The path through Florida

Options
Heartbreaksoup
Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
Florida, the second chapter in The Hunt event, is hopelessly confusing.  I enjoy having multiple nodes to play, but they pop up willy-nilly around the map and the narrative doesn't make very much sense.  Even stranger, I might be mistaken, but I think that one of the three easy nodes doesn't even appear until after the second of the three escalating nodes has been played once.  Then there's Jump Jets 2, which appears on the left side of the map and seems to want to be played before Jump Jets 1, which is on the far right.

Could the artists please draw a path for these nodes, and have them appear along that path in a sensible sequence, so the story makes sense?

Comments

• dave7099
    dave7099 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Seconded
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On the one hand, I can kind of see the reasoning behind setting up the sub as it is. The battle is supposed to be a chaotic mess with no one really knowing what's going on, and Tony getting pulled in different directions constantly by different reports of attackers and requests for backup. The layout of the sub reflects this.

On the other hand, it really does not make for an enjoyable game play experience. Points for trying something, but in the end, I think that experiment has to be called a failure, and since we do have to keep playing the event, the map should get re-worked to some extent to make it more playable.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe just adding some arrows for optimal order? That keeps the flow of the story, yet makes it playable... Just ask Deadpool how to do this... ;-)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, when I say the map should get re-worked, a line connecting the nodes in order would absolutely suffice. Just something so we're not wasting time scrolling back and forth trying to figure out where the new node just popped up.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just voicing an agreement here, in case anyone reads these. That sub is a pain.