Brand New Supports Feature! (4/5/18)

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Ignoring the feature or spending any red iso until they plop it in pvp and I have to buy the one that’s generates or steals the most AP. 

All the things people have have been crying for the last 6 months another currency wasn’t one of them. Do people actually want this feature over reworks, rebalances, more feeders, New pves etc?

My pve clears are fast enough anyway, I’m sure I will equip them when I can level them far enough, until then I file it under clutter.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

Since there is some confusion as to which max champ character has a support enabled, would you kindly inquire as to what happens if you sell a character with a support enabled? 

Does the support go back into inventory, or is it gone for good?
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    pheregas said:
    @Brigby

Since there is some confusion as to which max champ character has a support enabled, would you kindly inquire as to what happens if you sell a character with a support enabled? 

Does the support go back into inventory, or is it gone for good?
    It stays in your inventory.
  • Dauntless74
    Dauntless74 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    (This is to avoid a situation where the best strategy is to change your support setup between every fight.)

Isn't that kinda the point of "support" to give you the best shot using the best strategy? Are we going to be in a situation where we can't fight a certain emeny with a certain character because they've got the wrong perks locked in for a couple of hours?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    (This is to avoid a situation where the best strategy is to change your support setup between every fight.)

Isn't that kinda the point of "support" to give you the best shot using the best strategy? Are we going to be in a situation where we can't fight a certain emeny with a certain character because they've got the wrong perks locked in for a couple of hours?
    I am afraid THIS is to avoid same problem characters are facing for years - you use only few of them, while others are rotting in your roster and waiting for being required in some node once per few weeks.
    Without cooldown you could simply max out 3-5 Supports and apply them to all your characters (this will happen anyway to me, since i dont really use more than 5 characters). Resulting in what? Not buying red iso, not buying nor upgrading other support, which will make releasing new ones pretty useless (especially cuz Supports cannot be promoted, champed or so, so uprgading them is pointless and fear of getting duplicates is non-existent).

The more i am thinking about Supports, the more i am worried about them being just another pointless hoard.
    Damn, DEVs should have spend more time in developing some feature that would allow us to use our unused characters. Gosh, even mobile Injustice 2 has its offline mission since the very beginning. Is that so hard to make a Base, from where you could send your characters on mission to get loot? :D
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor

I agree, I don't understand why this needs to have a cooldown. They're being given to us in the first place to augment the strength of our characters, and if we're spending the red iso and tokens to acquire them, our use of them shouldn't be limited. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to ask,  why was this rolled out with such limited functionality? 
    4 rank one supports that can be leveled all the way to 8!
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    fmftint said:
    Did you expect the will give you all Supports and millions of Red ISO? Hah, expect farming and grinding similar to regular characters :D  
    Basically it will be two paralell games - MPQ with characters and MPQ with supports, both working in some synergy while scattering your resources (time, money, and i am afraid also ISO-8, HPs and maybe CPs.). 
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Are supports eligible for Crash of the Titans? Could I equip Wasp in two days?
  • Jrlrma
    Jrlrma Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Why are so many people stressing about removing them? It's not like they hurt you or hinder your game play.
    If it really bothers you to have it on the random character the game picked for you, then assign it to some 3* you never use.

Becuase theres no way to tell who has one equipped people will forget where they are. 

Plus its a simple, simple thing that shouldve been included. 
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Jrlrma said:
    Why are so many people stressing about removing them? It's not like they hurt you or hinder your game play.
    If it really bothers you to have it on the random character the game picked for you, then assign it to some 3* you never use.

Becuase theres no way to tell who has one equipped people will forget where they are. 

Plus its a simple, simple thing that shouldve been included. 
    It doesn’t matter where they are. Before battle select your characters and equip your desired supports. So long as they are not on cool down it absolutely does not matter if they’re equipped somewhere else. 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Bubba3210 said:
    Yes, crashes are eligible.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bubba3210 said:
    Yes, page 4 of this thread has a post by Demiurge_Will confirming that DDQ counts as a Story event.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    veny said:
    Is that so hard to make a Base, from where you could send your characters on mission to get loot? :D
    But however would they get you to pay $RL for ISO if they just started giving a bunch more out for free?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    fmftint said:

I agree, I know that ways of earning them are coming, but it feels very half-baked currently. 

Repeat after me - "We are all Beta Testers"
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    We are all Beta Testers. But in this case I don’t really mind. 
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    “We are all Beta-Testers!” :O
  • DrDoomy
    DrDoomy Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Yep, I was excited about this, but it's not really a feature yet, just infrastructure for a feature that could be cool someday.
  • leoperez90
    leoperez90 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    This new feature is trash. It's a waste of time it's just another reason to waste money and another reason to save up. This is not a solution to pvp or to players saying that the game is to hard, this is just gonna get even worse for any player who thinks this game is hard as it is. I can't wait to give the feedback bc this is ridiculous you guys could of spent your time fixing other things and making a better useful mechanic then what we got.