Maybe time to rally for more Villians again...

SpecSpecter
SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
Today Suports came out and right out the gate we get a HYDRA one that only villain characters can use. This got me curious so I did a count... there's only about 19 villians total above the 3* level which just comes off as... weird I guess in a game where the characters number well over a hundred.

So I was wondering, of the villians Marvel has to offer, who would you most like to see. For me personally it shouldn't be much of a surprise as my thread on Doctor Doom isn't all that hard to find but as far as non-repeated villians... honestly I'll probably like to go for characters like The Collector or The Grandmaster (if they even count). As a side-note, frankly I'm still surprised that with all the success Black Panther has been doing that we never got a Killmonger in game.

Comments

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Personally, I'd love to see characters with ambiguous pasts and motivations (like Red Hulk and Elektra) get a split designation, where they could use both hero and villain supports.

That being said, if that's too much work, we should at least get a big bad for every character who can carry their own comic book title. 
  • SpecSpecter
    Deadpool and Loki could probably make that list as well. For characters not yet in the game there's also Taskmaster.

Anyways it just kind of baffles me that we get HYDRA goons in game without any of the actual major HYDRA characcters. Red Skull and Baron Zemo being obvious ones, but it seems more often then not the the MCU plays a big part of what characters we see in game and both of them have already had their time on screen come and pass.

Talking about HYDRA, I would love to see stuff from AIM as well as that's a pool that's pretty much untapped. Like MODAK and maybe even Monica Rappaccini.

• Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    In the last round of official suggestions, I offered up Kang the Conqueror as a 5*. I'd love to see Sabertooth as a 4*, and Red Skull as 4&5*. Doom with the Power Cosmic needs to be his 5* iteration.

New suggestions:

Mandarin 4*
    Fin Fang Foom 5*
    Dormammu 5*
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sim Mayor said:
    Personally, I'd love to see characters with ambiguous pasts and motivations (like Red Hulk and Elektra) get a split designation, where they could use both hero and villain supports.
    That would be interesting. There's a lot of switch-hitters out there, though often the cover/concept of each variant is pretty clear on which side that version falls - like Magneto, who is clearly a villain in his 3-star form while his 2-star version represents one of the times he was with the X-Men. His in-game affiliations support this.

Still, I like the idea. Maybe Namor could be the first character released who has affiliations to both heroes and villains.  :)
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    As a side-note, frankly I'm still surprised that with all the success Black Panther has been doing that we never got a Killmonger in game.
    Just wait for the Blu-Ray...
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I just had an idea for Kang the Conqueror. He should have 3,4,&5* versions, and all of them should be playable in the same group, meaning they shouldn't block one another from being played simultaneously in your team. Previously I thought of a House-Party-Protocol-like power for him, but this could replace that idea for something more unique to Kang. Obviously, he should get some crazy team-up powers active only to a full Kang group. Oh, and to further the theme, there could be a Support version of him, or three (only equipable to Kang... and maybe Doom), for a total of six different Kangs!  :p
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just had an idea for Kang the Conqueror. He should have 3,4,&5* versions, and all of them should be playable in the same group, meaning they shouldn't block one another from being played simultaneously in your team. Previously I thought of a House-Party-Protocol-like power for him, but this could replace that idea for something more unique to Kang. Obviously, he should get some crazy team-up powers active only to a full Kang group. Oh, and to further the theme, there could be a Support version of him, or three (only equipable to Kang... and maybe Doom), for a total of six different Kangs!  :p
    Kang's 3 versions would logically be Rama-Tut/Kang/Immortus although what order they go in is up for debate.
  • DAZ0273
    As for new villains - I can't see many obvious choices from upcoming films etc.

We have Thanos and I'd be surprised if any of the Black Order make it in game as actual characters (but perhaps as some sort of non-playable/support function for Thanos) from Infinity War.

Not sure who the villain in Ant-man/Wasp is.

Likewise Luke Cage/Iron Fist - maybe Steel Serpent?

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    To the original post about the Hydra Henchmen support, do you know how many 4* Villains actually create special tiles (to take advantage of perk to potentially fortify a special)?
    -3-
    Carnage, Kingpin, Sandman

And the 5* characters:
    -2-
    Goblin, Doc Ock

Eesh. Guess Ill go Carnage unless I need it on a boosted 3* for an essential node or something.
    The other perks start to get pretty good with levels though.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    To the original post about the Hydra Henchmen support, do you know how many 4* Villains actually create special tiles (to take advantage of perk to potentially fortify a special)?
    -3-
    Carnage, Kingpin, Sandman

And the 5* characters:
    -2-
    Goblin, Doc Ock
    Your entire team doesn't have to be made of villains. The Hydra support will fortify any friendly special tile.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, countdowns are special tiles. Vulture currently has my Hydra Henchmen equipped to occasionally protect his green countdowns while he's airborne.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Kang's 3 versions would logically be Rama-Tut/Kang/Immortus although what order they go in is up for debate.
    Or they can say "bah too many villains" and insert Iron Lad into the fray  :D ... though that then opens up the door to more Young Avengers since they have Kate and America in game already...

Image result for kang immortus * Also there's Scarlet Centurion to add to the fray...

Or if they make him solely a 5*, they can have a Lockjaw-esque power and call it "Council of Kangs" where a different version of him appears depending on what color is most prevalent....
  • SpecSpecter
    edited April 2018
    DAZ0273 said:

Looks like it's going to be Ghost [ http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost_(Earth-616) ] which I would be totally down for even though, honestly, he's probably considered a bit of a small-fry/obscure in the MCU scope of things.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    Or they can say "bah too many villains" and insert Iron Lad into the fray  :D ... though that then opens up the door to more Young Avengers since they have Kate and America in game already...

Image result for kang immortus * Also there's Scarlet Centurion to add to the fray...

Or if they make him solely a 5*, they can have a Lockjaw-esque power and call it "Council of Kangs" where a different version of him appears depending on what color is most prevalent....
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot about those two. Of course Scarlet Centurion could also = Squadron Supreme and I would really love some Marvel JLA in this game!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:

Looks like it's going to be Ghost [ http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost_(Earth-616) ] which I would be totally down for even though, honestly, he's probably considered a bit of a small-fry/obscure in the MCU scope of things.

Ah cool, I seem to remember Ghost from Iron Man comic books although obviously that might mean nothing for the big screen version.