War Machine vs. Thanos

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Incredible, my level 162 wm took out Thanos without any boosts at all. 1808 HP left. LT got me my first JJ, yummy!

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stark engineering vs. a mad god of Titan. No problem for champed War machine, proving yet again that Thanos is easy fodder when he's on defense.

95th token to the hoard.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
     Not too many issues for my 3/5/5 Level 281 Rhodey. There was plenty of green on the board throughout the match. I fired Gatling Gun twice; the first time, all three CDs resolved, the second time two did. And Thanos was still only one match away from firing Come And Get Me!

At any rate, my last Gatling Gun CD tile to resolve fell into the last blue match I needed to fire Heat Signature Detection, and that was all she wrote. 

If you're undercovered or underleveled, I'd think the best strategy would be to deny green as much as possible. That has the benefit of feeding yourself as well. If you don't have blue, or only one or two covers in it, you may want to try and deny purple too. That can prevent you from firing green, or getting the full benefit of it if your CDs are already out. If you have good blue coverage though, I'd say prioritize getting that nuke over denying purple. 

Finished first try, no boosts, with 11409 health left. Token to the hoard. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    3/5/5 lvl. 289

Warmachine was my first champed 4* so it's a bit nostalgic to use him. As a purely offensive character I just went for his colors and fired them as able. Think the win took 2 gattling guns and 1 heat sig detection.

Token to the hoard.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    looking unlikely for my 4/1/1 lvl 135 War Machine - hopefully can pick up a free blue cover in the taco vault

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    4/3/1 War Machine with no boosts applied.  Denied green and purple best I could and eventually whittled him down.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/2/5 lvl 153 War Machine made heavy weather of this but finally got it 3rd try.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/4/4, level, uh, 170, 180, something like that. It took me two tries, because on the first try my colours just wouldn't drop.

Token to my mini hoard, since I'm ISO poor at the moment. I had to level Mockingbird & Cho to 209 and I've got a Jean cover on the vine with an HfH offer up too.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    5/5/3 recently champed WM did this the long way with a blue heavy board. Took a full Infinite power countdown and fired off one HSD, and thankfully got off the 2nd one before his Come and Get Me ticked down. Never got to fire off red or green.

Nova champ level. Still waiting on a JJ to start gathering again.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    279 3/5/5 War Machine barely got it on the first try.

Thanos was getting these cascades of death and I won with about 400 health left. Ultimately i saved up 22 blue ap and nuked him twice.

LT gave me a Red Jessica Jones cover. She's 1/1/2 now  o:)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I accidentally forgot to respect from 5/3/5 for my Lv271 Warmachine (I was fooling around with his red at 5 & MNMags' blue at 5 to reset the board with attack tiles) and went in that configuration with no boosts against Thanos.  I denied green and worked around two uses of his purple.  One red, one green and one blue (in that order) ability later, Warmachine had won with ~60% of his health left.  

The LT either got me a red Jessica Jones or an Elektra champ level (I opened the token with my Apocalypse progression LT and I forgot which order they were in).  Regardless, not a bad result.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    2/2/4 lv. 111 Rhodey is getting absolutely annihilated. I have to focus on denying purple because the match is over as soon as Thano5 puts down that tile.

Not going to put any ISO into WM right now to try to finish this crash since I'm sitting on eight fully covered 4*s waiting to be champed.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Lots of trouble with lvl 168 4/2/2, but i managed at last with a lot of boosts. LT got me  4* Starlord. Still no JJ :(
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    A bunch of tries for my 4/3/1. Tried the first couple at 145, got utterly destroyed. Brought him up to 172, had a couple of close matches and a couple where I got smashed, and finally managed to pull it out with a ton of boosts and a good board.

Token was an Archangel Black. I probably should have saved it until he left Latest.
  • Monarda
    Monarda Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I eventually managed this with my 4/1/1 lvl 135 War Machine, and without boosts! Of course that's because I'd run down my stock of relevant boosts and was just using it as a combination of time killer and puzzle. But eventually I got a board rich in red, poor in green (I don't think either of us fired it), managed one blue attack, matched away his purple, and most importantly made a few four tile matches that fed me attack tiles. I think I was only on about 850 health when Thanos went down.

Token was turned into a purple Kraven cover.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried this a few times on the first day with my 4/2/0 level 147 War Machine without much luck and gave up after getting demolished.

I gave it another shot on the last day without boosts and got within a few thousand health of winning.  So I equipped a bunch of match damage boosts and tried again.  Three attempts later and I had my legendary token (and first place in my DDQ bracket).

On the winning attempt I got my red countdown out pretty quickly, and the attack tiles managed to stick around for a while chipping away Thanos's health.  I managed to fire the red power a few more times and blue once, but was mostly trying to deny purple and green.  It was a shame I couldn't use any of that green AP though due to lacking that power.