votes

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its a nice change, and the extra rewards are nice, but not every week.  I can only sneak off at work to clear nodes so often before its a problem
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is there a "it makes literally zero difference to me" option?  I suspect I'm not alone in simply not caring when coalition events are.  I'm just curious since you seem to be limited to only those with strong opinions in the poll.
  • babar3355
    Options
    James13 said:
    Is there a "it makes literally zero difference to me" option?  I suspect I'm not alone in simply not caring when coalition events are.  I'm just curious since you seem to be limited to only those with strong opinions in the poll.
    Pretty sure that is option 4.  I just made it a pithy comment because I can't understand why people with no opinion need to vote in a poll.  So you can either take option 4 or you can just abstain.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Selection bias in sampling can give incorrect pictures of a population.  Option 4 didn't read to me like I had no preference in it's current phrasing but rather like someone is simply crashing a poll with only two "real" options and a variant on one.

Sorry if it's pedantic.  Err toward inclusiveness.  It's phrased poorly if you want an actual answer rather than expecting people to answer some sort of "I'm ridiculous for having this opinion" option.
  • Blazer
    Blazer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    I actually have more time during the week to play as weekends are pretty busy, but I may be the minority.

• babar3355
    Options
    James13 said:
    Selection bias in sampling can give incorrect pictures of a population.  Option 4 didn't read to me like I had no preference in it's current phrasing but rather like someone is simply crashing a poll with only two "real" options and a variant on one.

Sorry if it's pedantic.  Err toward inclusiveness.  It's phrased poorly if you want an actual answer rather than expecting people to answer some sort of "I'm ridiculous for having this opinion" option.
    Sampling bias might be present because we are all forum goers and don't represent the full MTGPQ population.  I don't know how that relates to people just abstaining from voting on a question about preferences when they don't have a preference.  Anyway, it is just a pet peeve of mine for voluntary surveys.

However, I probably should have worded it properly for the purpose of giving the developers an idea of how important the issue is.  If 95% of forum goers vote "No opinion" the dev's would recognize the issue as one that is not particularly important, and thus, wouldn't need to allocate resources.

Unfortunately, I can't change the lingo in the poll questions... =/
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    James13 said:

Unfortunately, I can't change the lingo in the poll questions... =/
    I'm pretty sure you can.  Go to the settings wheel in the top right and hit "edit"  
    I've done it before, I believe
  • babar3355
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    I'm pretty sure you can.  Go to the settings wheel in the top right and hit "edit"  
    I've done it before, I believe
    You used to be able to do that in the old forum format. However, no longer.  You can change the txt in the main box but not the poll questions.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I prefer never to have a mid-week coalition event
    Coalition event needs a lot more planning and sometimes more patient (annoying objectives). Hard to arrange around real life woth family, job and so on. Even on weekends.

Why last events so long? Last WE event took 30 matches and in the end top25 had perfect score.

Make events shorter and special objectives to sort out more players. But no objective like '3 or less life' more like 'reach city blessings until turn 5' or 'reinfore one non-token creature 6 times'. 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    arrgghh I wish I had read all the options before voting, totally would have been the first "I refuse to answer the question," vote

but now I've already answered and it's too late not to... :'(
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    arrgghh I wish I had read all the options before voting, totally would have been the first "I refuse to answer the question," vote

but now I've already answered and it's too late not to... :'(
       Not really ... If you clik on any players avatar in the poll, and then exit from the players profile, you are able to vote again ... Unexpectedly.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [MOD MIC ON] Poll closed due to bias in neutral option (Forum rule 13).[//MOD MIC]
This discussion has been closed.